Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2017, 01:52 PM   #261

I need a part too. It seems I have a drivers side armrest mechanism on the passenger side seat. It works backwards. When I take it off and put it on the drivers side, it works perfectly. I made a short video that shows clearly what is going on, but I couldn't get it to install here on the forum, I can send it email if you want.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3264.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	324.5 KB
ID:	134644   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3265.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	308.7 KB
ID:	134645  
chroniekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 02:11 PM   #262
Commercial Member

We do that in case of roll-over...its exactly as it should be

So the driver side works OK? Just the passenger side is wrong? That means someone out there has the reverse...a driver side that is installed with a passenger side arm rest. (since these are all stock Mercedes Seats).

I think we would have to order that from Mercedes.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 02:42 PM   #263

Maybe that's why we were able to stay upright that first day we drove down from Grand Rapids for the factory tour. Cross winds in the mid 50's! We made a couple of unexpected lane changes, and I swear it was on two wheels once.

Yes, the drivers side is fine. It's the passenger side that needs replacing. I'm happy to send this one back so when the other I3 surfaces you'll have it.
Old 04-13-2017, 02:44 PM   #264
Commercial Member

PM me your VIN and contact info including phone number for UPS.

Old 04-13-2017, 03:13 PM   #265

Info sent. Thank You. Much appreciated.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:47 AM   #266
Commercial Member

Got it and we've already been in contact with Mercedes.

Old 04-14-2017, 10:28 AM   #267

That's some good service right there! Thanks again.
Old 04-14-2017, 02:13 PM   #268

Hi Bclemens,

What is the exact max height of my RV? I have the winegard sat dome which seems to be the tallest point.

Thanks!
GusinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 02:22 PM   #269
Commercial Member

I know that it is 11'-4" to the top of the AC. Normally the dome is not much taller if at all.

Old 04-14-2017, 03:40 PM   #270

ok, cool, thanks!
I'm still trying to figure out a ladder. Earlier you said that they couldn't do a ladder because of the exit window, but that's off to one side, where the bathroom wall is takes up half the back of the RV and would be perfect for a ladder.
Any suggestions?
Old 04-14-2017, 03:45 PM   #271
Commercial Member

Can't do that side, because the skylight for the shower is in the way of the top attachment point of the ladder.

Old 04-14-2017, 04:26 PM   #272

ARGH.
Old 04-15-2017, 06:35 PM   #273

Maybe I'll mount it on the side where the bathroom is, instead of the back.

I ordered the parts from the Forest River MBS living room skylight. Before I hire a company to cut into the roof of the Isata 3 in the same location where that skylight is in the MBS, is there anything there I need to avoid? Like ductwork or wiring? I know I'll have to remove one of the LED lights.
Not sure if I'll do this yet, but just getting a feel for the idea. The parts were easy to get and seem solid and easy to install. I like the day night shades as well.
I love the inside of the Isata, but it really is much darker inside than the MBS without that skylight. I love the skylight in the bathroom for that exact reason...
Old 04-15-2017, 09:09 PM   #274

So I am going on Monday to finally purchase our Isata 3 FWM. My retirement date is April 30, so now we have some time to use it. I have been following this forum for over a year, so already learned a lot.

Couple of questions -

I had the salesman read the yellow weight sticker to me over the phone. He said something about full fuel, 50% water and full waste tanks, the net usable was 245 kilos, which is about 540 lbs. He then read the weights in kilos for the water and waste tanks. If someone is familiar with the contents of this yellow sticker, can you educate me on the various weights listed? I had a working assumption of about 1,000 lbs without water and waste. Can't say of that included fuel or not. I would plan to travel with empty water and waste and fill/dump at the campground.

I am getting the T4 satellite option and was planning to go with the Dish pay as you go plan vs the Direct TV min 6 months option. What have others done with satellite and what was your experience. How hard is it to reconfigure the satellite for the different providers?

Looking forward to getting on the road soon.
milkman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 07:49 AM   #275

In my research I have found two types of OCCC yellow stickers: one with US capacities and one with metric capacities. Here are examples.

The first is an Isata 3 and my understanding is that coach has 672 lbs of capacity for water, waste, people, and cargo. So if you carry any fresh water/waste you must subtract the weight from the 672 lbs.

The second is an Isata 5 and I'm not sure why it was a metric sticker since I don't think those can be sold in Canada. On those the cargo capacity (people/cargo) is labelled separate from the water capacity so to get the true OCCC with the water/waste tanks empty you add 285 kg + 358 kg to get 643 kb = 1418 lbs. Now when you fill your fresh or waste tanks you start subtracting from the 1418 number.

If anybody understands different please chime in and correct where I am wrong.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OCCC Sticker Isata 3.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	262.6 KB
ID:	134865   Click image for larger version

Name:	OCCC Sticker Isata 5.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	381.5 KB
ID:	134866  
Old 04-17-2017, 06:55 PM   #276

I purchased my Isata 3 today. Got the FWM in Granite with the Pebble/Mohave Ash interior.

I looked at the yellow weight sticker and I said 296 kg capacity plus full water was 132 kg for a total of 428 kg or 943 lbs. Diesel and Propane weight are not mentioned. Any further understanding of the weights would be helpful.

Also, any experience with satellite providers would be good.

Thanks
Old 04-17-2017, 07:19 PM   #277

OCCC assumes full tanks of diesel and propane from what I've read.
Old 04-17-2017, 11:15 PM   #278

So this Isata 3 is our first RV and trying to get the initial items we need ordered.

Can anyone confirm the size of the mattress? I measured the two halves and got 60 x 74 or 75, or a "short queen"? I didn't measure the dinette size made down into a bed. Anyone confirm this size?

Ordering a surge protector and water pressure regulator. What other basic utility items do I need? I understand the shore power line is to be supplied by the dealer. Obviously need a water supply line also.

Thanks
Old 04-18-2017, 06:14 AM   #279

"Ordering a surge protector and water pressure regulator."

Get the better water pressure regulator that has a gauge and is rebuildable.

Water is so hard in some locations a cleaning is required fairly often.
FFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:05 AM   #280

Assuming you have a 30A hookup, I'd grab a 30A to household adapter for the power.

There's an adapter you can have put on the propane tank that will let you run a grill right off the main tank. Probably can get your dealer to install one. https://www.amazon.com/Camco-59123-P...ne+grill+valve

I like the Rhinoflex hose for dumping (I'm sure there are other ones that are good quality too) https://www.amazon.com/Camco-39761-R...rds=rhino+hose

Can also get a clear fitting so you can see when you're done flushing the black tank.

Good Sam membership has been good to us

That's what I got off the top of my head