Old 10-15-2018, 05:52 PM   #1

Isata 3 wet compartment panel

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0481.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	294.0 KB
ID:	189302
I had some work done to our coach and when camping today, the tank level checker was gone. I took off panel and found installed backwards, so I flipped it and now have a tank checker. My question is I donít remember a hole here where I can see wires. Seems like a hose was connected. Can someone with an isata 3 fw post a picture of their panel
Iím worried they forgot to connect some sort of over flow hose
Thanks

Sandiegodoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 08:52 PM   #2

Here's what I have.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_7506.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	435.5 KB
ID:	189315  

Old 10-15-2018, 09:04 PM   #3

So what is in that hole that is next to the valve? I have same unit
Canít tell whatís in the hole
Sandiegodoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 09:28 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandiegodoug View Post
So what is in that hole that is next to the valve? I have same unit
Canít tell whatís in the hole
I have the same unit. I think I recall reading that the hole is where a hose could be attached to vent and act as an overflow for the fresh water tank. Dynamax chose to vent / overflow the fresh water tank directly so as to avoid getting water in the storage compartment.
Old 10-16-2018, 01:26 AM   #5

I was thinking you meant the large hexagon hole with the wires showing. If it is, mine is capped off. If you meant the little hole, it's the same as yours. I'll try for a better picture without the shadow tomorrow.
Old 10-16-2018, 01:37 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by chroniekon View Post
I was thinking you meant the large hexagon hole with the wires showing. If it is, mine is capped off. If you meant the little hole, it's the same as yours. I'll try for a better picture without the shadow tomorrow.
Here you go...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Anderson Valve .pdf (485.5 KB, 52 views)
Old 10-16-2018, 09:57 AM   #7
GM

nothing goes there. as was said, we moved that connection to the outside wall in case the connection leaks at the hose.
Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 07:33 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
nothing goes there. as was said, we moved that connection to the outside wall in case the connection leaks at the hose.
Since you can winterize using the city water connection and the pump, can you similarly fill the fresh tank from a potable water container connected to the city inlet if you switch the Anderson valve to ďtankĒ and turn on the pump? If so, it would obviate the need for a gravity feed.
JEB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 12:46 AM   #9

When you fill your fresh water tank, the pump does not run. The Anderson Valve is set to the fresh water setting and the tank fills directly and passively. I think you need only enough filling pressure to overcome the check valve at the hose hook up to fill the fresh water tank. Thus if you tried to fill it with a funnel, it wouldn’t work. But if you remove the check valve, I think it would. OR, you could attach a hose to the city water fill and pump the water in with a small external pump or set up a gravity feed sufficient to open the check valve. I haven’t tried any of this so no guarantees. My Coach is winterized or I would give it a go. It’s a good question. Being able fill the fresh water tank from a low pressure source would be valuable. At the worst you might have to carry a small electric pump.
Old 10-24-2018, 06:49 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barch View Post
When you fill your fresh water tank, the pump does not run. The Anderson Valve is set to the fresh water setting and the tank fills directly and passively. I think you need only enough filling pressure to overcome the check valve at the hose hook up to fill the fresh water tank. Thus if you tried to fill it with a funnel, it wouldnít work. But if you remove the check valve, I think it would. OR, you could attach a hose to the city water fill and pump the water in with a small external pump or set up a gravity feed sufficient to open the check valve. I havenít tried any of this so no guarantees. My Coach is winterized or I would give it a go. Itís a good question. Being able fill the fresh water tank from a low pressure source would be valuable. At the worst you might have to carry a small electric pump.
I was afraid youíd say using the on-board pump wonít work. That would be too easy. I agree that an external pump would work but finding a decent one suitable for boondocking is hard to find. I thought about a drill pump but I canít verify that any of them are drinking water safe because of lubricants. I have seen some battery powered pumps for water bottles but I doubt theyíd produce enough pressure. I have seen people rig up a second Shureflo to run externally but so far Iím not a fan of the solutions Iíve seen. And I really donít want to repeatedly remove the check valve. We boondock frequently and I think that thatís just asking for trouble. Having broken a city fill last season, they arenít that durable and I donít think it would survive repeated removal and replacement long-term.

JEB1 is offline   Reply With Quote