Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2017, 03:04 PM   #1

Question Isata 3 FW - Anyone removed their Bathroom Door?

Curious if anyone has removed their bathroom door on the Isata 3 FW? The height of the door handle is perfect to hook my belt loop about 50% of the time. Also, door only opens about 40% before it hits the bed making it feel very cramped. With just my wife and I using the RV seems like a good idea to remove the door?

Anyone does this yet? How did it work out? Is it hard to remove?

Thanks in advance for your response.
jnlegran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 05:13 PM   #2

I have had my 3FW about 2 months now and the bathroom latch is definitely on my upgrade list. I am going to change out the lever for a ball so it won't thread my belt loop every time I go out the door.

I don't think we could remove the door due to privacy concerns as we have guests from time to time.

I would suggest the factory consider a round ball knob over the lever.
milkman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 06:25 PM   #3

I thought I was the only one that was the right height and diameter to catch belt loops. I don't think I will remove the door, but I was thinking of removing the privacy curtain to gain a couple of inches.
chroniekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 06:26 PM   #4

I think the factory now uses a round knob. I hate that lever knob. I think it is a standard door knob so I will replace it after our trip.... or during it if I pull it off with my belt loop. Hard to imagine the workers at the factory don't swear at that knob as often as I do.
i know that our bathroom gets really hot when the sun hits that area; having the door there seems to keep the rest of the RV cooler, especially when AC can't be run due to lack of 30 amp service. And we shut the door with the bathroom fan running after a shower; effectively vents the moisture out. But the access is tight; just another prompt for me to leave the table sooner.
RolandRevenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 07:33 AM   #5

Turning the lever 90deg might keep it from catching the belt loop.

The levers are considered "kinder" for old folks to operate.
FFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 06:23 PM   #6

I removed the bathroom bifold door in our adventurer 23ft. terribly cramped to get in past the door, to close the door etc. It was not hard to remove at all, take the bottom and top brackets off and it should come out easily. I replaced it with an accordion door from Home Depot. Putting in accordion door was a bit of a challenge but not that bad. I have been accused of being a handyman type but with basic tools not too hard a job. What a difference, lots more room easy to just slide back and forth,
cariboo camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 07:49 AM   #7
Commercial Member

I love lever handles...I got that from designing ADA bathrooms back in the day.

One retail sent us some pictures of "mattress surgery". He opened up the mattress, cut a corner off the mattress and sewed it back up.

I didn't want to cut any corner and take away from the mattress. The door is a little tight, but I go in sideways.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 01:32 PM   #8

We have a Crusader Lite 5th wheel that the bathroom door opened into the narrow hall. If coming from the bedroom you could not enter the bathroom unless you first went down the steps at halls end, then opened the bathroom door. I removed the door by removing the screws holding the door hinges to the wall stud. I reinstalled the screws so not to lose them. Wife and I do not miss the door and may soon remove the bedroom door because with only the two of us it serves no purpose.
Walholler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 08:40 PM   #9

If it's a problem, remove the door and put up a curtain for privacy.
Camping
2017- 27 days,2018- 100 days, 2019- 35 days
RitaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 02:25 PM   #10

Door and door stop removed - will use the sliding curtain if privacy is needed. Will report back after the week LONG road trip.
jnlegran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 07:15 AM   #11

I wanted to remove the bathroom door in our Sunseeker 2500TS,,, but DW did not like the idea,,, I am not sure why,,, the only time it is closed is when we are on the road,,, the rest of the time it is bunged open !!! My opinion it is in the way !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 02:41 PM   #12

jnlegran. Thanks for the post as when we first looked at the Isata 3 I told my DW that the first thing I was going to do was take the bathroom door off she said no way. I am the boss unless she says otherwise LOL so the the door is still there we have had are Isata 3 FW since Feb Love it!
after reading your post I ask the DW if I could remove the door she said NO! after she said you will probably remove it anyway so I took that as go ahead and remove the door which I did yesterday super easy 4 screws for hinges 1 for the door stop after removing the door I asked DW to come out the coach to put the clean towels back in the coach from last weeks trip to Yosemite she proceeded to do so walked into the bathroom twice then put extras under the bed did not say a word about missing bathroom door by the way she is usually very observant LOL after we were finished she looked back at the door opening and said you took the door off and we started laughing she said it was much easier going in and out! so for now the door is staying off
Thanks again for this post
yojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 03:43 PM   #13

This is a product from Camping world that fits the bathroom skylight to keep light and heat out of bathroom works great DW is happy with door being removed Solar Entry Door Window Cover, 24" x 16"
Catalog Item # 69145https://images4.campingworld.com/CampingWorld/images/products/6000/115x115/69145n-cover.jpg
yojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 06:44 PM   #14
Bigwave

HaHaHa I thought that I was the only one hooking my belt loop on the door knob
bigwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 07:31 AM   #15

I just wish I would have removed the door 3 years ago !!!
We are not small people,,, and the extra room is GREAT !!!
Old 10-22-2017, 04:28 PM   #16

We like the door but not the knob. One of the best aggravation reducers I have done is to replace the knob with a round one. I am all for accessible handles, but when the opening is so restricted it seems less than logical to have a lever knob. It was great to 'glide' by the knob this past weekend, our last outing of the year. I might remove the privacy shade next year; that would act to widen the access to the bathroom. I did see on this forum, after replacing the knob, that I should have used a non-locking knob, for safety reasons. I hope to disable the locking mechanism. But my belt loops appreciate the new knob.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170925_111104717.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	221.0 KB
ID:	154736  
RolandRevenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 07:31 AM   #17

DW still won't admit it is better without the door that we never used !!!
The walk way feels like it is a foot wider !!!

Tags
bathroom, door, roo