Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2018, 06:59 PM   #1

Isata 5 DS Video Switch

Does anyone know where the video switch is. I was told under carpet and panel between seats; but just a RAM module. I'm trying to get the camera system working.
Wrangler4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 09:50 AM   #2
Commercial Member

sorry...I was getting the modules mixed up. The turn/stop signals come from a module below the center plate. The video switcher is behind the center console bottom part.

At the very bottom of the dash radio there is a plastic shroud that pulls out. It is behind that shroud.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 03:32 PM   #3

Video switch found and

I found the video switch and the black video output(?) plug, was lose, it's the plug on right side of the switch. I jiggled it a few times and now I have rear video. I left the front panel off to give access to the switch, guessing it'll come lose again- till I figure out something to lock it down.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Video Switch.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	310.0 KB
ID:	182576

Thanks again Brian, these little things can be annoying.
Wrangler4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 03:44 PM   #4
Commercial Member

No worries, glad I could help. Its even more annoying when you have to wait 6 4 weeks to get into a dealer and they have it for a month. So if I can help get these little ones, I am glad to do it.

I will say...see if you can push in hard on that cable and does it snap? I had this on my home subwoofer. I always thought they just friction fit, metal into plastic....but when I had one loose, I thought it was the wrong fitting. They said "you're not pushing hard enough" so I pushed beyond what I thought was "IN" and I felt a snap. It was then in securely....or broken, but it wedged itself in so tight I never had a sub issue after.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 03:46 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrangler4X4 View Post
I found the video switch and the black video output(?) plug, was lose, it's the plug on right side of the switch. I jiggled it a few times and now I have rear video. I left the front panel off to give access to the switch, guessing it'll come lose again- till I figure out something to lock it down.

Attachment 182576

Thanks again Brian, these little things can be annoying.
From the photo it looks like the width of the plastic cover may be pushing on the plug next to it? If that's the case trim some off so they line up better and maybe more snug?
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
switch