Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2017, 08:17 AM   #1

Isata 3 F slide not working

Hello,
We have an issue with our slide not working. I'm hoping it is something stupid I am doing wrong. Bought it last fall, took one road trip of two weeks 5k miles, then put it in storage. We are in the process of moving, so my wife drove it to its new home this past week. When we put it in the new garage, I tried to open up the slide to see if it would fit as we planned. But the slide switch is flashing one green and one red and will not operate. I tried looking in the manual and online, but have not found a solution.
From the manual, it looks like I have to reprogram all the stops? I don't know how this would have changed.
Wondering if anyone else has seen this problem?
Thanks
mlyamkaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 08:53 AM   #2

I don't have your rig but my first inclination would be to check my batteries and ensure they are charged up. try plugging in the rig into shore power.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 02:20 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply. I tried that, and also tried it with the engine running. No luck with either. Parking brake was on.
Old 05-29-2017, 04:07 PM   #4

Here is a link to the manual for the slide mechanism. Interpreting the diagnostic lights begins on page 8. You count how many red flashes and how many green flashes to diagnose the issue.

https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...ice_Manual.pdf
milkman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 07:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman55 View Post
Here is a link to the manual for the slide mechanism. Interpreting the diagnostic lights begins on page 8. You count how many red flashes and how many green flashes to diagnose the issue.

https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...ice_Manual.pdf
Thanks
Tried that too. For my problem, it said I had to reprogram the limits? I had one green flash, one red flash. I'm not sure how involved that one is, was hoping someone on here would have some advice. I'm not sure how anything would have changed, as we took it on its maiden voyage, then put it in storage for 7 months.
It is actually back in storage, as we are in the process of moving. Guess I might have to find a dealer if I can't figure it out.
Thanks again for the response.
Old 05-30-2017, 09:09 AM   #6
Commercial Member

You can call Lippert or look through the manual to re-program the stops.

Funny (or not funny), I just had this conversation with someone else here. Lippert says the brains don't need power because they retain the stop information without power...but yet, here we are with a unit that seems to have lost the stop data.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 09:18 AM   #7

Funny (or not funny), I just had this conversation with someone else here. Lippert says the brains don't need power because they retain the stop information without power...but yet, here we are with a unit that seems to have lost the stop data.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure the design engineer that designed the system truly believed that, but real life has a way of proving them wrong.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 09:21 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
You can call Lippert or look through the manual to re-program the stops.

Funny (or not funny), I just had this conversation with someone else here. Lippert says the brains don't need power because they retain the stop information without power...but yet, here we are with a unit that seems to have lost the stop data.
I will try that when I get back to where the MH is next week. I assume it is a simple process? I would rather do this myself if I can, but this should also be a warranty item if I took it in, I would think?
I never disconnected the batteries for the coach, but did use the disconnect feature many times, and of course over the winter. I also disconnected the van battery over the winter.
Old 05-30-2017, 02:32 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlyamkaw View Post
hello,
we have an issue with our slide not working. I'm hoping it is something stupid i am doing wrong. Bought it last fall, took one road trip of two weeks 5k miles, then put it in storage. We are in the process of moving, so my wife drove it to its new home this past week. When we put it in the new garage, i tried to open up the slide to see if it would fit as we planned. But the slide switch is flashing one green and one red and will not operate. I tried looking in the manual and online, but have not found a solution.
From the manual, it looks like i have to reprogram all the stops? I don't know how this would have changed.
Wondering if anyone else has seen this problem?
Thanks
this happen to my 2017 isata 3 after two times of using, both slides stopped working. I was told by dealer that it lost its memory , not what the code said, lipperet said that does not happen, but it did, and more than likely it will happen .again
oldwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 09:25 AM   #10

My 2017 Isata 3 24FW is the shop right now for the same thing. 4000 miles and the slide just stopped working. In my case there were no lights flashing and it appears that the rear motor is inop. The slide would try to go out about an inch, bind up and stop. Reprogramming requires pulling the wall switch. There are buttons on the back that correspond to the motors that have to be reprogrammed if that is the problem. Pertinent information is in the manual available online. The slide is a Slimrack by Lippert.
V8vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 09:48 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8vic View Post
My 2017 Isata 3 24FW is the shop right now for the same thing. 4000 miles and the slide just stopped working. In my case there were no lights flashing and it appears that the rear motor is inop. The slide would try to go out about an inch, bind up and stop. Reprogramming requires pulling the wall switch. There are buttons on the back that correspond to the motors that have to be reprogrammed if that is the problem. Pertinent information is in the manual available online. The slide is a Slimrack by Lippert.
Looks like it is more common than I thought. Guess I better learn how to do it myself

Tags
slide