Old 10-03-2016, 04:25 PM   #11
Commercial Member

The water heater is on the outside of the coach. There is a removable panel that will give you access to the guts of it. For the Truma AquaGo, which I believe you have, On the Right hand side there will be a rocker level with "Eco", "Off", and "On" positions.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
zgipson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 04:45 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgipson View Post
The water heater is on the outside of the coach. There is a removable panel that will give you access to the guts of it. For the Truma AquaGo, which I believe you have, On the Right hand side there will be a rocker level with "Eco", "Off", and "On" positions.
Mine is located on the driver's side, accessible from the outside but it's an Atwood:

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/...psaqe2zxnw.jpg

Rrzasa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 04:46 PM   #13

Old 10-03-2016, 04:53 PM   #14
GM

The Atwood requires a minimum flow rate. Turn the hot water on the kitchen faucet only and maybe the sink...to see if you can get the flow rate to activate.

If that gets you hot water, then it is flow. On the shower...where the faucet is, there is a restrictor plate put in. Unscrew the hose from the faucet, pull that plate to increase the flow to the shower.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 04:57 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred555 View Post
Jumper the switch with hose through cover door if it's Atwood junky on demand
Thank you Fred, Just did as you suggested and Viola - Hot Water

Now zgipson, how do I get a replacement switch?
Old 10-03-2016, 05:06 PM   #16
GM

Atwood is the best bet...they have parts on hand and can send direct.
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 05:11 PM   #17
Commercial Member

Sorry about that Rob, I shouldn't have assumed what water heater you had!
zgipson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 05:15 PM   #18

No problems, just glad we could figure out the problem. Still haven't heard back from my dealer regarding the problem. Sure glad everyone here is so helpful.

I'm sure they have a warranty replacement program. What info do I have to give them so they can get the part out to me under warranty?
Old 10-03-2016, 11:07 PM   #19

We were having issues with our Atwood water heater not staying constant in our ISATA 5. It would go scolding and then try to turn it down it would go cold. We found out it need good flow of water to keep the water heater going. Someone suggested removing the water restrictor which is located in the shower head to get more of a water flow. Ever since we have had no issues with our water heater.
Old 10-17-2016, 04:18 PM   #20

Well tried to use the hot water this weekend and no dice. Even with the jumper in it would not heat up. I could hear chattering like a relay was trying to close but the igniter would not fire. I didn't smell any gas so it would seem like the heater was not getting gas. I thought maybe it was not getting enough water pressure so I added a pressure gauge inline (with a T-fitting) to see what water pressure was coming off the pump. The pump says 55 PSI but the best I saw on the gauge was 44 PSI. Not sure if PSI is an issue with this heater but should the pressure not be 55 PSI as written on the label on the pump?

I dropped it off at the dealers this afternoon and hopefully they'll have it back to me by Thursday so I can head down to Fort Wilderness for 7 nights.

Tags
hot water, water