Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2019, 10:31 PM   #1

Insurance Policy Renewal

I’m at $828 per year on a 2019 DX3 with an insured value of $225K through Allstate. How does this policy compare in your opinion?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2808.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	338.7 KB
ID:	205323
steverkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 06:13 AM   #2

I have progressive, I pay about $1,000, same coverage, except I have Emergency Expense, Vacation liability, personal effects replacement, total loss replacement for purchase price.
Old 05-24-2019, 07:22 AM   #3

Damn good is what I'd say. I'm at 2,000 with progressive for similar coverage
Old 05-24-2019, 07:25 AM   #4

Im sure a lot of it is where we live too. There are a lot less drivers in Northeast Ohio than Chicago, you have to pay for the other crazy people up there.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:24 AM   #5
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURWHL View Post
Damn good is what I'd say. I'm at 2,000 with progressive for similar coverage
^^high risk warning^^^ they've seen you drive

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 09:09 AM   #6

I go to great lengths to keep my risky behavior a secret thank you very much
Old 05-24-2019, 10:19 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
I have progressive, I pay about $1,000, same coverage, except I have Emergency Expense, Vacation liability, personal effects replacement, total loss replacement for purchase price.
X2, $1,013 annually for these same coverages with State Farm

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 01:04 PM   #8

We’re paying Progressive 791.00 for similar coverage to Halla except we have an Isata 3 $95000.00
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Previous coach 2017 Isata 3RW
Also,3 Diesel pushers, 1Bvan, 2 class Cs
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 01:18 PM   #9

Damn...I've got Progressive and it's a lot higher than that, AND I have a large deductible. Looks like I need to revisit this.
Old 05-24-2019, 01:30 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
I have progressive, I pay about $1,000, same coverage, except I have Emergency Expense, Vacation liability, personal effects replacement, total loss replacement for the purchase price.
Thanks, Aaron. I decided to look at the total loss replacement option based on your coverage. I found out that if I had a loss with my current coverage, even the repair payment is subject to depreciation. I got a quote to add what Allstate calls New Motor Home Expanded Protection Coverage for only $58/yr more, so I added it.

I think it's worth it now that the coach is a year old and depreciating at a rate greater than it's worth to me.
steverkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 09:29 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by steverkemp View Post
I’m at $828 per year on a 2019 DX3 with an insured value of $225K through Allstate. How does this policy compare in your opinion?

Attachment 205323
My 2017 REV with a much lower value costs $719 this year. $1,000 deductible, full tort, with 3 other vehicles and the house on same policy.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 06:31 AM   #12

Just under $1,000 here with max deductible in Florida with Progressive and Total Loss Replacement
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-05-28 at 7.30.25 AM.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	207.6 KB
ID:	205683  
Old 05-28-2019, 07:14 AM   #13

while it looks like a low cost policy for you, you really can't 'compare' with others, as insurance is regulated and priced differently in every state, even if it's the SAME exact insurance company, or even if you THINK it's the same company, though it's not really*.

Even neighbors in the same area with the same exact coach will not have the same exact price with the same exact company - it's just the 'nature' of how insurance risk protection pricing works. They may have some blemishes on their record, or don't have the years of experience you have, or don't have the same 'discounts' since their home is not with the same company, or they don't have a 'home' at all! etc etc etc... you get the idea.

*it's interesting when you look deep within the insurance industry: 'Brands' are not necessarily 'Insurance Companies', as you might believe. You may have the same 'Brand' as your neighbor, and yet their policy has a different NAMED Insurance Company, sometimes in fine print, on that same 'Brand' policy... if you don't look closely you might not realize that the insurance company is NOT really the same.

I'll give you an example:
ABC Insurance Company, Inc.
ABC Insurance Group
ABC Insurers of America
ABC Mountain Insurance Company
ABC Mountain Property and Casualty Insurance Company
American Basic Company
This is not the same ABC Insurance Company, Inc. ( pun intended!)

so, each of these 'insurance companies' are actually all SEPARATE and INDIVIDUAL insurance companies, who may issue auto, home, or RV policies, though they are all 'BRANDED' under the ABC INSURANCE name umbrella - for advertising and branding purposes.
Your neighbor has ABC Insurance Group, you have ABC Mountain Insurance Company, and both of you have two different premiums, even if you 'think' you have everything else otherwise in common. Your premiums might not be that great of a difference, or the premiums could be DRASTICALLY different. One insurer may provide REPLACEMENT COST, while the other only provides more basic 'ACTUAL CASH VALUE' coverage, just like on your normal auto policy. Some provide 'Full Time' Liability coverage, if you use your RV for your sole residence, while the other does not, and the other actually will NOT even issue an RV policy if you state that you DO use it as your sole residence.

Don't 'assume' that comparing policies and premiums between your neighbors will provide any accuracy for your own insurance needs - only compare your OWN requirements between many and various companies that you want to receive quotes from - it's the ONLY way to know. It's interesting that many don't want to go to this 'trouble', though, they just want to 'know' what everyone else is paying! Crazy.
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance