Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2018, 07:25 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTZ470 View Post
This is what I had bought erroneously thinking the 30 Amp would Power both legs of the 50 amp when in reality you must plug the 30 amp and the 15 amp into two separate outlets/receptacles to give one a 50 Amp Service....great theory, but when a campground only has ONE 30 AMP Receptacle, your out of luck:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RV-Power-Y-....c100005.m1851

So I went to town and bought this one and it worked perfectly to give me 30 Amps across both legs/lines at 120V, now all my receptacles in the RV are powered while still running the front or rear AC alone but not both:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/ParkPowe...-301402025-_-N
Thank you,as Paul Harvey would say "Now the Rest of the Story" buy the 30 to 50 adapter! Youroo!!
Old 06-02-2018, 07:32 AM   #22

i'm glad you now have power! i learned something as i had not seen the dual 30 amp connection adapter before. depending upon your configuration and usage there is one other adapter you might consider. that is one that has a normal 15 amp male plug on one side and a rv 30 amp female receptacle on the other. with this you can plug it into an extension cord, plug your new 30 to 50 adapter in, and then your 50 amp shore power cord. we have used this configuration to keep a residential refrigerator running while we had the trailer in storage. just depends on what you see yourself doing.
Old 06-02-2018, 09:23 AM   #23

I have a Surge Guard Model 44270. I always turn the pedestal breakers off first then connect the Surge Guard to the pedestal (without connecting the coach). I then power up the outlets on the pedestal. The lights on the Surge Guard will indicate if there is a problem with the pedestal. If I have to use a 30 to 50 amp dogbone I connect that to the pedestal then the Surge Guard to it.
This way the dogbone and pedestal both get tested. If everything looks good I power down, connect the coach and power up. I have found allot of pedestals having electrical issues and doing it this way I feel has prevented me from causing any frustration or damage to the coach.
rock-rocker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mpg