Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2018, 08:55 AM   #461

Didn't want to start a new posting for this simple question: what is the width of the Isata 3 with the full side slide extended? I need this to book a campsite in Canada. I am guessing 130 inches? I won't have access to mine for three weeks and I need to book soon. thanks.
RolandRevenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 10:59 AM   #462

I went out and measured mine and came up with 11' 7". This includes the awning and slide out covers which add an additional 11" or so.
chroniekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 12:12 PM   #463

Thanks for measuring!
Old 03-18-2018, 10:51 AM   #464

Null Point

I saw the instruction regarding the null setting and thought I’d try that, but didn’t want to whack out the whole system inadvertently without verifying it’s OK. Thanks!
MarkimusRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 10:23 AM   #465

Which switch illuminates the outdoor entry handle. Mine doesn't seem to work and wanted to try and troubleshoot it.
Jhenrytri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 10:38 AM   #466

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhenrytri View Post
Which switch illuminates the outdoor entry handle. Mine doesn't seem to work and wanted to try and troubleshoot it.
It may not light. Our's didn't light ; the dealer removed it and there were no wires going to it. I think I have read that some of them do, others don't. This probably falls under the 'line changes' status.
RolandRevenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 10:51 PM   #467
Commercial Member

The original ones did not light up. We then started using light up handles...but then they ran us out so we had to run blanks for a bit again.

I was recently chastised on a DX3 that the interior handle did not light up (which it was never supposed to). The dealer wired it so it would, but then they were upset because it was not bright enough during the day time : {

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 11:44 AM   #468

I just added a fire pit to my RV accessories. Got it on Amazon for $120 and added a 12 ft hose to hook to the low pressure propane outlet. I got the case which makes it easy to store below with my Coleman grill and it only adds 20 lb.

Just spent the week in Davis Mtn State Park near Big Bend and there was a fire ban, but propane source grills and fire pits were allowed. I think we were the only site with an evening fire.

Fire pit - https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008J...op_mb_pd_title
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D63310C6-0B08-41E6-AA3B-5AAED6F0FE8A.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	401.0 KB
ID:	167441   Click image for larger version

Name:	C18F0989-F84C-4E42-942C-F89B1B7DCDB4.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	247.1 KB
ID:	167442   Click image for larger version

Name:	186243B5-D5C7-44CE-AAC9-38873204E389.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	359.3 KB
ID:	167443  
Old 04-07-2018, 07:17 PM   #469
Retired Army Paratrooper

Like that fire pit
MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 07:27 PM   #470

And it fits in the bin under the slide? Might need to get one of those! The wife loves a campfire!
Greg-Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 09:07 PM   #471

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg-Gabe View Post
And it fits in the bin under the slide? Might need to get one of those! The wife loves a campfire!
It does fit under the slide. I have my Coleman Roadtrip and the firepit side by side. Only about 1” to spare in the depth, but a tight fit keeps it from sliding around.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:16 AM   #472

Thanks for sharing! I ordered one, should be here tomorrow! Happy wife, now if I can just keep her and the grandkids from getting marshmallows all over it...
Old 04-10-2018, 10:43 AM   #473

The fire pit comes with a hose and regulator to attach to a regular propane tank. If you want to use the low pressure connwction on your RV, you need a different hose without the regulator (keep the original hose in case you ever want to use somewhere else with a propane tank).

Here is the hose I bought, its a direct replacment without any other fittings -

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01N6...op_mb_pd_title

If you want the custom carry bag which makes it easy to load and keeps everything together -

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0185...op_mb_pd_title

Happy camping
Old 04-10-2018, 11:55 AM   #474

Yep, bought the hose too, had to get one when I switched the BBQ over to the QD before our first trip. I ordered the one with the lid and straps, we’ll see how that works.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:54 PM   #475

Ok, it's time for Dynamax to step up here.

The first major rainstorm we had in California, the roof leaked, and I've posted videos here on that issue.

Took it to Dennis Dillon RV here in Orange County California and they said they found a leak and fixed it.

About a week ago we had another major rainstorm, and this morning I started the RV and moved it and IT LEAKED ALL OVER ME AND THE DASH AND THE FLOOR AGAIN. You can HEAR the water sloshing around above the driver's head. Here is a link to the video:

Now, one of the most important things I try to do is keep the interior of the RV dry, I've heard horror stories about mildew and mold but now this is really galling to me.

Now I have to argue with DDRV again to get a service appointment weeks from now because they are so busy, drive up there and drop it off, pick it up again, and wait until another storm hits to hope it doesn't leak again. It's parked on level ground.

Seriously upset now.

What would make me whole is to have Dynamax pay to have someone come out and inspect the RV roof thoroughly, open it up and make sure it is bone dry in there, and take it in for a service on their time and dime and do it ASAP.

My wife and I are planning on buying a giant class A to live in when my daughter goes to college in 5 years. I was 100% sure it was going to be a Dynamax until today...

Thanks for listening.
Gus Chyba
Newport Beach, California.
GusinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:10 PM   #476

We had same leak in solera. They could not find, took a few trips. I told them to reseal where cap meets body and reseal all the running lights. That seemed to stop problem. Lots of dacor
Sandiegodoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:28 PM   #477

Currently have isata 3
Haven’t seen leak yet, but very little rain. Waterfall over driver occurred after a rain and when I accelerated with solera. Had unit 5 years and never noticed a mildew smell.
Sandiegodoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:34 PM   #478
Commercial Member

I shot this over to my service manager. We can put pressure on this end...but I'm not sure why they wouldn't respond quickly on their end as well. If they say they fixed it and they did not, then there has to be some ownership of the repair by them. IE, get it in quickly and make sure.

My take...is that it was likely a cap light that is sticking out just a bit. When you run a leak test, it doesn't aways show up because the water can collect in the fiberglass cap. It would take a deluge or moving around to slosh the water to be noticed.

So they may run a pressure test to see if there is a seal void, but a cap light might not show up on that either because there is a wall in front of it (entertainment center). If that is sealed properly, then the cap because a separate air space and would not be pressurized by a fan in the door/roof.

Old 04-10-2018, 01:38 PM   #479

I don't have the entertainment center, I have the bunk bed up top.
Isn't there a local Dynamax certified mobile RV repair guy that can look at it, driving it up there takes a day to drop it off and a day to pick it up.
Let me know.
GusinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:42 PM   #480
Commercial Member

He was going to look into that as well. I think RV Man in Colton. J&L is really good too, but booked up.

Same situation can apply on the cab over. The front bunk wall creates a tight seal. In most cases I have seen, it ends up being the cap light has worked its way out. Its a grommet, but sometimes if the fiberglass is too thick, it doesn't want to seat all the way. SO it can be flush, but wiggle out.