Old 06-21-2017, 12:54 PM   #11
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caswelld View Post
So, what kind of weight are we looking at for an FW as described in post #7?
To be honest it is hard to say. I don't have enough experience with weights to make a judgment call like that. I don't want to take a stab by saying a number then be off and upset any of our customers.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
zgipson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:03 PM   #12

Thanks Zac, I understand. But before we place our order we'll need to have a pretty good idea on what it's going to weigh.

The only other MB we are considering is the Navion 24G. My wife & I both prefer the Isata 3 24FW and importantly, management involvement with customer concerns and obvious commitment to quality.

But the first buy/don't decision choice is a usable weight.

caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 02:42 PM   #13

I weighed my Isata 3 two weeks ago. It's a late 2017. I have 4 point levelers, solar panels,aluminum wheels, full body paint and the regular dinette set. No cab over. The wife and I and a Golden Retriever (about 450 lbs) and all our stuff (food, clothes,a small tool kit, some fire wood, water hose, electrical cord, chairs,photography gear, etc) fuel tank 1/2 full, propane was 3/4 full, all holding tanks empty. 10,900
chroniekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 03:13 PM   #14

Thanks chroniekon, that's encouraging to hear.
Old 06-21-2017, 07:57 PM   #15
GM

Standard cab, 2 point levelers were up over 950lbs ccc. The 4 point levelers reduce that by about 190. We have talked to Bullseye about an electric system but that is very, very early in discussions.
Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 12:50 PM   #16
Dahagen

Many states, like my state of Idaho, leave scales on and readouts lit when closed. Just drive in, stop with axle(s) on scale, and read weight. My unit is a Coachman 32-foot motorhome with CCC of nearly 3000 pounds. When I leave Idaho for Arizona for 6 months I usually am only 200 pounds under the limit.
dahagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 01:19 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Standard cab, 2 point levelers were up over 950lbs ccc. The 4 point levelers reduce that by about 190. We have talked to Bullseye about an electric system but that is very, very early in discussions.
Sure hope the light-weight Bullseye Leveler System pans out. I communicated with Allan & he said they have some testing to do before they can make a commitment to manufacturing the aluminum levelers.

Dave
Old 10-22-2018, 10:08 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but we are considering an Isata 3 to replace our current Transit-based coach and are concerned about weight on these Sprinter chassis. Two questions:

1. How much incremental weight does the cabover bunk option add over the standard cab? If the weight savings is not significant, we'd prefer the cabover.

2. We boondock fairly frequently but will have to travel with minimal water in the fresh tank to maximize cargo carrying capability. Many of the places we boondock do not give us access to pressurized water. Usually solar pumps. Not a huge problem for our current coach because we can transfer fresh water from a container via a gravity feed. But the Isata 3 has none. How do you transfer water to the fresh tank from containers when this coach has no gravity feed? I recognize that you can use the Anderson valve in winterize mode to draw water directly from the containers but I'd like to be able to transfer at least some fresh water to the tank if possible. And I haven't managed to find a decent hand transfer pump that would appear suitable for boondocking (i.e, certified safe for drinking water (drill adapters are not), small, doesn't require electrical/12V power).

Thanks in advance for your help.
JEB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 11:44 AM   #19

We have put 8,000 miles on our 2018 24FW and are thankful we went with the levelling jacks. My wife and I are fairly new to RVing, we have always packed light where ever we have traveled. I feel like I am missing something because we are no where near 500 lbs of stuff.
Go UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 12:17 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEB1 View Post
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but we are considering an Isata 3 to replace our current Transit-based coach and are concerned about weight on these Sprinter chassis. Two questions:

1. How much incremental weight does the cabover bunk option add over the standard cab? If the weight savings is not significant, we'd prefer the cabover.

2. We boondock fairly frequently but will have to travel with minimal water in the fresh tank to maximize cargo carrying capability. Many of the places we boondock do not give us access to pressurized water. Usually solar pumps. Not a huge problem for our current coach because we can transfer fresh water from a container via a gravity feed. But the Isata 3 has none. How do you transfer water to the fresh tank from containers when this coach has no gravity feed? I recognize that you can use the Anderson valve in winterize mode to draw water directly from the containers but I'd like to be able to transfer at least some fresh water to the tank if possible. And I haven't managed to find a decent hand transfer pump that would appear suitable for boondocking (i.e, certified safe for drinking water (drill adapters are not), small, doesn't require electrical/12V power).

Thanks in advance for your help.
1. From prior discussions I think the cabover adds 150 -200 lbs.

2. The freshwater intake has a one-way check valve just inside where the hose connects. My dealer showed me that if you remove that check valve with a needle nose, you can run water into your coach without pressure. He showed me this as an aid to winterizing if I had trouble getting the antifreeze started. So it seems you could remove the check valve, set the Anderson Valve to fresh water tank and fill with gravity feed. I have not tried this so others will need to verify. Others have added a direct gravity feed to their fresh water tank.

FYI. Before buying my Coach, I drove myself crazy worrying about the CCC of the ISATA 3. My CCC came in around 840 lbs W/O cabover. I have the sofa bed which also reduces weight and gives you a full double bed. I am very happy with the handling and I have run with the water tank full.