Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2016, 08:15 AM   #1
Commercial Member

I love having a paint shop.

Previous division, we shopped our paint out. So creativity and customization was really left in the hands of multiple outside shops and rarely went well. So we didn't change anything...too many things to go wrong.

At Dynamax we mix our own paint, we're able to try out different things in real time, talk to the painters directly, which is like having a little science lab.

I loved the subtle, classic paint of our Khaki Isata 3. Then we did a more traditional black/silver and I really liked that as well. A dealer, liked our Cosmic Blue DX3 and wanted it on an Isata 3 for his own use. So, of course we tried it out.

This is now my new favorite. I'll get better pictures when its done...but it looks beautiful in person. Just a little edgier than our other colors, non-traditional....which is really the heart of Dynamax.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5945.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	345.0 KB
ID:	112746   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5946.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	338.5 KB
ID:	112747  

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 08:31 AM   #2

That looks really nice! That blue is an awesome touch.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 08:40 AM   #3

Love the paint jobs you guys do on your own, that was one of the things we liked when looking at the Trilogy line. Now ordered a new River Stone and they farm out the paint job so now want to paint the truck to match, will have some research to do for that I guess.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 08:44 AM   #4
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
Love the paint jobs you guys do on your own, that was one of the things we liked when looking at the Trilogy line. Now ordered a new River Stone and they farm out the paint job so now want to paint the truck to match, will have some research to do for that I guess.
If we weren't so busy, we'd offer our shop up We actually had a guy bring us his brand new DX3 and brand new white trailer. We carried the paint scheme from the DX3, into the trailer, colors, lines and all. It wasn't cheap...we had to hand tape things off and make a frankenstein paint mask for some areas, but it turned out great.

Old 07-01-2016, 08:55 AM   #5

I love the blue and silver awesome

The Home of the FREE because of the BRAVE
LittlePM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 08:57 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
If we weren't so busy, we'd offer our shop up We actually had a guy bring us his brand new DX3 and brand new white trailer. We carried the paint scheme from the DX3, into the trailer, colors, lines and all. It wasn't cheap...we had to hand tape things off and make a frankenstein paint mask for some areas, but it turned out great.
Thanks wish you could I know the rep we were working with said if we went with the Triology it might have been possible I believe his name was Jeremiah but he has since left. We tow with a full size Kenworth so it would have been AWESOME LOOKING!!!
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 11:48 AM   #7

Quote:
This may be in my future if I end up going the enclosed trailer route! Glad to know you guys would entertain the idea

Full body paint was something that was completely lost on me while I was shopping. I likely wouldve opted out if given the option. Now that I've got the beauty of my Cosmic blue DX3 I couldn't imagine it any other way now. The closer I look at it, the more it really dawns on me how artistic it is!

So cool to see it done here. When I was sitting in the lot a few weeks ago I saw a white with some minimal black on it sitting outside that looked absolutely fantastic. You guys sure do it right when it comes to paint.
FOURWHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 12:39 PM   #8

We love our Lexington. We love our Lexington. We love our Lexington. I'll just keep chanting this and ignore your beautiful Dynamax line. However that blue IS darn close to our new Mazda CX-5

Phil, Heather & Olaf the Boxer
Ontario Canada
Lexington 283GTS
oldsmasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 12:52 PM   #9
I go RV'ing not Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsmasma View Post
We love our Lexington. We love our Lexington. We love our Lexington. I'll just keep chanting this and ignore your beautiful Dynamax line. However that blue IS darn close to our new Mazda CX-5
Well that is no fun. Just go for it!
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 01:13 PM   #10

Quote:
Have you ever done a "Wrap" on a RV? If so how did it compare $$$ wise to Full Body Paint? Youroo!!
Old 07-01-2016, 02:48 PM   #11
Commercial Member

We have not. But I asked our graphics guy about doing that and he thought once you factor in tooling costs...you;d be pretty darn close to full body paint price.

Old 07-01-2016, 02:58 PM   #12

I would stay away from the wrap...

This was my mini, that I had a wrap done on it.
It didn't last. If the car stayed in town, maybe. But I drove it. Bugs stained it, rocks tore it up... It looked great, but not durable in the least.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1467402996.676607.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	112772

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
Old 07-01-2016, 06:27 PM   #13

Quote:
Previous division, we shopped our paint out. So creativity and customization was really left in the hands of multiple outside shops and rarely went well. So we didn't change anything...too many things to go wrong.

At Dynamax we mix our own paint, we're able to try out different things in real time, talk to the painters directly, which is like having a little science lab.

I loved the subtle, classic paint of our Khaki Isata 3. Then we did a more traditional black/silver and I really liked that as well. A dealer, liked our Cosmic Blue DX3 and wanted it on an Isata 3 for his own use. So, of course we tried it out.

This is now my new favorite. I'll get better pictures when its done...but it looks beautiful in person. Just a little edgier than our other colors, non-traditional....which is really the heart of Dynamax.

Nice work!

Mike
2016 Force HD
Old 07-01-2016, 07:59 PM   #14

Me liken that paint job alot.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote