Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2019, 09:14 PM   #1

Isata 3 Pump Fuse Questions

I posted on another thread about a problem my husband and I while camping over the weekend. I received several responses, for which I am grateful.Since we have an Isata 3 RW, our fuses, breakers, etc. are probably later differently in the big rigs, I thought I’d post my additional questions here. Maybe some else has run into,the same situation.

We were connected to shore power, but not water, so we filled out fresh water tank and turned on the pump at the control panel. After a few hours, our pump stopped working and we were without water. Checking to make sure we had turned on the water pump, we noticed that all the lights on our control panel were not working. We could not see how full our fresh, grey and black water tanks were, as well as our propane and battery.

Almost everyone said it sounded like a fuse and or breaker problem and suggested we check the water pump fuse, the converter, the breaker, etc. We checked all fuses, re-set the converter, and even turned the coach battery off and on. After searching every nook and cranny of our coach for the pump fuse, we have the following questions:

We are home now and going through all of the suggestions people have given us and we have additional questions:

1. Where is the water pump on the Isata 3? Several people suggested we check the fuse at the water pump, but we cannot find where the water pump is.

2. We cannot find any fuses that say water pump. We checked the fuse panel under the refrigerator and the electrical panel in the stairwell. Nothing relates to water pump. Are there other places the fuse might be? Or would it be named something else?

3. A couple of people suggested we open the door to the converter and find the fuse for the water pump. As far as we can tell, we don’t have a door to the converter. In the electrical panel in the stairwell we found a converter re-set button, and we pushed that button but there was no change.

4. A couple of people suggested the breaker might need to be re-set near battery C distribution. What is battery C distribution and where would I find it?

We have looked through the manual and cannot find any answers to our questions.

Thanks!
altlamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 10:06 PM   #2

Is this your first trip in your Isata?

Is this the first time you drew a significant amount of water from the fresh water tank? If so, maybe your water pump filter screens are clogged with debris. I have read that water pumps can be found under the shower in some RVs. There may be disguised access panel.

If so, then maybe the water pump drew more power than normal and caused a fuse to blow or circuit breaker to trip.

I don’t remember if you said that you actually flipped every circuit breaker. Sometimes they don’t appear to have tripped. Moving each one may help you.
If you find the water pump you can check the water lines for a clog.

You should also drain your fresh water tank and give it a rinse if you haven’t done so yet.

I don’t know if any of the above is relevant to your situation but maybe it can help.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 10:14 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by altlamp View Post
we noticed that all the lights on our control panel were not working. We could not see how full our fresh, grey and black water tanks were, as well as our propane and battery.
I didn't read your original thread, but the fact that all the lights on the control panel don't work points to a more general problem.

On your main electrical panel, have you tried flipping the circuit breakers off and on. Reset them like you would in your home by pushing it off before you turn it on.
Then pull each of the fuses one by one and check carefully to make certain they haven't blown. See if there is one for that electrical display and perhaps replace that one, just in case the fuse is blown but doesn't show any problem.

Also check to make certain that your 'house' battery is charged and the connections are good. ( That's probably not it, but it could't hurt to check.) Lots of unexplained problems on these rigs trace back to a bad house battery.
Old 03-24-2019, 10:50 PM   #4

ON our 2019 isata 3 24fw, the pump is under the shower and a panel with two screws covering it! Never looked for the circuit breaker, but there is a sediment filter strainer on the pump!
wanderer44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 10:52 PM   #5

There is a switch for the pump in the bay for the water valve selection switch. If I remember correctly, it will cause your switch at the main panel to be reversed if the one in the bay for the water selector valve is left on!!!
wanderer44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 11:08 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post

Is this the first time you drew a significant amount of water from the fresh water tank? If so, maybe your water pump filter screens are clogged with debris. I have read that water pumps can be found under the shower in some RVs. There may be disguised access panel.

If so, then maybe the water pump drew more power than normal and caused a fuse to blow or circuit breaker to trip.

I don’t remember if you said that you actually flipped every circuit breaker. Sometimes they don’t appear to have tripped. Moving each one may help you.

You should also drain your fresh water tank and give it a rinse if you haven’t done so yet.

I don’t know if any of the above is relevant to your situation but maybe it can help.

Thanks for your reply. No, this is not our first trip. We have traveled over 27,000 mile in 2 years. Yes, we flipped every circuit breaker. I don’t know why it’s so dang hard to,find out where where the water pump is, or where the fuse for it is!
Old 03-24-2019, 11:17 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post

Water pumps are 12 volts DC. controlled by fuses. Not 120 Volt A/C breakers.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 12:17 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
Water pumps are 12 volts DC. controlled by fuses. Not 120 Volt A/C breakers.
I still don’t know where the water pump,fuses are, or where the water pump is. Someone said the water pump might be under the shower, but where is the fuse? I can’t find anyth8ng labeled water pump, or anything similar.
Old 03-25-2019, 08:42 AM   #9
Commercial Member

In the RW the water pump is under the fall floor of the nav base...I seem to recall a pretty long thread on that one.

As for fuses...I don't recall...but it should be simple to pull all of the fuses in the panel just to be safe.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 10:17 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
In the RW the water pump is under the fall floor of the nav base...I seem to recall a pretty long thread on that one.

As for fuses...I don't recall...but it should be simple to pull all of the fuses in the panel just to be safe.
What is the nav base?
Old 03-25-2019, 10:18 AM   #11
Commercial Member

Lav base.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 11:00 AM   #12

Under the bathroom sink there is a false floor you lift up to access the pump.

The pump screen may be clogged, the the fact all your panel lights are out would lead me to believe it’s a fuse problem.
Old 03-25-2019, 11:02 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman55 View Post

The pump screen may be clogged, the the fact all your panel lights are out would lead me to believe it’s a fuse problem.

Thanks! We checked under the shower because that’s what some people said. We’ll check unde4 the sink.
Old 03-27-2019, 11:57 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman55 View Post

We found the pump but are unable to locate the fuse or the switch. Our manual shows the the fuse on the red Linda before the connector, and a switch after the connector. I’ve attached photos of the red line coming out of the pump, and what appears to be the connector on the red line. Unfortunately much of the red line is buried underneath the braided hose and other lines. We checked the strainer and it was not clogged.

Any suggestions?

We checked all of our other fuses and one was bad. When we put in the new fuse, the pump sputtered, a little water came out of the faucet, and then the fuse blew again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1D609DDF-BEA5-417E-9106-0D5E7B2FF43E.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	258.3 KB
ID:	199957   Click image for larger version

Name:	44EC0F42-A5E5-4E67-A519-3E5B28317F0A.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	305.0 KB
ID:	199958  
Old 03-27-2019, 12:11 PM   #15

There should be a fuse inline very close to the pump under that pile of wires. As for the switch it should be in a convenient location inside your rig. It will be labeled Pump. Should have a red light on or with it.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 12:24 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
There should be a fuse inline very close to the pump under that pile of wires. As for the switch it should be in a convenient location inside your rig. It will be labeled Pump. Should have a red light on or with it.
We do have a pump switch on our control panel. Maybe that’s what my manual was referring to. We’ll check again for the fuse.
Old 03-27-2019, 01:13 PM   #17

It sounds like you have found the pump fuse (the one that was blown). It also sounds like it is doing it's job to protect the circuit. The pump itself is suspect at this point. I would open a couple of faucets and try a new fuse and see if the pump will run with no load (low pressure) on it.
Also, for what it's worth, there is another pump switch in the bay where the outside shower is.
Old 03-27-2019, 01:42 PM   #18

[QUOTE=chroniekon;2057122]It sounds like you have found the pump fuse (the one that was blown). It also sounds like it is doing it's job to protect the circuit. The pump itself is suspect at this point. I would open a couple of faucets and try a new fuse and see if the pump will run with no load (low pressure) on it.
Also, for what it's worth, there is another pump switch in the bay where the outside shower is.[/QUOT

Thanks, we’ll look for that switch
Old 03-27-2019, 01:48 PM   #19

UPDATE: We put in a new fuse and opened all the faucets. The lights all came on on our control
Panel, but this is what is weird......the on switch for the pump is now in the up position, when it used to be in the down position. The on switch for the water heater is now in the down position when it used to be in the up position. We turned the pump on and it worked. I wanted to check the porch light and it blew the fuse. Possibly this is how this all started, by turning in the porch light. But now what?

When we had our coach in for warranty work on our slides, they also fixed our step that wouldn’t retract. Could this be related?
Old 03-27-2019, 02:28 PM   #20

The pump switch on the control panel is a 3 way switch along with the one in the shower bay, so sometimes 'up' will be on and sometimes 'down' will be on, depending on the up/down position of the other switch. The water heater switch is a mystery.
If turning on the porch light continues to blow fuses, then the problem is most likely in that part of the circuit.

Tags
fuse, pump