Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2018, 05:20 PM   #1

Isata 35 DB leak

So I woke up this morning and found water leaking in around the corner of our bedroom slide by the fridge. Weird part is there was water on the front access grill under the fridge and the fridge platform. It rained some overnight but it was light. I checked the plumbing lines and all are good. Any ideas?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3307.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	431.5 KB
ID:	159987

Name:	IMG_3306.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	236.0 KB
ID:	159988

Name:	IMG_3308.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	379.3 KB
ID:	159989

Name:	IMG_3304.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	260.1 KB
ID:	159990
vrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:36 PM   #2
Commercial Member

That is a residential fridge I believe...that is weird because there is no vent in the roof for that. Or the wall for that matter.

Slides...sometimes the right direction of rain..or ice can ride in on the tracks. Nothing leaking in the fridge or freezer? Does that have an ice maker? Cold weather?

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:36 PM   #3

Isata 35 DB leak

We are in Disney, so no cold weather or freezing temps. We have an ice maker but I found no leaks in the line that I could see, we didn't have any issues till it rained. I am assuming the water is coming from the slide, baffled at how the water got on the ventilation grate and refrig platform. We also have water leaking through the awning, against the coach, I am guessing the seal is bad. It rained again today, no issues with leaks but I notice the water pooled on the slide topper. It eventually ran off.
Old 01-13-2018, 11:40 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrunner View Post
We are in Disney, so no cold weather or freezing temps. We have an ice maker but I found no leaks in the line that I could see, we didn't have any issues till it rained. I am assuming the water is coming from the slide, baffled at how the water got on the ventilation grate and refrig platform. We also have water leaking through the awning, against the coach, I am guessing the seal is bad. It rained again today, no issues with leaks but I notice the water pooled on the slide topper. It eventually ran off.

Consider that the water may be dripping from your fridge. Iced up coils or clogged drain line.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 01:56 PM   #5

Had similar problem with Cedar Creek CKTS. Has broken L fitting between water line and ice maker. Had to pull fridge to repair
lakeozarkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 08:01 PM   #6

I didn't see anything behind the frig on the platform, all dry there. The valve and fitting where also dry. Frig was making ice no problem. Rain stopped and so did leak so assuming water is coming in somehow, just don't know where. Calling dealer to make an appointment.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:13 AM   #7

Frozen supply line maybe?

Brian,

We had an Allegro Bus with a residential fridge and I had this problem. Found out that while unplugged and with the fridge off (doing some temporary work in a shop) the ice maker thawed out a bit. The water was turned off, no pressure. Then we turned the fridge back on, without water pressure that bit of water left in the supply line (with the ice maker wire bale (stop making ice bale position) in the down position) froze. Then new fresh water under pressure had no where to go but to back up and seek places to leak at various fittings behind the fridge. The result was I had water leaking out across my floor in front of my fridge. The fix was to use a hair dryer to thaw out the water supply line as it comes into the freezer. And the procedure so it doesn't happen again is to leave the bail up until the freezer is at operating temp.

Hope this helps.
Casey
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:05 AM   #8

Is there easy access to the Ice maker water valve to turn it off?

2018 Isata 5 DS
sseaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 12:22 PM   #9

Turn off water to ice maker

Don't know anything about the Isata 5, I just ordered mine, supposed to be delivered in June. Anxious.
Anyway, turn the water off to the coach including the pump. That takes the water pressure off. Then using a hair dryer thaw out the water inlet valve to the ice maker. It's tiny and at the top of your water maker. What turns that valve off or on is the lifting of that wire bale in your ice catch tub. Lift it up and the water is off. What may have happened is the bale was down. There was some water at the valve and when the freezer got cold enough that drop of water in the valve froze. Essentially causing the ice maker to quit making ice as the water can't flow and fill the ice tray. Anyway my problem on the Allegro Bus was that this frozen valve was then blocking city water pressure which was then forced to leak out at any water supply line connection. Mine was leaking out behind the fridge and coming out in front of the fridge. Pretty much looked like your photo. Thawing the valve out worked fine. No more leaks. Then new procedure for you then is to leave the ice bale up when storing your coach. Don't turn the bale down until your freezer reaches 30 degrees or so, make sure you have the water pump on or are connected to shore water, then you can operate the ice maker.
I hope I explained this OK.
Casey
Old 01-15-2018, 12:55 PM   #10

water supply cut off to fridge

Don't know about the Isata 5 but the Allegro had a little door on the outside of the coach allowing you to reach in and cut the water to the ice maker off. But that does nothing to thaw out that frozen valve.
Old 01-15-2018, 07:50 PM   #11

Isata 35 DB leak

Thanks for the info. We drove down to Disney, leaving behind 2 degrees and 15" of snow, lol. No water in the coach till we arrived since it was blown out to prevent freezing. I hooked up and had ice in about an hour. No issues the first 3 days then it rained, nothing heavy, a light steady rain. That's when we saw the leak. You have to pull the front vent cover under the fridge to access the water valve. I did check it and all was dry. The floor and surrounding wood was wet and had soaked up some water. So I am assuming it is leaking in. The strange thing is there was water on the frig platform, just a bit. I set up an appointment for service, have to see what they say.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:43 AM   #12

We had a water leak in our ref. The long plastic piece in the top of main ref. that has the lights and controls on it broke at the back. There is a hole where the condensation from the ref. is supposed to run out to the coils so it can evaporate away. This was cracked inside the ref. so we had water running down the inside of the refrigerator all over everything inside and out the door. Much worse in humid climates. Maybe yours is leaking in the back of the ref. and running down to the floor.

We used a pan to catch water until we got home. Emptied every day. Plastic glue fixed it. Found the piece that had cracked off. Fixing better than buying. $230 part to replace.

Tags
leak