Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2018, 12:18 AM   #1

Isata 3 bathroom

I have recently been looking at the quality materials used in the shower stalls of class b's built on the sprinter chassis. The pictures from the competition are from LTV Unity and Airstream Atlas.

While I like the full wall slide from Dynamax, I am concerned that the bathroom in the Isata 3 is not benchmarked to the competition in terms of materials and fit and finish. I do acknowledge both rigs have a higher price point.

I am wondering if the bathroom and shower stall will be updated/refreshed soon for the Isata 3? I respect that the dimensions of the bathrooms will be different, but the competion seems where you would like to shower.Click image for larger version

Name:	2017_unity_mb-shower.jpeg
Views:	150
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	184067Click image for larger version

Name:	e0e07dba818d0d4ac72c4c33f64825a9.jpeg
Views:	163
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	184068
drbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 10:48 AM   #2
Commercial Member

Those are really nice. There are two issues.
1. Weight. In a B-van, less length, less space, fewer weight constraints. They would have a hard time building a 24FW...if they built that in the same size, just like us, they would need to make compromises in regards to materials to save some weight. For Instance Winnebago going to the Nautilas shower door. There is a reason they did that. Not because they cannot afford glass...they cant afford the weight.

2. There is a money factor. It would be interesting to see...if/when either of them did build a full size Class C, what the price would be? Someone here probable knows what a Unity can be bought for and compare that to a Isata 3 which is considerably larger.

I would be curious how different the price point. So how much space do you lose and how much more do you have to spend to go from an Isata 3 to a Unity?

I tell my sales guys all the time. We can't be everything to everybody. We have to pick and choose what is important to us. I think Leisure and Airstream both do a really great job. If we did everything the way that they did it...we would likely be the same price and then what makes us different?

Now, having said all of that, I have looked at 3-4 different shower options. I just haven't found anything to me that is the proper value. I have no issue spending more, as long as what I am getting is an improvement in both quality and function. I also need to be able to assemble it in multiple sizes and it has to be light weight. Almost ANYTHING, other than what we run now, would weight more. So I have to find a weight savings elsewhere.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 03:54 PM   #3

I really like the shower in our Isata 3 24FW. Plenty of room for someone like me at 6-2 and 285 lbs. I like the flexible door over a solid glass door. I call the ones in the OP pictures the space tubes which feel confining to me. Combined with the endless hot water of the Truma system, it’s a great combination.
milkman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 08:20 PM   #4

X2
Old 08-23-2018, 09:09 PM   #5

MSRP on a Unity with that bath is approx $147,000. Considerably more than a larger Isata 3.
Dr Safety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 10:06 PM   #6

Thanks Brian for the detailed reply. I understand your need to find a balance between cost and value when you try to differentiate your product. I just wish you were able to make it look more updated. Thanks for allowing me to share my humble opinion.
drbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 07:54 AM   #7
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbrian View Post
Thanks Brian for the detailed reply. I understand your need to find a balance between cost and value when you try to differentiate your product. I just wish you were able to make it look more updated. Thanks for allowing me to share my humble opinion.
No worries...and I do agree. There is a product out right now, called Sentrel. We have looked at that. It is lightweight and changes up the look. The issue was the install, when we needed an accessible shower valve...

That one is close, if we can figure out some of the logistics.

Old 08-24-2018, 08:20 AM   #8

Ooooooh I may look at this Sentrel for the rental unit in my house. Nice find!
Old 08-25-2018, 08:33 AM   #9

Sentrel looks good enough to do away with the tub/ shower , and return to the "wet " style of shower room.

The shower and tub get maybe 5 min a day of use (if that) and reduce the volume in the camper by a great deal.

I would be delighted with an extra 4 -6 sq ft of counter space in the galley and more storage cabinets and drawers.

I know it doesn't look as high end as a tub/shower , but practicality should win sometimes.
FFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 01:15 PM   #10

I just want to say in my isata 3 fw
The bathroom and shower are fine as is. Plenty of room.
Sandiegodoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 07:17 PM   #11
2020 Isata 5 30FW 4x4

I really like the shower in our Isata 3 FW. Lots of shoulder & head room. The folding curtain is easy to use and clean. The oxygenating shower head is great. No issues so far.
Spike4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 11:25 AM   #12

2017 Isata 3 FW shower door/curtain

Hello, we have the glass shower doors in our 2017 Isata 3 FW, and I have read that the curtain saves weight and provides more room in the shower. The pictures of the shower curtain I see in the newer models look nice. Does anyone know who makes this curtain and where I could purchase one?

Thanks in advance,
Eric
Eric P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 11:27 AM   #13
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric P View Post
Hello, we have the glass shower doors in our 2017 Isata 3 FW, and I have read that the curtain saves weight and provides more room in the shower. The pictures of the shower curtain I see in the newer models look nice. Does anyone know who makes this curtain and where I could purchase one?

Thanks in advance,
Eric
Made by the same people that made the glass one SEA (Shower Enclosures of America).
its called the Arcadia and can order it from any Dynamax dealer...not sure is SEA sells direct.

Old 06-30-2020, 11:32 AM   #14
Commercial Member

Interesting enough...since this thread was resurrected from 2018, we did find a new product to update the shower. I did not love that the Sentrel was "printed" and did not have tactile grout lines. This new product does...and is a higher gloss.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Shower.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	283.6 KB
ID:	232805  

Old 06-30-2020, 12:37 PM   #15

That is nice!!! Is that something that can be retrofitted into an existing coach?
Old 06-30-2020, 01:05 PM   #16
Commercial Member

Quote:
That is nice!!! Is that something that can be retrofitted into an existing coach?
Anything is possible.

Old 06-30-2020, 01:14 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman55 View Post
I really like the shower in our Isata 3 24FW. Plenty of room for someone like me at 6-2 and 285 lbs. I like the flexible door over a solid glass door. I call the ones in the OP pictures the space tubes which feel confining to me. Combined with the endless hot water of the Truma system, it’s a great combination.

I more than agree
Bethey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 01:15 PM   #18

Sorry to belabor this, but can you give me any more information on that new shower surround? Is it made from high pressure laminate panels? Where do you source them from?

Thanks.
Old 06-30-2020, 01:24 PM   #19
Commercial Member

Quote:
Sorry to belabor this, but can you give me any more information on that new shower surround? Is it made from high pressure laminate panels? Where do you source them from?

Thanks.
We get them locally...it is a multi-step process. A composite panel about 1/4" thick is laminated with a film, then they C&C route the grout lines and coat it with a high gloss finish that resists scratching. Then they custom bend it to our shower shape to prevent corner seams.

The company is G3 Solutions....You can likely find cut-to-fit panels that are more affordable at most box stores. Shipping this would not be the most cost effect as it is pre-bent.

Old 06-30-2020, 08:02 PM   #20

Just saw this thread for the first time.

Although I agree that the showers in the new Isata 3s look great, I am more than happy w the shower that came in our coach. Used it for the first time last week on our first trip out and was pleasantly surprised w/ how much I liked the shower.

At 6’5” I had several inches remaining in headroom. Loved the Truma. Loved the shower door.

Good job Dynamax...
jneum525 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bathroom, roo