Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2018, 01:09 PM   #1

Isata 3 - Any interesting chassis/build facts ?

Hello : I'm new to the forum and am scouring the web for any and all info regarding the Isata 3.

After Googling Dynamax reviews, a review of the Dynamax 340XL came up from Truck Trend :

http://www.trucktrend.com/truck-revi...0xl-road-test/

and I was really encourage to read that Dynamax orders custom chassis from Freightliner requiring "...increased insulation in the engine compartment and firewall areas...."

I don't know about others, but, I love that Dynamax did this !

Being a musician, I love to listen to music while traveling and if the engine, road and wind noise is too loud, listening to music at comfortable volumes becomes impossible. Even talking more loudly than usual can become fatiguing on long trips.

So, my question to the Dynamax rep is, is there any increased insulation in the engine compartment, firewall, floor or chassis anywhere in the new Isata 3's ?
chaching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 03:45 PM   #2
Commercial Member

There is not, as they do not offer a package like this...nor is the Mercedes engine all that loud to being with.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 03:51 PM   #3

We are waiting for our Isata 3 to be built, but before we made the decision to go down this path we test drove a 24FW. If you did not know any better, you would think it was a gas engine standing out in front. Barely hear it inside & out.
Magnatudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 06:43 PM   #4

Same here. Very little engine noise.
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 08:12 PM   #5

Well, the you don’t see “quiet” and “motorhome” used in the same sentence very often... but I will say that our Isata 3 is by far the quietest we’ve ever owned. We love the fact we can carry on a conversation in a normal voice and not have yell to be heard! Stay away from the front engine class A’s or anything with a Ford V10 for that matter! Good strong motor, but incredibly loud! JMHO....
Greg-Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 01:38 PM   #6

I too am waiting for my Isata 3. Can anyone tell me the difference between the US and CDN chassis? Is it just a matter of miles vs. kilometres? Do the chassis come in with the changes or are the converted in the US?
Go UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 01:43 PM   #7
Commercial Member

US chassis is miles. Canadian chassis is kilometers. There are some other minor differences like daytime running lamps, some options that are standard instead of options. (like trailer wiring I think)

The big one is that the US chassis is designated for this ZONE (US) and the Canadian Chassis is designed for Canada.

As such, their manual reads that the vehicle MUST be registered in the zone that the chassis was designated for. So if a US designated chassis gets registered in Canada...typically we get a nasty letter from Mercedes that says we may be in jeopardy of losing our up-fitter status. In addition, the dealers in Canada will not work on a US designated chassis...so you effectively have no warranty. A US dealer, will not work on a US designated chassis that is registered in Canada. In fact...I'm not even sure you can register the warranty because it will not recognize the VIN.

Old 01-09-2018, 01:53 PM   #8

Thanks Brian, I guess a bit of a headache for you ordering/stocking two chassis that are the same but aren't.
Old 01-09-2018, 03:08 PM   #9
Commercial Member

That's not even the half of it...
Ford E450 (thankfully Ford is not so picky)
Promaster (US)
Promaster (Canadian)
Sprinter (US)
Sprinter (Canadian)
Ram 5500 4x2 (US)
Ram 5500 4x4 (US)
Ram 5500 4x4 (Canadian)
M2-106 28K
M2-106 33K
M2-112

So it is a little irritating...although all I can do is say sorry. When someone says "Well, I ordered my unit and the dealer said it would be here no problem by the end of September (the dealer told them this mind you, not us) so I planned a trip. The unit didn't arrive until the 2nd week in October so you need to pay for my hotels and things since I didn't have my unit in time"

So we juggle production on all of this...I'm not complaining, that's the business, but we are just small potatoes to Mercedes. We had 100 units that were supposed to land in September and we finally got them in December. So when someone asks..."How can you be so far off on your estimates?" there is just one of the many possible reasons. A few weeks difference I can absorb. Months...gets a little tougher.

Old 01-09-2018, 04:29 PM   #10

Appreciate the efforts Brian. Canada is an extremely small market with many barriers, I have been told it is the hardest country to get new cars approved for. Looking forward to getting my Isata 3 hopefully around April. The dealer up here already has my 2017 Winnebago Fuse with 10,000 km's on it as a trade in sitting on his lot. You're allowed to complain, you're not allowed to whine
Old 01-09-2018, 06:16 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg-Gabe View Post
Well, the you don’t see “quiet” and “motorhome” used in the same sentence very often... but I will say that our Isata 3 is by far the quietest we’ve ever owned. We love the fact we can carry on a conversation in a normal voice and not have yell to be heard! Stay away from the front engine class A’s or anything with a Ford V10 for that matter! Good strong motor, but incredibly loud! JMHO....
Thanks Greg !

Yes, I will +1 you on the Ford V10 Triton chassis. My in-laws had an Itasca 24' built on that chassis. It was awfully loud climbing mountains with the dreaded doghouse cover and the rear axle must have been set-up for much heaver loads because the expansion joints on highways were bone jarring.
chaching is offline   Reply With Quote