Old 06-20-2018, 09:15 AM   #1

Isata 3 Valve Extenders for TPMS

There has been a few discussions on valve extenders for the Isata 3 Hispec duals. Some of the kits require bending the extension. I'm trying to get my TPMS mounted.

I hope some one can help with these 2 questions:

Has anyone found an extension kit that works well with the Hispec wheels, including stabilizers that fit the oval hand holes?

Has anyone considered a flexible braided steel extender like this Phoenix brand? Found this on Summit Racing web site (Phoenix Valve Stem Extenders AP4). I spoke with a tech there & he thought they would work on the Sprinter. He said the metal stabilizer should work well.

Thanks,

Dave
Attached Images

caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 12:48 PM   #2

I'm trying to get our TPMS hooked up to the Isata 3. I read of issues with the braided extenders, so today I continued my search for a steel valve stem extender kit for the Hispec aluminum duals. The problem was finding a stabilizer to fit the outboard aluminum dual. It was quite an adventure. Calls to Phoenix USA, then to Haltec, then waiting for the nice folks at Borg to wake up I finally found an answer, well kind of….

It seems there is no stabilizer made to fit the Hispec, but what Borg is recommending is using their square [vs an oval] stabilizer that is ¼” too long for the hand hole. This is putting a square peg in a round hole. But, according to the Borg tech, just warm the stabilizer, and crush it into the oval hole using a screw driver to slip the lip into the hand hole. Do that with the outboard aluminum wheel on the garage floor before it is mounted. Mount the outboard aluminum wheel by sliding the steel valve extender into the hole in the rubber stabilizer and attaching the wheel to the motorhome that way. Sounds a little Rube Goldberg to me, but they say it will work fine and the extenders will work fine.

It seems that last year Chroniekon and Milkman55 had already been down the road I was on today. Serves me right for not listening to the guys on the forum. But thanks to Milkman55 and Chroniekon for posting the great pictures I will show them to the tire shop tech.

We were pleased with our EEZTIRE T515/SP TP & Temp Monitoring System on our class A, it saved us big problems twice. We’ll see how the steel extenders and my TPMS works on the Isata.

Dave

Model/SKU: DL1SPAL
Manufacturer: Dually valve UPC: 855598005063
Attached Images

Old 06-21-2018, 01:05 PM   #3

I have driven over 1,000 miles with my Borg extenders with just the small bead of black silicone holding it in place. No issues and the EZZTIRE system is great for the RV and the toad. You only need two of the extenders for the inside steel wheels as the aluminum outer already have solid stems. The EZZTIRE transmitters screw right on. I removed the anti theft rings to save weight and simplify being able to check for tightness. Guess if I get mine stolen, I will reassess
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5CABDD52-AC8D-4EC7-8889-C55CCB4066BD.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	233.2 KB
ID:	176755   Click image for larger version

Name:	67D204A6-9F51-4665-B67B-4E1F515AC019.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	282.1 KB
ID:	176756  
Old 06-21-2018, 01:40 PM   #4

I tossed the anti theft rings too. Living dangerously

After 1000 miles with the silicone it looks like that will work.

I just got an email from Shinnyrv.com and they recommended a different kit for non Alcoa Sprinter duals. They say it doesn't need a stabilizer. The tech at Borg said they didn't use stabilizers on extenders under 6". So it looks like ours is right on the edge of needing them. I'm thinking silicone is going to be just fine

Dave
Old 06-21-2018, 01:54 PM   #5

I agree the extenders probably didn’t need a stabilizer. They really don’t move. I added the silicone just to support and thought the added weight of the TPMS sensor might create some centrifical force that might cause the extender to move.

Yourtireshop sells just the two inside extenders.
Old 06-21-2018, 02:45 PM   #6

Dave, You've gone quite a bit further with you're search than i did. I don't run a TPMS, and the all metal extenders work fine unsupported. The dollop of silicone looks like a good solution to me.
Old 06-21-2018, 03:11 PM   #7

I don't think I learned anything you guys didn't cover on your thread last May. I guess I did confirming research

Tags
tpms, valve