Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2021, 01:44 PM   #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
We had this fixed before last year...In the first pic, it slopes down before that flatter spot, so that gets the momentum going but not nearly the margin of error that the 2nd pic has. We were able to raise the fill even more to mimic another floor plan, by going through the rail.

It's the low "dip" right before the tank that was causing us issues. We would get it all set and then the electrical guys were taking it loose or moving it to run wires.
Slope helps like you say but the problem on mine was really the flexible hose near the tank, it was long enough that it had a dip in it becoming a sort of 'P' trap and I suspect was not allowing air to come back out of the tank as you filled it. The other mistake I was making was leaving the GenSet running and or the engine running. With the fuel pump design of the RAM supplying constant pressure regardless of fuel demand the fuel excess return line coupled with trying to fill the tank was simply causing too much full to be pumped into the tank at one time. I've never had a problem since, not even when filling with the large high speed truck stop pumps. And this is really a minor problem of the thousands you'd have to consider when designing and building these very complex rigs. I can imagine the electrical stuff is far more complicated.
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel