Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2016, 11:34 AM   #1

Isata 5 2017 inverter out no panel display- DEAD

This will be a rant, so buckle up. We have taken this RV on ONE camping trip for two days, 75 miles from our home. In the meantime, it it hooked up to electric at our home. Tomorrow we were to leave for a week long trip to Maine, a trip we have been planning for 2 months. The SECOND trip out.
Today, as we were packing clothes and supplies, the control panel went dead,and the inverter won't stay on. Error says output under voltage. Without the control panel, the RV is dead, UNUSABLE. Fuses all say they are ok.
Beyond frustrated with this machine. BEYOND, if I could return it, I would. It has spent more time at the dealership than used for camping. If we cannot trust that this RV will work, keep us safe, and be dependable, what's is the point of having it?
If anyone has any suggestions, please share. Thanks for listening.
Old 09-23-2016, 11:53 AM   #2

Sorry to hear your problem that sucks, the first thing I would do is disconnect from shore power, check the state of my coach batteries to ensure they are fully charged if not, I would disconnect them and charge to max. Then I would reconnect and see if the inverter and panel comes back to life. I would actually pull the inverter fuse and test it. What happens when you run your generator (assuming you have one?) Do your other 12volt systems work?
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 12:08 PM   #3

Hi Sea Dog, thanks for your reply. The batteries are showing as fully charged. The biggest concern is that the display panel which runs the whole rig is dead. The generator will not come on. Fuses are all good.
Old 09-23-2016, 01:02 PM   #4
Commercial Member

David. Please DM me your phone number and contact information. Our electrical engineer and I will give you a call ASAP.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
zgipson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 01:21 PM   #5

Thank you to the Dynamax team for working with us on this. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and sorry for my explosion. Kim
Old 09-23-2016, 02:27 PM   #6
Commercial Member

Sounds like our engineer and David had a good conversation and got everything worked out or a solution in place. He's a great guy and very knowledgeable. I'm glad everything worked out!
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Old 09-23-2016, 02:39 PM   #7

Thanks Zach. We are waiting on a call back from the Xantrex rep now. Our main control pad is up and running thanks to Derek and Chris. Thanks again for the assistance and helping us get going. Back to packing. Kim
Old 09-23-2016, 02:41 PM   #8
Commercial Member

Just to add a little info here...

If anyone has a panel that goes out (as technology can), the hard buttons will still operate as needed (including gen start) and many if not all functions can be controlled on the main board where the fuses are located. We either have (and I will have posted) a guide or they are in the finishing stages of a "how to/troubleshooting" guide.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 02:47 PM   #9

good to hear the dynamix crew was right on this hope your trip is fun.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 03:15 PM   #10
Commercial Member

well, that was fast.

This shows the main panel, not the touch panel of course...but if there is an issue, the mani panel should still operate.

One thing to note on the awnings...just like a normal awning button, you need to press and hold for a second or so and release (I look out the window to verify movement), and it will auto extend or auto retract. If you hold too long, it goes into manual mode and will stop anywhere you release the button.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Precision-Plex-Owners-Manual-REV-A.PDF (754.4 KB, 58 views)

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 10:35 PM   #11

DavidMort, do you happen to know the version of the Precision Plex software posted on your main panel. The version on the trouble shooting guide says 1.23X and the version in my unit is 1.20D. I only have 4 menu options and the guide shows 9 menu options.
Go Gators
Rrzasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 07:07 AM   #12
Commercial Member

Rob, were you able to get a hold of Gary Oglesby at Precision Circuits then?
Old 10-05-2016, 07:33 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgipson View Post
Rob, were you able to get a hold of Gary Oglesby at Precision Circuits then?
Not yet Zac, tried twice and left a message, i'm going to try again this morning.

I was able to get a hold of Atwood and they told me I have to get my dealer to contact them to effect the recall repair and to get a warranty switch on the way. Got a hold of my dealer last night and they are starting the process, so, I guess i'll know something back from them in a week or so.
Go Gators
Rrzasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 07:38 AM   #14
Commercial Member

Ok, good. Making progress though!
Old 10-06-2016, 07:38 AM   #15

Precision Plex version

Rob, our version is 1.20D, same as yours.
Old 10-06-2016, 06:19 PM   #16

FYI. Went to dealership to have the inverter replaced. Took about 4 hours for the work to be completed. So far so good. Many thanks to Chris, Matt, Derreck, and Zach from Dynamax and Don from Xantrex, for helping us identify the problems and get us on the road last week, and arranging with the dealership for replacement of the inverter. Teamwork at its best. We appreciate the hours/days of support these guys have provided.

Tags
inverter