Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2018, 03:35 PM   #1

Isata 5 DS slider control?

My DS has the sliders incorrectly cabled or programed? It's an annoyance, not the end of the world; but why are they switched- Bedroom button moves living room slider and vice versa.

I received a replacement Precision Controls Panel- same issue. So guessing the wiring is switched?

I'm looking for place to switch the wires around, in the inverter/electrical area (passenger side far back), I see a couple of Lippert modules, marked as slider control. There are 2 modules- so switch motor 1 from one module to the other and same for motor 2.

I thought I remember reading that each slider has 2 motors, one for in and second for out? Anyone know about these or do this? Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lippert.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	388.2 KB
ID:	185560  
Wrangler4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 11:59 PM   #2

If I remember, the wires are marked for bed and front.
Does the manual switch work each slide correctly? If not swap the switch wires at either the switch or controllers. No need to swap cables to motors.
I don’t have my unit here so can not verify, going by memory.
If you swap motor cables at the control box will have to reset stops for each slide.
Two motors work together to go out and in.
Old 09-06-2018, 07:17 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrangler4X4 View Post
My DS has the sliders incorrectly cabled or programed? It's an annoyance, not the end of the world; but why are they switched- Bedroom button moves living room slider and vice versa.

I received a replacement Precision Controls Panel- same issue. So guessing the wiring is switched?

I'm looking for place to switch the wires around, in the inverter/electrical area (passenger side far back), I see a couple of Lippert modules, marked as slider control. There are 2 modules- so switch motor 1 from one module to the other and same for motor 2.

I thought I remember reading that each slider has 2 motors, one for in and second for out? Anyone know about these or do this? Thanks.

Easy fix. Just swap the two plugs labeled touch pad in the bay and you are done. Each side has two motors installed at the top. They provide both in and out movement.

2018 Isata 5 DS
sseaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 09:33 AM   #4
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalenss View Post
Does the manual switch work each slide correctly?
^THIS^...we are assuming that the manual switches ALSO operate backwards? If that is the case, then this makes sense. Otherwise, it is in the multiplex side.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 02:42 PM   #5

I guess I'm not explaining this very well.

The Multiplex/Precision panel opens the bedroom when I press the Living room- same with phone, the 2 button panels open and close.

I don't know which 2 button panel opens what.

I am trying to fix the incorrect Precision Panel programming or incorrect cabling.

Since the second Precision panel operated the same as original panel and i'm assuming that the precision panel programming is correct and a wiring problem.

So which cable goes to Precision panel? Swap them and everything should work as designed?
Old 09-06-2018, 02:44 PM   #6
Commercial Member

So the bedroom slide switch and living room slide switch (not the multiplex version, but the black hard buttons with white text) are not labeled??? so you do not care which one is which and they are both up on the front tower?

I think if you start swapping wires you could end up getting the wrong slide stops for each side. I'm not sure if the slide stops are held in the controller or the switch.

I understand what you are saying perfectly...the "software" version is reversed. What I am trying to figure out is....are the leads that go to the multiplex reversed or are the leads that go from the "Power Gear" slide switch reversed to the brain/controllers.

It is a Precision Circuits Software, interfacing with the Power Gear slide system control.

Old 09-06-2018, 02:50 PM   #7

Call precision Plex and ask where it ties into the system as those are mislabled or miswired. Don’t have the coach at the house to look at it for you

2018 Isata 5 DS
Old 09-06-2018, 02:57 PM   #8

I do not use the black 2 button pad when operating equipment I can not see.

Since the dealer could not fix the Precision Panel I have been talking to Dynamax support. I replaced the panel and nothing changed- still wrong labeled(?) or wrong cabled. Since the second panel acted the same I have to assume that the cables are wrong.
Old 09-06-2018, 03:21 PM   #9
Commercial Member

Yes, but my question is which cables. I did not have a 36DS I could look at, which is why I was asking....but I went and tracked one down to answer my own question.

You have two, black two-button switches. One is for the bedroom slide and one is for the living room slide. They are stacked, one above the other in the living room tower. What I was not sure of, is if they are labeled. So what I wanted to know, is did the living room 2-button switch operate the living room or bedroom. That would tell us if the multiplex cabling was reversed OR the Power Gear switch was reversed.

At least on the one I tracked down, the switches are NOT labeled. So there is no way for you to know which one is for the bedroom and which one is for the living room.

Knowing that, the best case scenario is to find out where the multiplex ties into the Power Gear Switch and change that. All the multiplex does...is send a signal TO the power gear switch so that it acts like you are pressing the buttons.

If you start unplugging wires from the PG controller or the PG switches I fear that you would lose some programming and/or slide stop settings adding further complexity.

What I am suggesting is by swapping the multiplex signal wires...so that when you push the living room icon, it will "activate this switch instead of that switch".

Those connections I KNOW are made at the back of the fuse panel. However the other end, might be easier to get to than the back of that panel. The "touch Panel" is nothing more than another interface for what is going on at the Brain/fuse panel. Which is just another interface for what is happening at the black two-button switch.

Old 09-06-2018, 04:26 PM   #10

So, where is the Power Gear Switch- I know where the Inverter is, originally had a problem, I know where the fuse panel is, it originally had a problem. I know where the Precision Monitor/control panel is; but a Power Gear Switch is hidden somewhere other then where I've looked- I even crawled around under it.

Googling, I find Power Gear Switches for RV's- the actual electric motor that moves it?

The fuse panel is under the bed, I can't open bed room slider- I'll look at it tomorrow- camping close to house and still internet!

Again I hear the words: Don't take it unless it's 100%- mine wasn't close.
Old 09-07-2018, 07:02 AM   #11

The Two power gear switches are on the front control panel (same panel as AC)

2018 Isata 5 DS
Old 09-07-2018, 08:24 AM   #12
Commercial Member

The power gear switch is the black two-button switch. Not hidden...those are the ones on the tower.

OK, so I got this back from engineering.

"Attached is a picture of the electrical compartment, there should be two slide modules and to each module there will be a two wire connector that needs to be flipped"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Isata-5 36DS SO Module.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	185669  

Old 09-09-2018, 03:12 PM   #13

For the Isata 5 slides, the best scenario is to extend the slides with the truck engine running. This provides the most power and least stress on the system.

2018 Isata 5 DS
Old 09-09-2018, 03:13 PM   #14

For the Isata 5 slides, the best scenario is to extend the slides with the truck engine running. This provides the most power and least stress on the system and eliminates the possibility of a low voltage error.

2018 Isata 5 DS
Old 09-10-2018, 02:56 PM   #15

Slider control fixed!

Thanks Brian, I switched the cables and now the bedroom button operates the bedroom sliders

Also, another question, I searched the archive and couldn't find old article on opening the sliders. When I open sliders, I use the phone app, I press it once- it beeps, I press it and hold to move the slider. I though someone said they just press the button once? I think the 2 switch slider control panel does the same thing?

Maybe I need to program something to do this?

Still learning how to operate the RV. Thanks.
Old 09-10-2018, 02:59 PM   #16
Commercial Member

nope...all of them are press and hold. The only thing that goes out all the way with one tap is the awning. One tap, is auto. If you press and hold it is in manual and will stop when you release.

Old 09-10-2018, 03:11 PM   #17

Maybe I got them mixed up- I haven't used the awning too much- so next opportunity, thanks again.

Tags
slide