Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2018, 11:59 AM   #1

Isata 3 bathroom towel bar location

Is it safer to screw a towel bar in one wall vs another wall in the bathroom? I tried 3M Command plastic hooks, but a full size towel pulls too much on the wallpaper. Not sure which wall to use, don’t want to hit anything vital.
Old 09-09-2018, 12:46 PM   #2

We put a double towel rack on the outside wall above the toilet. It's been a while, but I remember finding at least one stud with a stud finder.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_7447.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	318.2 KB
ID:	185867  
Old 09-09-2018, 02:08 PM   #3

I used the wall between the bathroom and the bedroom between the shower and the bathroom door. Seems plenty strong with just screws. We have four towels and four washcloths hanging on it and no issues.

We also put two double hooks on the inside bathroom door screwed into the wood.
Old 09-10-2018, 08:37 AM   #4
Commercial Member

if you don't hit anything, just make sure you use 1/4" paneling anchors or hollow core door anchors.

I'm a hook fan myself.
Folding a towel to put on a bar?..."ain't no body got time fo dat"

Plus it distributes the weight..

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 11:21 AM   #5

Thanks everyone. I like chroniekon’s towel bar. That area over the toilet is perfect. We finally got to use our Isata for a week trip in the boonies. Came back with a list of changes we wanted to make.
Old 09-10-2018, 12:13 PM   #6

We bought racks that hang over door. No damage nothing to worry about
Susanmcnabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 12:58 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by chroniekon View Post
We put a double towel rack on the outside wall above the toilet. It's been a while, but I remember finding at least one stud with a stud finder.
Thats exactly where mine is, "Great Minds".
USN-RET/DOD-RET
mlmay12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 03:41 PM   #8

We have done towel bars on both the doors and walls. One thing to watch out for is that some screws are too long and you don't want to go through the siding on the outside if you are on an outside wall. You can usually see how thick your wall is by looking inside a utility area where they have bored through to the outside for hose connections, video wires, etc. Since you have a sandwich, other than the 1/8 face panel and the fiber glass exterior panel, the inside of the wall is mostly a foam panel that has no screw strength so, if you can find at least one stud and use screws with heavy threads, or very short wall/hollow-door anchors, you should be OK. Most of the time, about 3/4 inch screws are plenty. If you don't over tighten them, our screws (basically sheet metal screws) have held very well without the anchors. I usually do pre-drill the holes just through the top panel so the panel material doesn't split on the back side. You can always put the anchor in if the screw doesn't hold by itself, since it requires a bigger hole. But, do watch that you don't poke through that outside wall!
ProfChuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bathroom, cat, location, roo