Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2018, 09:24 AM   #1

Isata 3FW Winterization Checklist

This is my fourth RV and it seems each one had peculiarities regarding winterization/dewinterization. After reading some articles and comments on the forum, I came up with a checklist that may be helpful. If you have a moment, take a look at it and comment on what I missed. It would be great to have a checklist that hits all the bases and then repost it for other Isata 3 owners.

Happy camping,

Dave
Attached Files
File Type: docx Winterization Isata 3 FW FORUM POST.docx (297.8 KB, 122 views)
caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 08:32 AM   #2

OMG!!! This is the 'how to check list' missing from the Dynamax website. Thanks for posting it!
BigMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2022, 08:30 PM   #3

Excellent summary printed for reference! FYI our 2022 is supplied with secondary input tubing & valve to the water pump infeed for winterizing. It's somewhat inconveniently located behind a panel under the shower pan. I'm curious to see if the pink stuff will back-fill the supply line from the exterior input if the check valve is operated.
(Winnebago Journey 34Y)
maifimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 05:00 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by maifimd View Post
I'm curious to see if the pink stuff will back-fill the supply line from the exterior input if the check valve is operated.
OK, the supply input via Andersen valve through the undersink filter to the winterizing selector valve don't see the "pink stuff'. I had removed and drained the filter housing and added an empty water bottle prior to shifting to the winterize valve position at the water pump infeed. All the usual water points and the low point drains were 'pink', but nothing gets to the filter housing. I exercised the exterior water input check valve and got a trickle of water.

Should I be worried about the Andersen valve and water line to the pump?

Mike
(Winnebago Journey 34Y)
maifimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 08:41 AM   #5

Maybe a stupid question

When blowing out the lines with compressed air, what setting on the Anderson Valve should be used? I have tried the winterization setting and the fill setting but haven't seen any water coming out when blowing air through the lines. Is it just that there isn't much water to blow out or am I using the wrong setting?
dcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 09:56 AM   #6

Using air to blow out water lines

1) Connect regulated (max of 45 psi) oil less air compressor to "City Water" input.

2) Anderson valve set to "City Fixtures". Individually open every faucet H & C one at a time. Include toilet and both indoor and outdoor shower.

At this point in time all of the water lines are drained EXCEPT the internal water pump located in bathroom behind panel at base of shower.

3) Remove the small bell housing sediment tank connected to just left of the water pump. Drain and reinstall. Easy to do by hand.

4) Switch Anderson valve to "Winterization"

5) Open any cold water faucet. This will blow out the very little bit of water in the pump. Won't be much.

The 'negative' of this technique is that the pump may require priming in the spring. If so, just connect water hose to the "City Water" and switch Anderson valve to winterize. Open any faucet and water will be pushed through the pump to prime it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	panel.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	352.9 KB
ID:	281440  
BigMoose is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
check, winter