Old 05-24-2018, 02:10 PM   #1

Isata 5 - Mystery wires

Getting the Isata 5 30FW ready for our trip prior to leaving for the Rally and discovered wires (3) under the driver's seat that weren't plugged into anything. Anyone know what they are for and if I need to connect them all together or leave them alone?

Steven and Kari Garland
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	seat.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	354.4 KB
ID:	173180  

steven2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 02:44 PM   #2
Phil Bell

Those connect to the auxiliary input (USB and plug) module that were installed in the original center console in the Ram 5500. The wires go to and are connected by harness to the 8.4n radio. My module was in the glove box and I just reconnected it for use.

I5PhilGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 08:58 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven2083 View Post
Getting the Isata 5 30FW ready for our trip prior to leaving for the Rally and discovered wires (3) under the driver's seat that weren't plugged into anything. Anyone know what they are for and if I need to connect them all together or leave them alone?

Steven and Kari Garland
I asked my dealer and was told they were there when the truck was built and was to be used as a normal truck. They are not used now and we just used zip ties to mount them under the seat out of the way.
Old 05-27-2018, 10:24 PM   #4

I noticed the same thing in my Isata 5.
Found the harness in glove box and plugged it in.
It was unplugged by Dynamax when the center console was removed.
USB and Aux plug. Ran it under the driver seat to the rear of the seat and will build a small bracket to hold it.
Also found the air bag plug under the passenger seat was unplugged.
Jake and Molly
Isata 5
jacksonR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 11:49 PM   #5

my oh my

more posts I read, the more inclined I am to cancel my 5 order. With so many being built is QC dropping that bad. Death of a business is social media/internet.
dannko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 05:07 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannko View Post
more posts I read, the more inclined I am to cancel my 5 order. With so many being built is QC dropping that bad. Death of a business is social media/internet.
It is disappointing to read about these issues. We have had our Isata 5 since September and are still working through a few concerns. DH left at 5:00 a.m. headed to the dealer. Yes, it is frustrating. To date, our experience is that the positives far outweigh the negatives.
Old 05-30-2018, 09:51 AM   #7
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonR View Post
It was unplugged by Dynamax when the center console was removed.

Isata 5
We don't remove the center console. The units ship without them, so you can blame Dodge for removing the center console.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 12:51 PM   #8
Phil Bell

[QUOTE=bclemens;1825255]We don't remove the center console. The units ship without them, so you can blame Dodge for removing the center console.

Mr. Clemens, I sure don't blame anyone for removal of the console, it would be impossible for use to move back and forth from the front to the back of the coach with it installed. I just appreciate Dodge and Dynamax leaving the 8.4 radio auxiliary input hardware so I could re-install it and use it. It's kinda like Christmas when you find something you didn't know you had!

Phil
2018 Isata 5 36DS 4x4
I5PhilGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 10:20 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannko View Post

100% agree with the social media comment! In my case I firmly believe the coach was rushed for the Hersey show. The dealer was originally surprised to see it there. When we discussed pricing the week before the salesperson told me not to expect it for 4-6 weeks, they did have a DS coming in but would have to wait for the bunk model.

Another instance of "rushing" is the wires running over the top of the furnace under the fridge. When I first saw it I was like " that's crappy" upon further inspection I found the wires starting to discolor and distort from the heat coming off the box. Now the dealer corrected it but even they had no words.

vrunner is online now   Reply With Quote