Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2016, 10:03 PM   #1

Ice Maker Frigidare Gallery

Been busy haven't turned on ice maker till now. Doesn't work? New $50.00 water filter, door water works, ice maker is turned on... unplugged unit with hopes of resetting. . No luck, any ideas. Electronics geez... btw.. its been over 25 hrs.. so I know its not working. Water is not entering ice maker. Air has been purged.

Thanks
Old 03-05-2016, 10:15 AM   #2

We have a similar problems with our Frigidare. However ours does work most of the time. I have been at a loss to find good parts drawings for the ice maker. My best guess now, is that "full ice tray" sensor is tripping. The problem is that I can't identify how it identifies "full". There is no physical arm as in typical ice makers. I have talked with local Frigidare dealers and they don't have a clue. I've not yet gotten to the point of calling Frigidare in anticipation of getting the run around.
I did find out that the filter change alert is determined by the number of door openings. There is a pass thru filter available from frigidare for a few dollars rather than a $50 recommend change, in our case every month. Good luck....Bob
dmax36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 01:16 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply . Believe it or not it appeared to have finally cycled two or three times. Then stopped, now its not working again. Made about a cup of ice... headed to Florida then to Alabama for a couple of months.. we'll see what happens.
Old 04-25-2016, 07:44 PM   #4

I had a similar problem and called Frigidaire who made an RV call for me. The tech saw my water filter setup and said that for some reason the ice maker won;t work with an additional outside water filter. He gave me a blank to fit into the slot for the Frig water filter and the ice make has worked fine since. I have no idea why. And I don't buy the expensive water filters any more.
StoneyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 08:06 PM   #5

Hey stoneyG mine is working fine. I think at first I was expecting too much from it. It was slow to start getting ice but once it ran a couple of days I've had no problems.

Im running filters outside and the one on the frigidare itself. Was the water in the door working with filters? Maybe water pressure to low at suppy source..
Old 04-25-2016, 08:30 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWF1945 View Post
Hey stoneyG mine is working fine. I think at first I was expecting too much from it. It was slow to start getting ice but once it ran a couple of days I've had no problems.

Im running filters outside and the one on the frigidare itself. Was the water in the door working with filters? Maybe water pressure to low at suppy source..
It was just a little more than a drip. Now its working great. DW and I drink a lot of water. The ice maker just barely makes enough for us. If we're entertaining it's not enough. I keep a bag of ice in the freezer.

Don't get me wrong. We like the frig.
StoneyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 11:06 AM   #7
Commercial Member

I'll ask around.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 05:04 PM   #8

ours has a shut off for the water in the panel under the fridge, could it be turned off?
Old 04-26-2016, 05:16 PM   #9

Purchase one of these and replace the filter and it will work great. This is the one mine required, yours might be different.

http://www.amazon.com/242294502-Bypa.../dp/B00O06XCIM
mcnabbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 07:14 PM   #10

where is the frig water filter located?
Old 04-26-2016, 07:20 PM   #11

Mine is located inside top right. Mine is also a side by side. Yours could be different. Mine is removed by pushing on the end.
mcnabbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 08:35 AM   #12
Commercial Member

Dumb question, but the Bail is down right? to make sure its activated? Not sure if all of them have the bail/arm

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote