Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2019, 07:44 PM   #1

Isata 3 FW Bed Issues

The DW has had it with the slide out bed. Last year we added a 3” memory foam topper, but that did not prevent the two of us from ending up in a valley in the middle of the bed each night. We then tried a Latex topper with the same results. Finally we tried an air bed with a memory foam topper and that didn’t work either. No valley, but too firm! It seems like the only solution is to start from scratch and make a new custom folding bed with more supportive foam and then add a topper as necessary. The 7” thick section of the existing bed just doesn’t get the job done. Other than replacing the bed, has anyone found a solution to this problem that has actually worked?
Barch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 11:02 PM   #2

I've tried a few things. The idea being to keep the 'hinge' area between the two mattress halves from opening up. There is a thread on here somewhere with some different ideas on how to accomplish that, everything from a large set of suspenders to straps as I recall. I added a couple of brackets to keep the mattress tight up against the wall at the head of the bed (window end). They are hinged and fold away when not in use. It is a lot better than it was. I'll be interested to see what others have come up with as it still seems like a fair amount of sinking down in is still going on. I was actually about to order a topper to firm things up, but that to me sounds like it would make it even softer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6825.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	299.8 KB
ID:	206878   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6826.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	323.3 KB
ID:	206879   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6827.jpg
Views:	64