Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2019, 09:42 AM   #1

Isata 4 25fw owners ?

Looking for real world pros/cons and likes/dislikes for the "short" version of the Isata 4 (25FW). What are your CCC ratings ? Thanks in advance.
camperpapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 10:56 AM   #2
Commercial Member

CCC is over 2,000 lbs.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 11:16 AM   #3

Thanks for the CCC info Brian … have been doing some "due diligence" prior to purchasing a Class-C and keep coming back to the Isata models … really appreciate your involvement on this forum offering guidance … Curious though : doesn't seem to be many I4-25FW owners out there based on lack of response … did or does the shorter version 24FW sell well ? Thanks again for your response.
camperpapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 11:19 AM   #4
Commercial Member

Turn times are good....we just don't build that many. The demand for the 5 series has pushed us to start building that down the Sprinter line (up until we ran out of 5 chassis). To keep things simple, we don't build both. Its either 3 and 5 or 3 and 4 down that line.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 04:16 PM   #5

I have a 31DS

I know they aren’t the same but you really need to hear from someone. We have had a few issues with ours but Brian and the crew have been great. We just love ours but couldn’t move down to the 25FW since we were moving from a 40 foot diesel pusher we had for 14 years. This is the roomiest Class C I was able to find. The motor home is even roomy with the slides in and very usable that way if need be. The storage is best in class and that was important since our diesel had 212 cubic feet of outside storage.

As far as CCC I am sure we are close. I plan on hitting the scales this week so I will give you a heads up if you like. I plan on having water, fuel and propane on board. We shall see?
Oldnapapartsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 09:59 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by camperpapa View Post
Looking for real world pros/cons and likes/dislikes for the "short" version of the Isata 4 (25FW). What are your CCC ratings ? Thanks in advance.
I didn't know an Isata 4 (25FW) existed? I probably would have bought it...
Barch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 09:29 AM   #7

We almost bought the 24FW but had concerns about the CCC and storage in general. We wanted maneuverability when entering National Parks so the 25FW works well for us. We dry-camped in Joshua Tree and barely had enough space for the rig in our site. Any larger and we would have been nervous.

The Good:

Amazing storage for month-long trips. Especially if you use hanging storage drawers and slimline hangers in closet.

Great layout with functional, spacious bathroom. When slide is out there is a LOT of room.

Plenty of kitchen storage and I cook a lot in this rig.

Maneuverable. At 27’ in length we can get around in quite a few gas stations.

Our dealer has been excellent (Motorhomes To Go). Gave us a very fair price with no haggling, service has been fantastic.

The Not So Good:

Plumbing line from toilet to black tank makes a direct 90 degree turn which creates frequent clogs.

Sewer connection has poor design. Had our dealership enlarge the hole to allow easier connection to hose when emptying tank.

Bed is unusable when slide is in. We thought one of us could still use it (while slide was in) on recent trip during the hurricane-force wind storms. Not a good idea.

Microwave is housed really high. I’m 5’7” and I cannot see inside.

PrecisionPlex system has several times malfunctioned. We’ve learned how to reset it but can be frustrating until you learn.
Annekem is offline   Reply With Quote