Old 06-26-2017, 10:23 PM   #1

Isata 3 - Few Questions

I'm looking at downsizing and am considering an Isata 3 RW. I've found lots of good information on this forum (thanks all!), but still have a few questions --
1) What are the dimensions of the RW shower? It seems a bit on the small side. Please feel free to comment on whether it works for you.
2) I'm in the process of relocating. I plan to purchase a unit in Texas and then immediately move it to northern Nevada. The nearest Dynamax dealer is 2-3 hours away in California. Will the non-selling Dynamax dealers work on any warranty issues or am I expected to return to the selling dealer? If it's a Mercedes issue, will warranty issues be handled by any Mercedes dealer?
3) Does the coach come with an undercoating (rust protection) or is it something that can be added by the dealer?
4) What is the weight capacity for the cab-over bunk? And how much headroom is there (bunk to roof)?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Carol

CSK0003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 05:54 AM   #2

"If it's a Mercedes issue, will warranty issues be handled by any Mercedes dealer?"

Any SPRINTER MB dealer that is willing to work on Motor homes.

Many claim to not be able to lift the vehicle.

Most folks prefer the Freightliner truck repair places that handle Sprinters.

They do MB warranty work and most normal service is WAY! cheaper than MB.

FFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 08:36 AM   #3
Commercial Member

1. The shower is 24" x 24" with a soft shower curtain to give you more shoulder room and makes it so you can actually spin around in the shower without feeling too cramped.

2. Any Mercedes sprinter service station or truck service station that handles sprinters should be able to do any warranty work on the chassis.

3. There is no rust protection that we do here. That would be a better question for your dealer.

4. We don't have actual measurement that I'm aware of, but it is reinforced and engineered to support the weight of a couple adults. It is about 23" from the bunk mat to the ceiling.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
zgipson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 08:44 AM   #4

There are many posts about dealers refusing to do warranty work - especially if you did not buy from them. So even if you are willing to drive the 2-3 hours to a Dynamax dealer, they may not do the work (unless Dynamax has a different contract with their dealers than the other FR brands).

I'm curious why the Dynamax rep didn't answer this specific question.

The cargo carry capacity (CCC) is very limited on any of the MBS chassis. It appears to be even more so on the Isata 3 reportedly due to higher quality (read heavier) components used by Dynamax vs. other divisions. Unless you are willing to be overweight or only pack a sandwich and bathing suit, ask a lot of questions about the "as optioned" cargo capacity. Unfortunately, this is an issue that has surprised several of us MBS buyers, as we didn't know to ask. Of course, FR and the dealers don't want to point out any possible negatives.
KatanaPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 10:10 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatanaPilot View Post
There are many posts about dealers refusing to do warranty work - especially if you did not buy from them.....The cargo carry capacity (CCC) is very limited on any of the MBS chassis. It appears to be even more so on the Isata 3 reportedly due to higher quality (read heavier) components used by Dynamax....Unfortunately, this is an issue that has surprised several of us MBS buyers, as we didn't know to ask.
Thanks k-pilot. You echoed our concerns before we order a MB Sprinter. I hope the manufacturer we choose can give us a fairly accurate estimate on what the weight of the vehicle and OCCC are going to be.

Dave
caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 12:30 PM   #6
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caswelld View Post
Thanks k-pilot. You echoed our concerns before we order a MB Sprinter. I hope the manufacturer we choose can give us a fairly accurate estimate on what the weight of the vehicle and OCCC are going to be.

Dave
I think with what we've talked about in the past Dave (keeping some of the options lighter i.e. without the cab over bunk and adding aluminum wheels and utilizing the Bullseye levelers if they are compatible) will make ours the superior coach.

We do not have weights on each individual option and we don't like to guess because Murphy's comes to bite us all in the butt.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Old 06-27-2017, 02:06 PM   #7

Thanks Zac, we really like what we see.

I'm sure that you have records of recent Isata 3 24FWs with various options and the resulting weights. That should give us an idea of what we want to order. If Bullseye Levelers comes through this fall, I think everything will work out.

The only options beyond the standard equipment that we want is the satellite antenna & levelers. Hoping that gives us a usable OCCC

Dave
caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 02:12 PM   #8
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caswelld View Post
Thanks Zac, we really like what we see.

I'm sure that you have records of recent Isata 3 24FWs with various options and the resulting weights. That should give us an idea of what we want to order. If Bullseye Levelers comes through this fall, I think everything will work out.

The only options beyond the standard equipment that we want is the satellite antenna & levelers. Hoping that gives us a usable OCCC

Dave
I'm curious to see what they have to say too. Either way, should be worth the wait!
Old 06-28-2017, 11:41 AM   #9

Thanks everyone - this helps.
CSK0003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 06:26 AM   #10

I know its a slight PIA , but a wood block or two under a wheel is far lighter and less to maintain than a built on leveling setup.

On level ground we use our full wall slide with the rear jacks up and do not find a difference moving about inside..

FFred is offline   Reply With Quote