Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2016, 09:55 AM   #1

Isata 5 no hot water at all

Went to have a shower this morning and there is no hot water at all. Ran the water for a full 5 minutes and nothing. I reset all the breakers and wanted to check the fuses but the multiplex display is just all boxes. It's like the contrast is too high or something. I can see text when I look from the top at an angle but it's not words, just characters. Any one have any idea how to check the hot water heater and how to make the multiplex display readable?

I have a couple of pictures to show the display
Go Gators
Rrzasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 10:02 AM   #2

Have you tried the water heater on propane? I have no idea about your display
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 10:06 AM   #3

I hope this is a link to the picture.
Go Gators
Old 10-02-2016, 03:18 PM   #4

Jumper the switch with hose through cover door if it's Atwood junky on demand
fred555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 08:26 AM   #5
Commercial Member

Rob, I have attached the Precision Plex Owner's Manual that should help with troubleshooting your system. If you need further help, shoot me a DM with your contact information and I'll get you in touch with someone who has more extensive knowledge on the system.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Precision-Plex-Owners-Manual.pdf (738.8 KB, 57 views)
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
zgipson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 09:04 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgipson View Post
Rob, I have attached the Precision Plex Owner's Manual that should help with troubleshooting your system. If you need further help, shoot me a DM with your contact information and I'll get you in touch with someone who has more extensive knowledge on the system.
Thanks, just sent you a DM with my contact info.
Go Gators
Old 10-03-2016, 12:23 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Rob, got your info. Your Precision Plex information panel can be reset which should make it legible again. To do so, disconnect the coach power (this is done by turning the red knob above the batteries in the battery bay behind the driver side door). Let the coach sit for a few minutes then turn it back on.

As for the water heater, if it is not already, you will need to turn it on via the Precision Plex control panel. It should be located under "Appliances" with a little fire symbol. It should be toggled on.

Let me know if that helps!
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Old 10-03-2016, 01:01 PM   #8

That solved the display issue, I can read it now. I checked and the fuse shows good for the water heater. I noticed that in the instruction you posted, it shows version 1.23X, my display shows version 1.20D. I only have four options (fuse status, input monitor, screen control and wireslees set-up)

J11-12 WtrHtr Flt shows low just like in the guide. I toggled the water heater on, on the touch panel and still no hot water out the bathroom spigot.
Go Gators
Old 10-03-2016, 02:20 PM   #9
Commercial Member

Alright, good. One step at a time! Is the toggle on the water heater itself on "On" or on "Eco"?
Old 10-03-2016, 02:22 PM   #10

Quote:
Alright, good. One step at a time! Is the toggle on the water heater itself on "On" or on "Eco"?
Where is the water heater, I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find it.
Go Gators
Old 10-03-2016, 03:25 PM   #11
Commercial Member

The water heater is on the outside of the coach. There is a removable panel that will give you access to the guts of it. For the Truma AquaGo, which I believe you have, On the Right hand side there will be a rocker level with "Eco", "Off", and "On" positions.
Old 10-03-2016, 03:45 PM   #12

Quote:
The water heater is on the outside of the coach. There is a removable panel that will give you access to the guts of it. For the Truma AquaGo, which I believe you have, On the Right hand side there will be a rocker level with "Eco", "Off", and "On" positions.
Mine is located on the driver's side, accessible from the outside but it's an Atwood:

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/...psaqe2zxnw.jpg
Go Gators
Old 10-03-2016, 03:46 PM   #13

Go Gators
Old 10-03-2016, 03:53 PM   #14
Commercial Member

The Atwood requires a minimum flow rate. Turn the hot water on the kitchen faucet only and maybe the sink...to see if you can get the flow rate to activate.

If that gets you hot water, then it is flow. On the shower...where the faucet is, there is a restrictor plate put in. Unscrew the hose from the faucet, pull that plate to increase the flow to the shower.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 03:57 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred555 View Post
Jumper the switch with hose through cover door if it's Atwood junky on demand
Thank you Fred, Just did as you suggested and Viola - Hot Water

Now zgipson, how do I get a replacement switch?
Go Gators
Old 10-03-2016, 04:06 PM   #16
Commercial Member

Atwood is the best bet...they have parts on hand and can send direct.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 04:11 PM   #17
Commercial Member

Sorry about that Rob, I shouldn't have assumed what water heater you had!
Old 10-03-2016, 04:15 PM   #18

No problems, just glad we could figure out the problem. Still haven't heard back from my dealer regarding the problem. Sure glad everyone here is so helpful.

I'm sure they have a warranty replacement program. What info do I have to give them so they can get the part out to me under warranty?
Go Gators
Old 10-03-2016, 10:07 PM   #19

We were having issues with our Atwood water heater not staying constant in our ISATA 5. It would go scolding and then try to turn it down it would go cold. We found out it need good flow of water to keep the water heater going. Someone suggested removing the water restrictor which is located in the shower head to get more of a water flow. Ever since we have had no issues with our water heater.
kaulick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 03:18 PM   #20

Well tried to use the hot water this weekend and no dice. Even with the jumper in it would not heat up. I could hear chattering like a relay was trying to close but the igniter would not fire. I didn't smell any gas so it would seem like the heater was not getting gas. I thought maybe it was not getting enough water pressure so I added a pressure gauge inline (with a T-fitting) to see what water pressure was coming off the pump. The pump says 55 PSI but the best I saw on the gauge was 44 PSI. Not sure if PSI is an issue with this heater but should the pressure not be 55 PSI as written on the label on the pump?

I dropped it off at the dealers this afternoon and hopefully they'll have it back to me by Thursday so I can head down to Fort Wilderness for 7 nights.
Go Gators

Tags
hot water, water