Old 08-14-2016, 08:59 AM   #91
GM

Exterior changes all the time that's the benefit of having your own paint shop. Right now it stands at...
Khaki (shown on brochure cover)
Granite (black and silver)
Iridium Silver (single color, Mercedes Benz stock color)
Just added...
Cosmic Blue (same colors as the DX3 Cosmic blue)
Sunset (same colors as the DX3 Sunset)

As for interior, we have (3).
Sand (light leather)
Pebble (medium gray)
Espresso (darker brown)

Fridge is Dometic, but the 7 cubic foot.

If it has the Truma, the exterior door looks different. more rounded at the corners.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	truma-aquago.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	154.0 KB
ID:	117195  

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 09:04 AM   #92

Thanks! Will look up the new colors.

Last question, one unit on this dealers lot has four point leveler (55-99) vs two point.
I didn't see that as an option and wondering if it's worth the extra $2,000?

Old 08-14-2016, 04:26 PM   #93
GM

That's personal preference that you will find a lot of debate over.
Pro: levels the unit instead of just stabilizing
Con: added weight.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Old 08-15-2016, 06:59 PM   #94

Isata 3 recliners - weight

Thanks for the picture of the recliner option. Would love to see a pic of an actual Isata 3 you shipped with the recliners. I think the last photo was more of a prototype. Do/will the recliners weigh more or less than the standard booth set up? Limited OCCC seems to be a huge issue on sprinters with big slide outs.

Also, how much weight does the solar panel option add?

Thinking I better plan on the Arcadia shower door option to save a few pounds.

Thanks,
Greg
Old 08-16-2016, 08:00 AM   #95
GM

We're planning on making the Arcadia standard for a mid model year change. Too many dealers opt for the glass shower door and then we hear the complaints on CCC.

The recliners are about the same weight as the dinette...you do save some on the table and bracket.

We use flex panels for solar...while those cost more, they weight less than the ones with frames and feet. A single panel might be a few pounds? Then you add a pound for the controller. All in all, I would guess it adds less than 40lbs with wiring, controller, etc.
Old 08-16-2016, 09:27 AM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
A cab over bed is in the works....but we're still a little bit out. Our fiberglass designer is working on the E450 cap right now. Sprinter will be after that.
Any chance the cab over bed will make it to market with the mid-year change over, or will this most likely be a 2018 offering?
Old 08-16-2016, 10:58 AM   #97
GM

Should debut before the end of this year.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:59 AM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator2thdoc View Post
Just saw this thread and wanted to comment on my family's experience with our new 2017 isata 3 as it ties into your question regarding quality versus the Winnebago. We've owned two trouble-free Winnebagos. We traded a Winnebago Travato in on the isata 3 and have had nothing but trouble. The shower floor leaks causing water to spill all over the bathroom floor, the water pump also leaks (separate leaks), the on demand hot water heater is either scalding or non functional freezing, the grey and black water cable sheaths melted on the generator exhaust rendering them non functional and preventing us from dumping without crawling under the RV so I can hold the cables together while my wife pulls the cable handle, one wall in the bathroom is detaching from the material under it and starting to bow( we use the exhaust fans every time we shower to prevent moisture), way more squeaks and rattles than our Winnebagos. Large slide is nice but cause the RV to tip toward the drivers side when it's extended. The 2 hydraulic jacks only stabilize a bit(dynamax used one of the cheapest sprinter 3500 systems that Bigfoot makes). The chassis is the stripped down version....the Winnebago gives you controls for your phone and radio on the steering wheel as well as an onboard trip computer. The chassis on our isata has none of this. There are a few nice features, but they are outweighed by the faults and lack of support. I completely regret the purchase of the isata 3. I left a message with the technical department at Dynamax but got no response. On the surface this RVlooks nice enough to pass the test on the dealership lot, but when you have enough time to take a good look at it, it's clear that the workamanship is careless.( a pile of saw dust and wall trimmings under the shower. Some other things to note are cheap faucet fixtures, poorly placed water filter, flimsy building materials, no lighted switches for water pump, coach battery or anything else except hot water heater, poorly located monitoring and switch control panel....I could go on all day. I'm happy to answer any specific question you guys may have. I can't wait to get rid of our isata 3...it's been nothing but trouble with no support or response from the factory.
Gator2thdoc...just read your post...very disconcerting to say the least. We ordered a new 2017 Isata 3 RW on July 18th. If we would have read your post earlier, we may have investigated more. Although the price point was not a factor, we did consider only the Isata 3 and the Winnebago Navion...concluding the Isata had more features required for our RV goals, i.e larger propane tank, solar panels & increased exterior storage. We boondock 90% of our trips.
Our new rig will feature the Truma Aqua Go and that was important enough to delay our order, as we had read about the issues with the Atwood. Since our floorplan was brand new and we live hours away from any Dynamax dealer, we had to rely on the help of a great Dynamax factory rep, Joe Eash, to answer all our questions via email and videos. We did get to walk through a brand new unit the day after it arrived at our dealer and did the best walk through you can accomplish while on a sales lot for 5 hours. However we did notice some minor blemishes in the rig that the dealer said was the result of the long delivery and heat. The exterior doors did not all close properly and mechanisms needed adjustments and the interior floor had bubbles in it, so it needed to be stretched out. Although we questioned the quality control of allowing the rig to leave the factory like this, we also saw a brand new Winnebago Navion leave the factory with major gouges to the exterior slide out wall. So it does make you wonder, who is monitoring the quality of each factory line process.
We would be curious to the outcome of your frustrations if you choose to share, privately or publicly. We were also given the name of Matt for any future warranty issues and locations in our area to get it completed if needed. We hope his handling of your problems were resolved in a timely and professional manner and to your satisfaction...if that was at all possible at this time in the game.
We hope that if there were any quality control issues at Dynamax, they are resolved prior to us getting our order. Based on the positive feedback and service we have had from "our" factory rep, we are still confident that our Isata 3 will be everything it is advertised to be.
Old 08-26-2016, 10:57 AM   #99

I think Brian dud an excellent job in helping gator. While I havent seen any postings if gator has gotten all his issues resolved, Brian jumped asap and started the ball rolling to get him taken care of. I don't see the other division doing that. This is why I will be buying an Isata 5 once I get to see one in person and of course mom a approve of the unit. Lmao
Old 08-26-2016, 04:27 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdrvr59 View Post
I think Brian dud an excellent job in helping gator. While I havent seen any postings if gator has gotten all his issues resolved, Brian jumped asap and started the ball rolling to get him taken care of. I don't see the other division doing that. This is why I will be buying an Isata 5 once I get to see one in person and of course mom a approve of the unit. Lmao
Agree...Brian responded, provided details and connected the dots...and hopefully his team were able to walk the talk.
It was our interactions with a Dynamax Manufacturer Rep, Joey Eash, that actually closed the deal on our (my wife) decision. His availability, knowledge and thorough and prompt responses impressed us so much that we believed his representation of his company was the same top to bottom. And we have compared apples to apples. We have met and had brief discussions with the Winnebago West Coast Rep twice (once at an RV show, another time at a dealership) and both times we felt that our product questions were a intrusion on his time.
Bottom line...a wonderful rep highlighted the features of his product and than challenged us to take a look for ourselves, not once knocking the competition.
Well that Isata 3 looked real good that day and once we take possession we will see for ourselves if the are "Built to a Higher Standard of Excellence, exceptional value, product integrity and customer loyalty" (from their website).