Old 05-19-2016, 04:26 PM   #31

Brian-
How will the 2018 Isata 3's differ from the 2016-7 models? I believe that dual recliners will be an option. What else? And when do you think the recliners will be available for a 2016-7 retrofit? Thanks!

Old 05-19-2016, 04:34 PM   #32
GM

18's? We're a year away from 18's, no list on those yet.

Dual recliners are an option now...basically an early 2017 change. They can be ordered now, but you would not be able to use the existing seat belts for a retrofit.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 06:40 PM   #33

Wow, that is great news! I had no idea it would happen so soon.

I will start looking for that option online. Thanks for all of your help!
Old 06-25-2016, 11:01 PM   #34

Isata 3 -- 2017

We are also first time RVers and I really like the FW floorplan.

Brian - Do the front seats recline?

I'm reading that the refrigerator is a 2-way What are the two ways, electric and propane or battery? We plan on dry camping...
Thanks
Old 06-27-2016, 08:47 AM   #35
GM

The front seats do recline.

2 ways are...
LP Absorption
110V Electric

You may also see a 3-way, that adds 12V operation, but only on really small units.

LP absorption is what most people dry camp with.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Old 06-27-2016, 10:10 PM   #36

Isata 3 -- 2017

Thanks for the information on the Isata 3.

We took that RV out for a test drive and it felt top heavy. Does it sit higher or was it our imagination?

Awhile back in this thread you provided the forum photos of optional theater seating, and at that time you were not clear on the table design. Any update on the table if we were to go with the theater style seating? I am leaning back toward dinette now, knowing that the front seats recline. But is there a table that seats between the two front seats if we go with the theater seating?
Thanks
Old 06-27-2016, 10:24 PM   #37
GM

I think all Motorhomes feel a little top heavy if you're new to them. Test one "without" the Helwig sway bar. That will make the 3 series feel rock solid. For the recliners on the FW, there is a cocktail table in between.

As for a table in between the front seats, we have one designed, but never started putting them in for a couple of reasons.
1. The bottom pedestal is in place all the time. Even though it is recess mount, I still think it is a slight tripping point right in a traffic area.
2. Just didn't want more weight. I saw a few other people just bring TV trays. Light weight and you can put them anywhere you want.
Old 06-27-2016, 11:22 PM   #38

Isata 3 -- weight?

Helwig sway bars are added by Dynamax Corp or are they standard from Mercedes? Not familiar with construction... need to do some more research.

Hum weight? I'm learning, I realize that each RV will have its actual weight put somewhere (I think on the door frame). What is an average available capacity on the Isata 3 when it is filled with fuel, water, etc. On average how much is available for personal stuff? Noticed the glass shower door adds 50lbs. ?Several forums speak about being maxed out on weight... Is that a big concern? If so an ideas for keeping the weight in control?
Feel stupid, but what happens if over weight? How do we check? Who checks?
How often is weight checked?
Old 06-28-2016, 08:26 AM   #39
GM

Dynamax adds those (because of this forum really). Most members felt the ride was a little soft and swayed when trucks passed. Many people were adding them aftermarket...figured we might as well add them up front if it made such a noticable difference.

CCC ends up being about 1000 lbs depending on options taken. 2-point stabilizer is about 90lbs. Glass shower door over 50-60. I'll let other chime in on whether they have even been
Old 06-30-2016, 11:37 AM   #40

Isata 3 Theater seats

Brian-

I would like to try out the new Isata 3 "theater seats" in the near future and live around the Charlotte, NC area. I see them advertised online coming to a TX dealer but not around here. I am hoping Carolina Coach will get one in since it looks like they recently sold the 3's they had. Please let me know if there is an easy way for me to figure this out other than to keep looking online. Thanks.