Old 06-21-2017, 11:54 AM   #11
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caswelld View Post
So, what kind of weight are we looking at for an FW as described in post #7?
To be honest it is hard to say. I don't have enough experience with weights to make a judgment call like that. I don't want to take a stab by saying a number then be off and upset any of our customers.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
zgipson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 12:03 PM   #12

Thanks Zac, I understand. But before we place our order we'll need to have a pretty good idea on what it's going to weigh.

The only other MB we are considering is the Navion 24G. My wife & I both prefer the Isata 3 24FW and importantly, management involvement with customer concerns and obvious commitment to quality.

But the first buy/don't decision choice is a usable weight.

caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:42 PM   #13

I weighed my Isata 3 two weeks ago. It's a late 2017. I have 4 point levelers, solar panels,aluminum wheels, full body paint and the regular dinette set. No cab over. The wife and I and a Golden Retriever (about 450 lbs) and all our stuff (food, clothes,a small tool kit, some fire wood, water hose, electrical cord, chairs,photography gear, etc) fuel tank 1/2 full, propane was 3/4 full, all holding tanks empty. 10,900
Old 06-21-2017, 02:13 PM   #14

Thanks chroniekon, that's encouraging to hear.
Old 06-21-2017, 06:57 PM   #15
GM

Standard cab, 2 point levelers were up over 950lbs ccc. The 4 point levelers reduce that by about 190. We have talked to Bullseye about an electric system but that is very, very early in discussions.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 11:50 AM   #16
Dahagen

Many states, like my state of Idaho, leave scales on and readouts lit when closed. Just drive in, stop with axle(s) on scale, and read weight. My unit is a Coachman 32-foot motorhome with CCC of nearly 3000 pounds. When I leave Idaho for Arizona for 6 months I usually am only 200 pounds under the limit.
Old 06-26-2017, 12:19 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Standard cab, 2 point levelers were up over 950lbs ccc. The 4 point levelers reduce that by about 190. We have talked to Bullseye about an electric system but that is very, very early in discussions.
Sure hope the light-weight Bullseye Leveler System pans out. I communicated with Allan & he said they have some testing to do before they can make a commitment to manufacturing the aluminum levelers.

Dave