Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2017, 08:36 AM   #1

Isata 3 FW OCCC and getting warranty work done

It’s great to see a company representative respond on a forum. We’re looking at down-sizing and really like the Isata 3 FW, particularly the large slide. We’ll get to see one as we pass through Columbus, OH next week. However, we have 2 concerns, OCCC and service.

A useable OCCC for us needs to be at least 1200 LBS. We don’t need an over-cab bed, but do need levelers, Sat antenna for Directv, LP generator, and would like if possible to have the collision avoidance system. Is this possible with the Isata 3 FW?

Regarding service, I read of a Dynamax owner going from dealer to dealer and having problems getting someone to do warranty work. It seems that only the sales dealership was interested in helping. Is that what I can expect?

We plan on ordering our down-sized MH in a couple of months and will have to travel a considerable distance to the nearest dealer. Also, is a factory pick-up possible?

Thanks for the info.

Dave
caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 12:02 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Thanks for reaching out.
1. Getting a CCC of 1200lbs is going to be tough for ANY mfg on the sprinter with 4 point levelers. If you can get by with no cabover, and just the 2 point system you can get pretty close. Collision avoidance with the Mobile-Eye system is possible as a special order...but not the OEM version from Mercedes. We just don't bring any in that way.

2. We require all new dealers to check off that they will service transient customers and/or customers that did not buy from them. What we see in most cases is that a dealer will service the coach, but people do not like the time frame given. Problem is, in the heart of the season, every dealer, even the selling dealer doesn't have good lead times for service.

3. We do not offer factory delivery at this time. If I get to a point where I have enough service personnel, I would consider this for an extra charge. I guess Corvette offers that service.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 11:40 PM   #3

Newmar offers factory pickup. I have read in a Newmar forum that it can cost $5,000 to $7,000 for that perk.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 06:39 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Thanks for reaching out.
1. Getting a CCC of 1200lbs is going to be tough for ANY mfg on the sprinter with 4 point levelers
I think I may be stumbling on the the terms here. In the 1200 LBS you mentioned here does driver & passenger weight come out of your CCC?

Yesterday I looked at a Wayfarer 2 slide, with over cab bunk that had 308 LBS listed for driver & passenger under the vehicle weight and a CCC of 854 LBS. That would be 1162 LBS under the new OCCC.

If the Isata 3 FW has similar weights, that would work for us.

Which weighs more, the 2 slide model or the single large slide model?

Thanks.

Dave
Old 06-03-2017, 07:51 AM   #5

Levelers are a must have for us, but some are very heavy.

Bullseye levelers weigh in at just 142 LBS according to the company representative.

Has Dynamax consider them?
Old 06-04-2017, 02:57 PM   #6
Commercial Member

No, but we can.

Old 08-07-2017, 02:56 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Met with them on an electric system, steel. That would save weight. As well as down the road an all aluminum system that would clock in at 100lbs. A lot of work to do yet as they have to design a mounting system and find suppliers to get what they need. We told them we would use them once they get it figured out.

Old 08-08-2017, 07:59 AM   #8

Factory Pick Up

For a Winnebago Navion it costs about $760 more for factory pick up. If enough customers wanted that, it could pay for a couple of RV techs.

I would consider the extra cost because any PDI issues could all be handled on the spot and if you hadn't, you can tour the factory. My wife & I thoroughly enjoyed our tour in June. Nice job Zac!

One other thought: The best new owner check out I had on my motor home was a DVD that Tiffin had made. It was very detailed and answered those questions I had forgotten to ask.

Dave
Old 08-08-2017, 08:58 AM   #9
Commercial Member

Dynamax used to do factory pick ups for a fee and it is on the agenda to bring back. We just don't have the space right now.

Also working on a hire for more "how to" and troubleshooting videos. Too many customers forget what they learn 5 minutes after learning it and too many dealers showing coaches they don't understand.

Old 08-09-2017, 08:27 AM   #10

That's a great idea.

No matter how long the PDI, a time with such excitement is going to have some (a lot?) loss of retention. After the fact videos / docs would be a great resource. Make sure they can sketch as good as you!
Old 08-09-2017, 09:22 AM   #11

I agree
I take responsibly for not pushing the PDI on my Isata 4
I got limited info but was to busy trying to pack in and out
That said
A factory delivery option would be great plus some additional videos
kentuckianjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:41 AM   #12

Dynamax has an untapped resource with its customers. I am sure there are some here that could make informative YouTube videos.

With decent sound and steady camera work.

Videos should be short and to the point.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 11:25 AM   #13

The videos I make usually involve me breaking stuff.... not fixing it
Old 08-10-2017, 05:02 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURWHL View Post
The videos I make usually involve me breaking stuff.... not fixing it
See now, I'd pay extra for an option to watch *those* videos, too! Misery loves company, after all!

Tags
warranty