Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2017, 04:17 PM   #1

Isata 5 35db walk through questions

Hey everyone new to the forum, but have been lurking for a while now. Sorry this is so long lol I have a 35db walk through tomorrow the 27th and I've got a few questions. (Just to be clear the rig is not mine it will be my parents, but I will be joining them when the dealer goes over everything.)
They purchased the 35db 4x4 from the Cleveland RV show a few weeks ago. (Great show for those of you that have never been)

They purchased it as they are winding down with work and are looking to travel more. It will primarily be just my parents but they got the db for times when my aunt and uncle or my and my brothers family will be joining them. I understand that weight will potentially be an issue with the 4wheel drive, but that will only be a few times a year. (Id love to see a weight increase option down the road...)

Arm rests... has anyone figured out a solution to that issue? The two options ive seen are a new seat, which has crash rating implications, or taking the seat to an upholstery place and see if they can figure something out.

Rear view camera, I read through the thread the other day about the software patch but my parents are concerned about warranty issues if going that route. Any thoughts?? Has anyone thought they needed after market side mirrors or cameras?

What are people doing for satellite radio? During the show they made it sound like it did not come with the unit and that it would be an after market thing? Maybe we just miss-understood them?

Are there any common issues we should be looking for during the walk through?

Anything that people have been having problems with that we should focus on?

What are some of the most common mods people are doing adter they take delivery?

Thank you all so much for thr help and sorry again for so many questions.

Runner
XCRUNNER200U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 12:57 PM   #2
Commercial Member

1. we are working on a seat as well. Once we have one, the only option really is to have that seat sent to our supplier to have an arm put on and recovered. The other option is to get a center console and maybe just strap it in so it can be moved if going from cab to coach. Therein lies the issue, on a normal truck cab, there is a center console.
2. It will have the camera...its just the camera will only work in reverse. Check the mirror during the walk through. If there is a mirror clipped over the factory mirror, it may already have a stand alone that does not use the radio anymore.
3. The unit does have satellite radio. The antenna that is used for Uconnect, also handles XM. Just change the radio to XM and channel 1 (preview) while outdoors to verify.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 10:49 AM   #3

We've been real happy with our 35DB so far, but we have had a couple of items that we're having to get taken care of. Probably not common items to go wrong, but just our experience so far:

1. Auto-level jacks always throwing an "Excess Slope" error, even when leveling on an almost-completely level surface. Most likely just a calibration issue, but something to check.

2. Electronic house door lock stopped working. Appears to be some faulty wiring.

3. One of the night shades doesn't stay down very well - open and close the shades multiple time to check.

4. Bathroom Maxx Fan clicking/hitting at certain speeds - run the fans at high, medium, and low speeds to ensure they're working properly.

5. Blown/buzzing speaker on the built-in 5.1 system.

6. "Power Control System" section of touch panel system is non-functional - always displays the same info, no matter whether plugged in or not, what loads, etc.

The above being said, any new unit is going to have some problems, and we truly are super happy with ours - we had a great time camping for a week over New Years! We just gotta get the kinks worked out before our three month trip this summer, and we already have the warranty process going at our dealer.
Old 01-30-2017, 11:06 AM   #4
Commercial Member

1. Do you have the Power Gear leveling system? We have been proto-typing an Equalizer system, because I knew those guys from their Bigfoot days. Just want to know which one is throwing that code.

2. Which lock? The large individual buttons that run horizontal (wired) or the ones on the lock itself that run vertical (battery operated)?

3. There are adjustments knobs on the right and left of the shade. One knob adjusts speed the other, stopping location. When up...turn one knob and if the shade moves up or down, that is the stop. That means the other is speed. Maybe the speed/tension is too low.

4. Always hear that about the crappy 12V chinese fans...never with the Maxxair...I wonder if a screen or something got bent.

6. I think there have been some software updates.

Old 01-31-2017, 03:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
1. Do you have the Power Gear leveling system? We have been proto-typing an Equalizer system, because I knew those guys from their Bigfoot days. Just want to know which one is throwing that code.

2. Which lock? The large individual buttons that run horizontal (wired) or the ones on the lock itself that run vertical (battery operated)?

3. There are adjustments knobs on the right and left of the shade. One knob adjusts speed the other, stopping location. When up...turn one knob and if the shade moves up or down, that is the stop. That means the other is speed. Maybe the speed/tension is too low.

4. Always hear that about the crappy 12V chinese fans...never with the Maxxair...I wonder if a screen or something got bent.

6. I think there have been some software updates.

1. Looks like we got the Equalizer system

2. Large individual horizontal buttons

3. We'll give that a try, see if we can get it working prior to our service appointment

4. I wasn't able to see anything obviously bent or out of place that would cause the ticking, but I'll double check next time I'm over at the rig.

6. Is there a way to field-update the software on the control panel? That's something I would love to do myself rather than depend on the dealer - I'm a software engineer myself, so I'm not afraid of tinkering if it's possible...

Also, just wanted to note - thanks again for the awesome service you provide on this forum Brian! I wasn't even asking for help, but you took the time to engage with me on the issues to try to help out. One more example of why I can't imagine considering any brand but Dynamax.
Old 01-31-2017, 04:16 PM   #6
Commercial Member

It's my pleasure. I really don't like when things break or don't work as expected...I always feel like it is something simple. I also don't like waiting for repair people to show up at my house between 8am and 3pm, two weeks from now or the hassle of going to a dealer. I assume others that are handy feel the same way. So anytime I can find an easy fix that can be posted in the forever of the internet..I'm all for it. I might be the one looking for that easy fix some day.

1. The Equalizer people say it just needs reprogrammed. They're shooting me a link to a video to do that. Try this

2. large buttons means no battery...so not as simple as a new battery.

6. I think they were working on that. The original design had to be flashed by them...I think they are now on a more serviceable design, OR, they were working on an exchange system. They send you the new one, you send back the old to be refreshed and used elsewhere. Feel free to call Precision Circuits directly on that one. Great support team and they might be able to give you access that they would not give others.

Old 02-10-2017, 04:23 PM   #7

2. It will have the camera...its just the camera will only work in reverse. Check the mirror during the walk through. If there is a mirror clipped over the factory mirror, it may already have a stand alone that does not use the radio anymore.

Brian, what clip on system are you using? Can it be used with my existing camera and wiring?
Go Gators
Rrzasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 04:44 PM   #8
Commercial Member

No. You would have to run a separate system. We ordered the rear camera on the Ram, but tied our camera into their harness. Which is tied into the LINbus system,. You would have to run a whole new system or go wireless.