Old 09-17-2019, 05:06 PM   #1
MSgt & MSgt, USAF Retired

ISATA 5 cargo lights operating autonomously

Had the rig out this past weekend. Woke up about 0500 Saturday morning to something clicking. Tracked it down to the cargo lights going on and off by themselves. I even pulled the fuses and they kept on going. I remember someone else mentioning theirs being on at Sturgess this year. Did you ever figure out why? They continued to do it through out the day on Saturday, I'm out of town now so I don't know if it is still acting up. Ideas????

2020 Isata 5 36DS 4x4

2015 Rubicon
clockcuff_66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 05:26 PM   #2
GM

I would try rebooting the multiplex system.

Also make sure a phone wasn't in someones pocket butt dialing the light button????

Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 05:32 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I would try rebooting the multiplex system.

Also make sure a phone wasn't in someones pocket butt dialing the light button????
Thanks Brian, there was no butt dialing at 0500. I'll reboot when I get back in town. Is that just a matter of pulling the touchscreen off the wall and unplugging it?

2020 Isata 5 36DS 4x4

2015 Rubicon
Old 09-18-2019, 07:18 AM   #4
GM

Cutting power to the whole system. (battery disconnect). Making sure solar is not keeping anything active. So night is best, to be sure. But if you cut power and the screen goes blank...that it's. Let it sit for a couple of minutes, then fire back up.
Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 09-23-2019, 07:31 AM   #5

Ran through the power removal and reset procedures, it appears to be functioning correctly. Of note, having read many different postings as to what it takes to kill to remove the 12vdc from the rig I figured I'd add my observations as well. All I did was unplug form the AC source and turn the battery disconnect. The solar panel on my rig must come in on the battery side which is a good thing. I've read other postings where the solar still keeps the circuit energized. Strangely my steps retracted and extended when all other 12vdc was off. I must assume they are ran off of the chassis battery at this point.

2020 Isata 5 36DS 4x4

2015 Rubicon
Old 09-23-2019, 08:33 AM   #6
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcuff_66 View Post
Ran through the power removal and reset procedures, it appears to be functioning correctly. Of note, having read many different postings as to what it takes to kill to remove the 12vdc from the rig I figured I'd add my observations as well. All I did was unplug form the AC source and turn the battery disconnect. The solar panel on my rig must come in on the battery side which is a good thing. I've read other postings where the solar still keeps the circuit energized. Strangely my steps retracted and extended when all other 12vdc was off. I must assume they are ran off of the chassis battery at this point.
Correct. The steps need to be connected to then chassis in the event you pull away with them out, they need to be overridden with key on.
Old 09-23-2019, 10:19 AM   #7

Probably a question for another thread but since you are on the subject of steps, if the steps hit an obstruction ie. curb or something like that while extending will they automatically retract? I've wanted to test this but always chicken out.
Old 09-23-2019, 01:56 PM   #8

I have not tested that either, let me know how you make out...

2020 Isata 5 36DS 4x4

2015 Rubicon

Tags
cargo, light