Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2018, 07:17 PM   #1

I give up....

After multiple attempts to have my trailer wrapped to match my DX3, we had to give up. At this point, I’m about to paint it and just not worry about the graphics.

Disgusted... it’s close but not close enough.

Mark
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C398946A-DC1F-43D5-B21E-6805056DB5A7.jpeg
Views:	215
Size:	162.2 KB
ID:	173249   Click image for larger version

Name:	91CEFDEA-7937-403F-9855-C2C0644F778E.jpeg
Views:	215
Size:	184.5 KB
ID:	173250  
Orangecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 07:25 PM   #2

#firstworldproblems

Did you ask Dynamax for the paint codes ? If the wrap guys can't get it right that's not your problem.
TheGerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 07:31 PM   #3
itch'n to road trip

Send a message via AIM to campnqueen Send a message via MSN to campnqueen Send a message via Yahoo to campnqueen
Looks pretty damn good to me.

2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4
2014 Work & Play 25ULA
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight, Valor & Scarlet Begonia
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 07:51 PM   #4
Lifelong Learner

Difficult to really tell what's going on from the pictures but from that angle and lighting there appears to be a noticeable difference in the "cream" color, on the DX3 it appears more orange and on the trailer it appears more silver.

I assume the DX3 has metallic paint, those are hard to match even on the same vehicle let alone different material (vinyl wrap).

Seems like disappointment that could have been avoided if they had you bring the DX3 out and check the wrap against it BEFORE applying??

Nice setup though, good luck
dinkhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 08:24 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkhauler View Post
Difficult to really tell what's going on from the pictures but from that angle and lighting there appears to be a noticeable difference in the "cream" color, on the DX3 it appears more orange and on the trailer it appears more silver.

I assume the DX3 has metallic paint, those are hard to match even on the same vehicle let alone different material (vinyl wrap).

Seems like disappointment that could have been avoided if they had you bring the DX3 out and check the wrap against it BEFORE applying??

Nice setup though, good luck
A few things...

While this is a "wrap", it's not vinyl that is pre colored. It is a white vinyl that is printed upon. The colors are close and even close enough to work (considering the way it's done) In order to make the metallic and bring the correct colors out, the entire wrap is then covered in a tinted metallic clear.

Variations in the color come from printing each sheet. I'll bet my guy has spent $3-4K on wasted materials.

I've even spent the last few days trying to find a match in colored vinyl and still can not.

I had even considered painting the trailer since matching wouldn't be a problem since we use PPG and I have the codes.

The problem is I can't fit my 12' tall trailer into my 10' shop doors...LOL.

And yes, the vinyl had been matched to the RV at least a dozen times. The different results are variances in the sun, angles and different sheets printed. Trust me, I've got 4900 miles on my DX3, I think 4800 are driving to and from the vinyl place (and they're only 2 miles from me....LOL)

I'll figure something out.

Mark
Old 05-24-2018, 09:00 PM   #6

Hi Mark what trailer did you end up buying and is it a stacker? I've been all over the fence trying to decide on what to get....
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 07:06 AM   #7

I think it looks outstanding!
2018 Dynamax REV 24 TB Sold 2/2021
porsche84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 07:27 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecrush View Post
After multiple attempts to have my trailer wrapped to match my DX3, we had to give up. At this point, I’m about to paint it and just not worry about the graphics.

Disgusted... it’s close but not close enough.

Mark
I saw this Post on Facebook in response to a customers question about where to get a stacker trailer wrapped, you might contact these folks?

Dynamax Motorhomes The only place we have ever dealt with is Sharpline here I the ELKHART area.
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 07:53 AM   #9

Oh.... To have such problems. Looks great to me.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 07:59 AM   #10
Commercial Member

I feel for you. while it is close, we talk all the time here...You are better off contrasting certain materials. Because sometimes when you have two materials and they are close, it looks like you tried to match and missed.

I'd say paint is the way to go...but that is a custom paint with a fade. And you're not replicating our mask...you are continuing it. So we wouldn't have a mask that would work. Our guys would have to chop one up and hand tape a bunch of stuff. Not an easy task, nor an inexpensive one.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 08:02 AM   #11

I say just wrap the RV and the trailer together. Then it’s guaranted to match and the paint will be protected
Old 05-25-2018, 08:36 AM   #12

For some reason I don’t think you will give up.
Old 05-25-2018, 06:59 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURWHL View Post
I say just wrap the RV and the trailer together. Then it’s guaranted to match and the paint will be protected
We saw a Renegade that was all in black. Absolutely loved it. Since the trailer is black, I figured at this point, it'll be cheaper to wrap the RV in black. LOL.

No way I'm covering up that beautiful paint design.

Mark
Old 05-25-2018, 07:40 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountieman View Post
For some reason I don’t think you will give up.
Actually you're right... I was getting ready to take the skis to the lake today and decided to take the RV to the company that the race teams use. I walked away feeling confident that he might actually be able to do this.

We'll see...

Mark
Old 05-25-2018, 08:46 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecrush View Post
Actually you're right... I was getting ready to take the skis to the lake today and decided to take the RV to the company that the race teams use. I walked away feeling confident that he might actually be able to do this.

We'll see...

Mark
Your in a business , and must be successful, that requires a complete psychological disorder called OCD... I know you will get it just the way you want it.

I know because I have it also. I have been working on a POS hunting tower blind I bought for 4 days rebuilding it and making it what I want. It only cost 800 and should have sent it back but after Im done it will be worth having. My wife said thats what I get for being a cheap ass and not buying a good one to begin with
Old 05-27-2018, 10:37 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountieman View Post
Your in a business , and must be successful, that requires a complete psychological disorder called OCD... I know you will get it just the way you want it.

I know because I have it also. I have been working on a POS hunting tower blind I bought for 4 days rebuilding it and making it what I want. It only cost 800 and should have sent it back but after Im done it will be worth having. My wife said thats what I get for being a cheap ass and not buying a good one to begin with
LMAO... I know the feeling. I think I should have gone into manufacturing instead. I can never get it the way I want it.

It never fails, after a job, I have to fix their crappy work and I always end up saying I should have just done it myself.

Mark