Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-30-2018, 02:01 PM   #1

Isata 3 FW - Glue all over bedroom slide walls

I finally got around to removing the folding FW slide mattress in my new ISATA 3. There appears to be dried glue smeared all over the rear and side walls of the slide out. Looks like a very sloppy installation of the plywood and felt on which the bed rests. Another example of poor QC at the factory. Any ideas on how I might remove the dried glue or whatever it is? Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3192.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	339.7 KB
ID:	187827  
Barch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 12:02 AM   #2

I have no answer for you, but would be pi$$ed myself. That's not right. Have you contacted your dealer? If they are no help then maybe Brian can get the ball rolling from his end.
dmatt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 12:29 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmatt13 View Post
I have no answer for you, but would be pi$$ed myself. That's not right. Have you contacted your dealer? If they are no help then maybe Brian can get the ball rolling from his end.
I am not pissed. Just disappointed. I really like my ISATA 3, but whoever completed the installation of the bed did not care much about the quality of his or her work. I was hoping someone else may have had the same issue and/or knows how to remove the mastic. My dealer is 2,600 miles a way so probably is not going to be much help.
Old 10-02-2018, 07:40 AM   #4

Probably spray adhesive for the felt. Goo gone? Maybe mineral spirits, but I would test a small spot to make sure it doesnt effect color.
Old 10-02-2018, 08:03 AM   #5
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
Probably spray adhesive for the felt. Goo gone? Maybe mineral spirits, but I would test a small spot to make sure it doesnt effect color.
I would second that. And I'm not sure why someone should be pissed. If it was spray glue, it is clear when it goes on. I doubt anyone would have seen it, myself included until it got rubbed by the cab mat and got a little dust/dirt to collect on it. That would have been after everything went in and sat for a while.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 12:40 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I would second that. And I'm not sure why someone should be pissed. If it was spray glue, it is clear when it goes on. I doubt anyone would have seen it, myself included until it got rubbed by the cab mat and got a little dust/dirt to collect on it. That would have been after everything went in and sat for a while.
That makes sense and explains how it may have been missed at the time of installation. I'll get to work and see what I can do. Thanks for the replies and the advice.
Old 10-02-2018, 03:30 PM   #7

Quote:
Sorry guys, didn't mean to make this about me! Guess it was looking at the pic on my phone and not seeing exactly what it was, thought it was something worse......my bad
dmatt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 06:42 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmatt13 View Post
Sorry guys, didn't mean to make this about me! Guess it was looking at the pic on my phone and not seeing exactly what it was, thought it was something worse......my bad
No worries. To be honest, I was a little pi$$ed. Hopefully I can find something that will get it off.
Old 10-02-2018, 07:11 PM   #9

I know mineral spirits will do it, just test a spot. I used it on a few spots on my wall covering, no issues. Wash it off with water after. Spray adhesive does not put up much of a fight. Good luck
Old 10-03-2018, 05:24 AM   #10

From Tom in Ohio DW

Quote:

Speaking from a "crafter's" point of view, this is an example of the person installing being extra cautious in a "high stress" area...a little extra glue applied near the edges so that it does not have a chance of peel back. However, beyond that person's control is the fabric's propensity to saturate. Not all fabrics absorb the same or in equal amounts across the fabric panel. That being said...mineral spirits will clean it right up. But don't get excessive as you could risk loosening the fabric from the panel.

Tags
bed, bedroom slide, roo, slide