Old 06-20-2017, 11:34 AM   #1

Isata 3 FW OCCC - WOW!

We looked at an Isata 3 FW and loved it. Then we decided to drive several hrs out of the way to tour the Dynamax plant. Zac did a great job, really knowledgeable. If you can get there, the tour is really worth the time

But the OCCC on the unit at the dealer was kinda scary 243 KG or 535 LBS was listed on the yellow sicker at the door. It did have the solar panel option [ss-1209-2] and I don't know what that weighs.

For dry camping with a full water tank, 2 people & a dog, that leaves room for little more than a few sandwiches

Are all the Isata 3s going to be that heavy?

Dave
Attached Images

caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 01:55 PM   #2

Mine is 296kg plus 132kg water for 428kg or 943 lbs. I can't read the options on the sticker in your post, but suspect it has the 4 pt levelers which adds some weight.

We generally can get water wherever we are going so I don't haul fresh water. We can live with 943 lbs for just the two of us and our dog. I think these are well suited for a couple, but not much beyond that. We are enjoying ours on the first three camping trips we have taken since we picked up our RV in May.

milkman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 02:08 PM   #3

Thanks milkman. My wife & I love the Isata 3FW floor plan & the Dynamax quality.

Good point on the water. Except for dry camping the fresh water will likely have less than 10 gals most of the time.

Sorry about the MSRP sheet, thought we could expand it. The only option was the solar panels. No levelers.

The yellow OCCC sticker on this FW says: "Cargo carrying capcaity: 243KG Calculated with the fresh water tanks full...132KG" So it looks like less than 535 lLBS when the water tanks are full, like when you go dry camping.
Old 06-20-2017, 02:33 PM   #4
Commercial Member

caswelld, good to see on the forums after the tour. I can't make out the sticker, but this coach would have had to been fully loaded. Most customers (and dealers) like to check every option box they can, at the cost of CCC. Those options can be heavy and you trade CCC for them. Especially with the quality of our builds, they can have a little more heft than most.

One example would be our roof. It is an aluminum trussed structure with fiberglass insulation and foil-lined a/c ducts. Most of our competitors use a foam core roof structure which has a history of spitting out the foam with using the a/c. So there is a cost to the quality of our builds. If you need a little more CCC, you can always leave off the cab over bunk and levelers which can save a few hundred pounds. Also using your jeep if flat towing(should be about 4200lbs) to help haul some of your goods is a way to avoid overloading your Isata 3.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
zgipson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:06 PM   #5

Zac, what is the most OCCC on a 2017 or 2018 Isata 3 FW that you have seen?

I talked to Alan Brink at Bullseye Leveling and he said they are working on aluminum levelers that will weigh in at 100 LBS.
Old 06-21-2017, 07:44 AM   #6
Commercial Member

It depends on how the coach is optioned out, but to be honest I am not sure what the highest is. I do know that without the levelers or the cab-over bunk, you save a few hundred pounds.

As long as those are a clamp-on system. The MBS warranty will be voided if the chasses is cut, welded to, or manipulated in any way post production.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Old 06-21-2017, 11:23 AM   #7

Zac,

Thanks again for the great tour! Thanks for all the information.

We are looking at down-sizing early next year and will likely order a 2019 MB motor home as soon as we can. The only options we want to add to the standard Isata 3 24FW are the satellite antenna, levelers and the sofa IPO the dinette. We do not want the over-cab bed. If the Bullseye aluminum 100 pound levelers really play out, swapping the Bullseye for the standard power rear stabilizer jacks could be close to a wash regarding weight. I think Brian is talking to Bullseye. That could make the difference.

A use-able OCCC with those options would have to be close to 900 LBS. Reducing the fresh water carried by 200 LBS would boost the remaining OCCC to a comfortable number where we're not always worried about weight. When you subtract 375 LBS for 2 people & a dog and 50 more LBS for the occasional grand kid, it gets close. I don't want to be worried about weight.

Dave

Thanks chroniekon, we'll want to add the aluminum wheels, they're light & they look great!
Old 06-21-2017, 11:34 AM   #8

Adding the aluminum wheels option will gain you a few pounds as well.
chroniekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 11:51 AM   #9
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chroniekon View Post
Adding the aluminum wheels option will gain you a few pounds as well.
Good point, cant believe I missed that, thanks!
Old 06-21-2017, 12:09 PM   #10

So, what kind of weight are we looking at for an FW as described in post #7?