Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2018, 09:56 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teich View Post
I'm sure your dealer would provide a driver to take it there and back. The factory will fix all of your coach issues. Just do it and move on.

The dealer did offer and as Brian stated above they felt it wasn't needed, at that point I had no reason to disagree. I would love nothing more then to move on, Tough to do so when the dealer and Dynamax can't agree.
Old 04-02-2018, 10:03 PM   #22

Vrunner do you mind if I ask the mileage and year of your motorhome? Is it a '17 or '18?
Old 04-02-2018, 10:18 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
We actually talked about picking it up...however the repair list did not seem that difficult, originally. In addition, when discussing the "whir-Whir" noise...MORryde did not think it was a drive line issue and the local shop, Bud's, wanted to test drive the vehicle WITH the retail customer so that they could clearly identify the noise and the scenario that caused it. At that time, we felt Bud's could resolve the issue and we would not need to add mileage. We also felt, according to the initial response from the customer that if the noise was just a balance issue that the customer could take the unit if needed.

I'm not sure where we made it public knowledge? can you direct me to that spot?

The dealer and everyone I speak with there has made it clear you guys don't support them. That's tough coming from one of the larger RV dealers out there. Again, I deal with manufactures, I never throw them under the bus. Either we work together or we don't do business with each other. There are issues but the customer only sees a unified front. Dan's emails support their thought process. Sharing with me neither party is affiliated or required to work with each other. As the customer what is to be gained by telling me that? How does it instill confidence in your product and their ability to repair it?
Old 04-02-2018, 10:43 PM   #24
Commercial Member

Funny how things change. The dealer wanted to add seals...I think you reached out to me and were losing faith in the dealer. I was the one that suggested we do something more than seals and that we look at the window itself. I told the dealer we would give them whatever support they needed, but that they should be point since the unit was in their possession after the early "he said she said".

This was my email to MORryde in the beginning.

"So this comes back full circle. Dodge won’t touch it since they didn’t do the stretch, so the driveline is not their issue.

You guys guess that the trailer is changing the driveline geometry because it’s too heavy. (only makes the noise when towing) So we explain the tow vehicle is a truck, flat tow.
With that additional information, now it is likely an “exhaust harmonic”

Here is what I know. You guys stretch the chassis and I believe extend the exhaust. We think that an exhaust harmonic would have reared its head prior to this...but where would you like us to take it to try and rule one, both or all out?

It is likely, that if it is the driveshaft….and we adjust it, it could just change the parameters at which it makes that noise. My problem is, knowing customers, they will not take “that’s just the way it is, there is nothing more we can do” unless we first try to do something."

So, I do understand your frustration and I do apologize this has not gone as smoothly as I would like. But you seem to keep throwing us under the bus while we have worked diligently from the beginning to try and resolve the issues. In the end, I want nothing more than the coach fixed.

But I am still unsure where we are the ones that made this public??? And would gladly eat crow when you point out the post where we did that.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
Old 04-03-2018, 05:17 AM   #25

Isata 5 8 month review

Correct, after sitting for weeks at the dealer the suggestions for some repairs made no sense, like adding seals to the windows and the slides. I questioned that on a brand new coach. It is now April and my coach with the "perceived" minor repair issues hasn't been repaired. I am a common sense guy. When a suggestion is made to address a problem I like to understand the solution. There was no confidence in the solution.

Bud's and Chris from Dylan's are the only two I trust at this point. Bud's said it is a problem with the rear, period. I even took it one step further and requested to Dylan's to drive another unit under the same conditions. They completely agreed. I wanted to make sure it wasn't me... No noise, none. The tow truck comparison from MORRyde is silly, I grew up drive sling backs and flat beds. An unloaded chassis with a wrecker back or flat bed on it will sound completely different when a 4k to 6k pound car/truck is put on its back... the Isata 5 is already loaded, the additional 1300 lbs of cargo shouldn't impact it, or at least should be accounted for in the drive line geometry. So no, I don't agree with " that's just the noise it makes" nor do I agree with their analogy.

Chris said all the windows are a problem, the door is a problem. He has fixed everything else. So here we stand, again. Instead of reaching out to Steve at Dylan's getting on the same page, in agreement with a solution and direction everything is being debated by multiple people and I am in the middle of it still having to defend my position on what should be done to fix the coach... great customer service experience. That's the "public" perception. So to your point the experience has been terrible. You handed me the keys to the "bus" the first time you replied to my rant. I am pissed due to the experience and lack of urgency. Your job should be to improve that and own it, not debate it. At this point I still don't know what the door answer is, bowed? Not bowed? Replace? Not replace? Windows, dealer says replace, you say no... I have zero confidence.
Old 04-03-2018, 06:34 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrunner View Post
Correct, after sitting for weeks at the dealer the suggestions for some repairs made no sense, like adding seals to the windows and the slides. I questioned that on a brand new coach. It is now April and my coach with the "perceived" minor repair issues hasn't been repaired. I am a common sense guy. When a suggestion is made to address a problem I like to understand the solution. There was no confidence in the solution.

Bud's and Chris from Dylan's are the only two I trust at this point. Bud's said it is a problem with the rear, period. I even took it one step further and requested to Dylan's to drive another unit under the same conditions. They completely agreed. I wanted to make sure it wasn't me... No noise, none. The tow truck comparison from MORRyde is silly, I grew up drive sling backs and flat beds. An unloaded chassis with a wrecker back or flat bed on it will sound completely different when a 4k to 6k pound car/truck is put on its back... the Isata 5 is already loaded, the additional 1300 lbs of cargo shouldn't impact it, or at least should be accounted for in the drive line geometry. So no, I don't agree with " that's just the noise it makes" nor do I agree with their analogy.

Chris said all the windows are a problem, the door is a problem. He has fixed everything else. So here we stand, again. Instead of reaching out to Steve at Dylan's getting on the same page, in agreement with a solution and direction everything is being debated by multiple people and I am in the middle of it still having to defend my position on what should be done to fix the coach... great customer service experience. That's the "public" perception. So to your point the experience has been terrible. You handed me the keys to the "bus" the first time you replied to my rant. I am pissed due to the experience and lack of urgency. Your job should be to improve that and own it, not debate it. At this point I still don't know what the door answer is, bowed? Not bowed? Replace? Not replace? Windows, dealer says replace, you say no... I have zero confidence.
Like I said, stop the complaining and get it back to Dynamax. It won't take up that much of your time. Road trips are fun, that's why we buy RVs isn't it? Heck I don't have anything planned for May. I'll pick it up and bring it back if someone pays for the fuel.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:26 AM   #27

Been watching this tread trying to resist getting sucked in.

What I see are a myriad of people offering to fix your problems but at every turn you seem to be throwing up roadblocks. I get that you spent a lot of money, I get that it’s an inconvenience. At the end of the day you’ve got two options - go with the help that’s available or continue to throw a tantrum because things aren’t happening exactly how you want them to.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:26 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Davis View Post
Like I said, stop the complaining and get it back to Dynamax. It won't take up that much of your time. Road trips are fun, that's why we buy RVs isn't it? Heck I don't have anything planned for May. I'll pick it up and bring it back if someone pays for the fuel.

Just sharing my experiences and stating the facts as I see them, waiting for someone at Dynamax to realize arguing with a customer is like arguing with your wife, a no win situation. Owning the problem and fixing it is always the best option!

RV trips are fun but when my 10 year old requires radiation treatments and we need to be near a hospital that can treat him if an emergency arrises it really impacts how far we can go from home. We did plan some local trips that we have cancelled for obvious reasons.

But I will take you up on your offer! [emoji106]
Old 04-03-2018, 08:50 AM   #29

Quote:
Just sharing my experiences and stating the facts as I see them, waiting for someone at Dynamax to realize arguing with a customer is like arguing with your wife, a no win situation. Owning the problem and fixing it is always the best option!

RV trips are fun but when my 10 year old requires radiation treatments and we need to be near a hospital that can treat him if an emergency arrises it really impacts how far we can go from home. We did plan some local trips that we have cancelled for obvious reasons.

But I will take you up on your offer! [emoji106]
let me know when you have the appointment set up. I'll park my RV at your house while I'm gone.
Old 04-03-2018, 10:14 AM   #30

Thank you! How far are you from Atlantic City? At this point I am waiting to see what Ram says about the driveline and Dylans is supposed to have the door. The windows are the last issues after that.
Old 04-03-2018, 10:27 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Davis View Post
Road trips are fun, that's why we buy RVs isn't it? Heck I don't have anything planned for May. I'll pick it up and bring it back if someone pays for the fuel.
Old 04-03-2018, 10:32 AM   #32

Quote:
Thank you! How far are you from Atlantic City? At this point I am waiting to see what Ram says about the driveline and Dylans is supposed to have the door. The windows are the last issues after that.
565 miles. I enjoy the travel.
Old 04-03-2018, 10:40 AM   #33

Stay tuned, I may need your help. [emoji106]
Old 04-03-2018, 02:48 PM   #34

Support Question

This has been going on for some time with so many people in the loop all trying to figure out the myriad of issues, at what point does someone from Forest River, with the engineering knowledge and power, get in a car or a plane and go meet, at the RV, with all the people who have a stake in these issues and decide a course of action?
Old 04-03-2018, 03:55 PM   #35

Isata 5 8 month review

Quote:
Originally Posted by George-B View Post
This has been going on for some time with so many people in the loop all trying to figure out the myriad of issues, at what point does someone from Forest River, with the engineering knowledge and power, get in a car or a plane and go meet, at the RV, with all the people who have a stake in these issues and decide a course of action?

GREAT QUESTION!!

All I want is the issues that both I and the dealer found the be corrected. We are in the homestretch but still battling over the smallest details. I would understand the pushback if I was the only one that saw the problem. I am going above and beyond to document, take pictures, videos and even drive another unit just to make sure it wasn't me.

It's like a game with them, my entry fee was 150,000 and weeks of lost time driving back-and-forth to the dealer, emails and these posts.
Old 04-03-2018, 03:59 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by George-B View Post
Really? Maybe a little less back and forth, dealing with as few people as possible but wow you do expect a lot.
Old 04-03-2018, 04:51 PM   #37

I heard back from Ram, they feel the rear is bad... so now waiting to hear back from them. In the meantime I send an email to confirm remaining repairs... and Dynamax continues to show its true colors. After this thread, airing all this dirty laundry you would think they would just want to get everything done and move on... NOPE!

So we continue to debate the window issue and now the damage that was found around the tail lens that they covered up with silicone. I never questioned it until I dropped my unit off for service and saw another Isata 5. I noticed the tail lens had no silicone. The dealer removed it and found the paint all scratched up. They attempted to touch it up but it is still noticeable. I asked since they are replacing the door, which required painting they properly fix the lens areas...

No can do... according to Dan at Dynamax I waited to long to bring it to their attention.

I really am shocked... way to go Brian! Customer service all the way!
Old 04-03-2018, 05:39 PM   #38

Wow, this has given me a headache, very acidic. I think a lot of us that own Dynamax have kids and jobs still, all that aside, buying the motorhome came with the understanding that things would go wrong and it would take my personal time to solve. I am not sure peeing up a rope on the forum will fix these problems.
Old 04-03-2018, 06:33 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
Wow, this has given me a headache, very acidic. I think a lot of us that own Dynamax have kids and jobs still, all that aside, buying the motorhome came with the understanding that things would go wrong and it would take my personal time to solve. I am not sure peeing up a rope on the forum will fix these problems.

Ok, so where would you draw the line? How long would you wait for repairs? 2, 3, 4 months? I completely understand it comes with its issues, obviously you haven't read all the posts. And if Dynamax stood behind their product this post wouldn't exist. I am happy some of you have the time to take off 4-5 days to drive 1400 miles for repairs, I don't. Add to that my unique circumstances with my son.

I sell flooring, how about I sell you some and when there's a problem don't call me, roll
It up and throw it in the back of your car and drive it back to Georgia, they will hold on to it for a few months, but your family can live on bare plywood. Your ok with that right? Because hey, you should expect problems... [emoji58][emoji58][emoji58]

So take some aspirin and read on or pass on the post. I will continue to post what I see fit (peeing up the rope) and share Dynamax's incompetence. [emoji106]
Old 04-03-2018, 07:29 PM   #40

Making Friends and Influencing Others, by vrunner
Closed Thread