Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2017, 05:30 PM   #1

Isata 5 Driver and Passenger Seats

We have read the brochure description of the driver and passenger seats in the Isata 5, and recent posts indicate that new coaches are now shipping with arm rests. As to other features, all we can see is that the driver seat is powered and the passenger seat apparently is not. Can anyone comment on whether there are lumbar adjustments on these seats and what other adjustments are available as well as the general comfort of the seats? Thanks

Ed E
EdDebDFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 08:43 AM   #2
Commercial Member

Correct, the driver's seat is powered and can be reclined, moved forwards and backwards, and has lumbar adjustment controls. The other photo is of the passenger's seat which can be moved forwards and backwards using the metal latch between your legs when sitting and reclined by the lever on the side. It has no lumbar control however.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170621_093347.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	142169   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170621_093418.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	142170  
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
zgipson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 10:03 AM   #3

Thanks for the info and the prompt reply. I realize that these seats come with the truck chassis, but my wife has back issues, and in a vehicle this nice you would think that the passenger would not be treated like a second class citizen. I am wondering if there are custom options to get powered seats with lumbar for both driver and passenger. As much as we like this coach, the seats could be a deal killer.

Ed E
Old 06-21-2017, 10:48 AM   #4
Commercial Member

The seats that come in the Isata 5 are the same seats that come in the RAM 5500 chassis, so really it's Dodge that doesn't like the passenger ; )

In all seriousness though, there are different aftermarket seating options that are available and should help increase the comfort level for your wife. One company in particular may be Premier Products.

Seating Gallery - Premier Products
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
zgipson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 12:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdDebDFW View Post
Thanks for the info and the prompt reply. I realize that these seats come with the truck chassis, but my wife has back issues, and in a vehicle this nice you would think that the passenger would not be treated like a second class citizen. I am wondering if there are custom options to get powered seats with lumbar for both driver and passenger. As much as we like this coach, the seats could be a deal killer.

Ed E
Hi, I don't have the Dynamax, but do have the 2014 Solera/ Sprinter. I thought the seats were horrible for an upscale MBS. I too have back issues like your wife. The first year of ownership I experimented with memory foam bottom and lumbar cushions that had to be put back into place and readjusted everytime I got in and out of vehicle. I finally decided that it was worth the expense to change out the seats for custom ones that would make long drives tolerable. I found a company that made the narrower sprinter seat with heat, power lumbar, massage and alot more cushioning. I am a very happy camper now and so is my poor back.
mtnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:44 PM   #6

Mtnlvr,

Thanks so much for your input. I know yours is a different platform, but would you mind sharing the company you used?
Old 06-21-2017, 02:33 PM   #7

I found a company on the internet in Arizona while doing a google search for custom Sprinter seats. My seats were supposed to be ready in 3-5 weeks. It ended up being four months. I found the owner to be really unorganized, so therefore I can't really recommend the company(wwwdiscountvanantruck) even though I am happy with my seats. But, I believe there are other companies that could make them and run more organized. Good luck!
mtnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote