Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2017, 09:50 AM   #41

LOL ... do you ever feel like you're running a daycare and not a manufacturing facility?
Old 03-22-2017, 10:00 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Well, I brought this up today in staff. I guess instead of reading the order, there was a guy that is supposed to cap off the wires. If the wires aren't capped off, the guys were installing solar panels. I shudder to think how many got out that way.

SOOOOOOO...in the spirit of everyone getting mad at me when I don't install something they thought they were getting. I will go ahead and send out a bill for the solar panels that you should not have gotten. Or send out tiny henchmen to remove them in the middle of the night

Since we picked up our Isata on Dec 27, we thought it was a Christmas gift from Dynamax. 
Name:   IMG_3363.JPG
Views: 1094
Size:  49.8 KB
Old 03-22-2017, 10:15 AM   #43
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURWHL View Post
LOL ... do you ever feel like you're running a daycare and not a manufacturing facility?
Just about every day. And I can barely tolerate my own kids

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 10:22 AM   #44

Send a message via AIM to letsgorving Send a message via MSN to letsgorving Send a message via Yahoo to letsgorving
So did that guy get fired?
Love it, christmas present
Old 03-22-2017, 10:24 AM   #45
Commercial Member

fire a guy in Elkhart county? right now if you fire one, you'll never replace them. If anyone is interested in moving...I think Elkhart County has about 20,000 jobs to fill.

Old 03-22-2017, 10:28 AM   #46

Send a message via AIM to letsgorving Send a message via MSN to letsgorving Send a message via Yahoo to letsgorving
Hmm give him a raise then want my coach lol
Old 03-22-2017, 11:21 AM   #47

We got so many 'bonuses' in our unit with the rolling changes that were made after we placed our order (early November). The larger kitchen window, the steering wheel upgrade, stainless bathroom sink, we were kind of thinking/hoping the solar might be just another one. Although officially a 2017, I'm not so sure we don't really have a 2018!
I guess if the tiny henchmen need to be sent out, the least I could do is offer to put them up for the night.
chroniekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 09:39 PM   #48
Commercial Member

Who knows...I know when someone has an issue...everyone goes running to see if they have the same issue. While the solar uptake is pretty high...everyone should be running out to check the roof for (2) 100 watt flex panels. If you find them and did not order them...just raise your hand. Then kindly send them back

Old 03-23-2017, 07:30 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by chroniekon View Post
Thanks again. Pictures would be great if not too much trouble.
You can see the factory installed labels on the wires. Black and red were to the solar and white to the battery. You can also see the 2 inline fuses we added.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3366.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	330.9 KB
ID:	132636
Old 03-23-2017, 07:36 PM   #50

Hi there!
I read your post and am interested in where you found the "Photographer Gels"?

Jason

Amazon (of course) carries the gels. I used Lee 1/4 Orange (CTO), 20x24" Color Correcting Lighting Filter for the reasonable sum of $13. Another website suggested the more saturated 1/2 Orange but the color online looked quite pronounced. To be safe, I ordered 1/8 (too light), 1/2 (too orange) and 1/4 which was my Goldilocks zone. What's more, if you truly want a warmer tone, just put on two layers, rather than one and the tone warmth doubles .

I pulled the light fixture carefully down from the ceiling (avoid too much tension on the electrical connection), unscrewed the metal bezel/beauty ring and set the cutout gel circle between the LED diffuser and the metal bezel. Since the LED's don't get hot, there's no real reason to be concerned about flammability.

We took our first trip from Missouri to Estes Park, Colorado last week. Planned to go to Bear's Ears in Utah but had to cut our trip short due to influenza (not ours, but close family). I haven't modified all the interior lights yet but the ones I had added gels to did fine. Mercedes engine did fine in the mountains too, though in all honesty, we didn't try to speed along the winding and often steep roads. Used third gear most of the way up.

Water pump, on the other hand, sounded like a bad case of water hammer each time we turned on the taps when using the fresh water tank, so we'll have to get that issue resolved before our next outing.
VeniVidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:01 PM   #51

Thanks GardenMom, that confirms what I was thinking.
chroniekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 12:10 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjeoutwest View Post
Hi, I to am seriously considering the Isata 3 to replace my pop up camper. I have been reviewing the Isata 3 in detail and have had communication with bclemens - he is an excellent representative at Dynamax.

Sounds like the 4 point leveling jacks are a great feature however I understand they add about 300 pounds to the MH. Sounds like there is only about 1000 lbs of weight available (passengers and cargo) before hitting this units max capacity. Subtracting another 300 lbs could be limiting. The levelers price is the other consideration. I believe the Isata 3 does have two mechanical jacks mounted near the rear as standard equipment.

Has anyone found literature with actual photo showing the "Trifold Sofa" in place of the dinette? Does anyone have this option? I would be pleased to hear from you.

Pjeoutwest

I have the trifold sofa option. I love it, no one has their head to the TV.
Kstreet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 10:58 PM   #53

Leveling jacks....
shopdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 11:11 PM   #54

Isata 3 gas mileage

Hi folks, we are the proud owners of a 2019 FW that we really enjoy. Gas mileage has been the only disappointment so far. It was delivered to the dealer with 1250 miles on it. We have added another 800 miles so far ( pulling a Mini Cooper.) mileage is barely holding at 12mpg while cruising at 68mph most of the time. Since it seems 16-17mpg is the norm, I thought I’d be getting 14-15 at least. Does the Mercedes motor have a break-in period? Any feedback is welcome!
Macsplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 11:59 PM   #55

Smile Milage with Toad....

Our i3 FW has 11,000 miles and we were getting a consistent 16-17 mpg.... we have added a 2013 Smart Car as our Toad and we dropped to 15 mpg.... We drive between 60 and 65 aim at 5 mph under the posted limit for cars, or the posted for trucks.... We try to remember "We have nowhere to be, and all day to get there". This makes for much more relaxing motoring.... had to work at it to get to that place.... One of the things we like is due to it reasonable size, we can pull out easily if we see cars stacking up behind us...
shopdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 12:30 AM   #56

We've taken six short trips with ours and the mileage does seem to be improving. As I recall, our last run average 13.5 or 14 for a 200 mile trip. This is the mileage shown on the computer, not hand calculated.
kjburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 06:02 AM   #57

MPG

We've taken two short trips and I can't seem to get better than 12-13 MPG. No toad, average speed on first jaunt was 65, next at 55 nudged it up to the 13 range. One of the big reasons I went to diesel was for the advertised MPG of 16-17.
Riverbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 06:29 AM   #58

Isata 3 gas mileage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopdoug View Post
Our i3 FW has 11,000 miles and we were getting a consistent 16-17 mpg.... we have added a 2013 Smart Car as our Toad and we dropped to 15 mpg.... We drive between 60 and 65 aim at 5 mph under the posted limit for cars, or the posted for trucks.... We try to remember "We have nowhere to be, and all day to get there". This makes for much more relaxing motoring.... had to work at it to get to that place.... One of the things we like is due to it reasonable size, we can pull out easily if we see cars stacking up behind us...
Shopdoug I appreciate your “more relaxing motoring” approach! I’m still trying to achieve that level of consciousness! Cruise control helps.... thanks to all who’ve responded so far.
Macsplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 09:46 AM   #59

Shopdoug’s advice is good, 5 mph under posted limit, but no faster than 65 mph. We get about 13.8 on average over the past 11,000 miles pulling a Honda CR-V. Without the toad, about 1 mpg higher.

Don’t know who told you 16-17, but that’s not going to happen unless you are going downhill
milkman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 10:28 AM   #60

We’ve been across the country and back twice in ours and overall average is around 12.5 pulling a Jeep Patriot. We have gotten as much as 17 and as little as 10.5! It really depends on driving conditions... I have found the sweet spot to be between 59-63 mph with normal driving conditions, getting us around 13-14 mpg. 68 mph drops us to 12.5-13 or about one mile per gallon. Get into the mountains or a strong head or crosswind and all bets are off!
Greg-Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote