Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2017, 07:51 PM   #1

Isata 3 Slide Closed photos

Does anyone have any photos of the interior with the slide(s) closed? I am not able to see one until mid June and the wife was curios to see how it would be while traveling.
Thanks,

Scott
sseaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 10:24 AM   #2

Here's one from our FW
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3564.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	326.9 KB
ID:	139008  
chroniekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 01:19 PM   #3

Thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for.

2018 Isata 5 DS
Old 05-25-2017, 03:44 PM   #4

We have the Isata 3FW. It is very easy to get to the fridge and bathroom with the slide in. We have stopped at rest stops and had lunch; turned the generator on, used the microwave, sat in the booth, washed up, etc. The bed area is pretty unusable with the slide in; you can't access the storage compartment under the bed. I highly recommend that you check the label on the driver side of the cab for the cargo capacity; and keep in mind that passengers are cargo. Our's is only 900 pounds; I saw one where it was 700 pounds! Apparently, newer ones have slimmed down; no glass shower door, no glass sink in the bathroom, etc. If you order one, try to find out what the cargo capacity will be with the options you order. Good luck.
RolandRevenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 03:56 PM   #5

That is pretty low. Now I know why you can't have the diesel gen and the Bigfoot jacks. I believe the FW is just over 100 lbs lighter than the Rw so the diesel gen would be a wash. Anyone who took recent delivery care to share their CCC and the options they have?

This is what I am looking at.

24 RW or FW. Not sure
Granite Exterior
Expresso with Delta Dust interior
Dinette table
Diesel genset
Sat TV
Solar
Aluminum Wheels
4 point level system NA with diesel gen

2018 Isata 5 DS
Old 05-25-2017, 03:58 PM   #6
Kanadian Kamper

A plus to having the slide in......

We don't have an Isata but.....

Our unit is still fully function with the slides in also, and there are advantages like I see in the photo from croniekon because our floor plan is similar....

If/when you're sitting at the table, and you need a top up on that coffee you're drinking.....you can pretty much just reach over to grab the pot without having to get up and walk across.

If it's extremely hot or cold when camping, you can reduce your square footage to heat or air condition by pulling in the slide(s). This way it heats or cools faster.

There are advantages.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 04:18 PM   #7

On our unit, which the dealer had ordered before we decided to go with the Isata 3, came with a number of 'line changes'. Basically, what is produced may not be as described in the brochure. I see on this forum that the solid counter surfaces have been reduced, the glass sink is gone, as well as the glass shower doors; all good things in regard to weight. A bad surprise if you were expecting them. My point is, I would let the dealer know that you expect a minimum cargo capacity , be it 1000 or whatever; you never know, they may find some glass sinks and shower doors in a corner at the factory and install them. Or use a different brand leveling system. Our line changes were not that big, but frustrating. Exterior handle by step was not lighted (is anyone's?) even though the online brochure said it would be and still says that, and there was no shade on the door window. I whined , the dealer whined, and a shade was sent out. There were other line changes that didn't matter to us . The dealer should be able to get the cargo capacity once that baby is off the line and ready for shipment. Good luck.
RolandRevenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 06:57 PM   #8

My door sticker is 943 lbs with full wall slide FWM. I have the solar panels, the Winegard T4 satellite and aluminum wheels. Mine is fairly recent mfg date and has the new weight saving dinette, shower door and bathroom sink.
milkman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 08:58 AM   #9
Commercial Member

Just an FYI, the four point leveling jacks reduce the CCC by 200lbs. SO if you see one with 700, its because they optioned the jacks. We're in a constant process of prototyping weight saving materials so that maybe you can have all the bells and whistles and still keep CCC. Next stop is to get rid of any MDF with balsa plywood...but its not readily stocked in the area. Trying to change that. We have some foam core things we run on the REV...but it has to be a square edge and people seem to frown on that. Even thought we could save 30lbs on just the dinette top alone.

I have also thought about going to one battery and making solar standard. On overcast days though, I worry about the single battery making it. Would love to go LiON, but its still pretty cost prohibitive and somewhat unproven.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 10:36 AM   #10

Thanks for the great info. What is the weight difference between the FW and RW and also the LP and Diesel gen sets? Will the factory put the Big Foot jacks on withe the diesel genset? I could always go on a diet..
Old 05-26-2017, 10:50 AM   #11
Commercial Member

RW is normally about 150lbs heavier than the FW.
Diesel gen is heaver than the LP by about 30lbs.
We do not put on jacks on with the diesel gen.

Everyone says they'll travel light, buy the unit and then yell at us for the CCC when they checked every option. For another $4000 I can probably proto up an all electric coach. I have an induction cooktop already. I can do a LiON battery with solar. If we ditch the LP tank that saves about 68lbs in LP and the weight of the tank, lines, solenoid. I would have to find a small residential fridge, but then I could do jacks and a diesel gen.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 11:33 AM   #12

Keep dreaming, we are all in.

Thanks!
milkman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 01:41 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
RW is normally about 150lbs heavier than the FW.
Diesel gen is heaver than the LP by about 30lbs.
We do not put on jacks on with the diesel gen.

Everyone says they'll travel light, buy the unit and then yell at us for the CCC when they checked every option. For another $4000 I can probably proto up an all electric coach. I have an induction cooktop already. I can do a LiON battery with solar. If we ditch the LP tank that saves about 68lbs in LP and the weight of the tank, lines, solenoid. I would have to find a small residential fridge, but then I could do jacks and a diesel gen.
You may have a market for an all electric coach. Especially for those travelers who would like to use the tunnels around Baltimore and elsewhere.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 05:36 PM   #14

You would have to pay me to drive through Balt./ Wash.!!!
Old 05-26-2017, 07:05 PM   #15

Send a message via AIM to letsgorving Send a message via MSN to letsgorving Send a message via Yahoo to letsgorving
Just came through northern VA/DC beltway up to baltimore with our DX3 during rush hour 2 wks ago. Yeehaw if you can do that traffic you can go just about anywhere!! Not fun but we made it
Old 05-26-2017, 09:19 PM   #16

If you want real fun, go across the George Washington Bridge through NYC on any week day morning!
Old 05-26-2017, 10:54 PM   #17

Send a message via AIM to letsgorving Send a message via MSN to letsgorving Send a message via Yahoo to letsgorving
I'll pass thx DC during rush hour is enough for me

Tags
slide