Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-31-2017, 09:34 AM   #1

Isata 4 31DS with OCCC of ~725lbs

I recently test drove an Isata 4. We liked it a lot. It had solar, swivel chairs, U-Dinette, Swivel chairs and Leveling Jacks. Unfortunately, it had an OCCC of ~725lbs.

I am curious from other owners (or others that have looked at these a lot) if this is normal? It seems so low to be almost unusable. I would love anyone's thoughts (ex: is it worth having them weigh at a certified scale to see if its right...or is that just wishful thinking).

Thanks!
WanderingPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 11:11 AM   #2
Commercial Member

Quality is heavy and options add weight. It's all a trade off.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 11:29 AM   #3

Thank you for the quick reply and thank you for being so active here (it really helps when making a decision).

I am open to getting the 5 series. For the 2018s with 4x4....what is a ballpark OCCC I should expect? I saw that it increased for 2018 models but didn't find a ballpark number on the '18s specifically.

Thanks again!
Old 01-02-2018, 03:06 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Depends on the model. 35DB is the heaviest but that is why we don't offer the 4x4 (which adds about 300+ lbs). I see 1100-1200lbs on the 36DS, the 30FW has been coming back closer to 2000lbs.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 03:31 PM   #5

Great, thanks. Sounds like the 30FW is the way to go for me. I'm going to place an order. I saw elsewhere you would be willing to potentially add solar a 3rd or 4th solar panel and more batteries at the factory as a custom option (at least I think I did). If so, how can i do that and how would i get it priced?
Old 01-02-2018, 06:08 PM   #6

Bring back the short DQ264ST with modern materials. I bet OCCC would be significantly higher, it would address the short diesel market. Durability, better towing capacity, higher torque, compression brake, air brakes, easy access to engine, larger wheels/tires, more fuel, water, wastewater, propane capacity, better ride, comfort seats, ... These may not have been popular a decade ago, but I bet there is a market for them now. Seems like Ford Power Stroke, GM Duramax & Dodge Cummins chassis are no longer available in a Class C motorhome these days. Sprinter is the only diesel in a short Class C.
Magnatudes is offline   Reply With Quote