Old 10-01-2016, 10:55 AM   #1

Isata 5 no hot water at all

Went to have a shower this morning and there is no hot water at all. Ran the water for a full 5 minutes and nothing. I reset all the breakers and wanted to check the fuses but the multiplex display is just all boxes. It's like the contrast is too high or something. I can see text when I look from the top at an angle but it's not words, just characters. Any one have any idea how to check the hot water heater and how to make the multiplex display readable?

I have a couple of pictures to show the display

Rrzasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 11:02 AM   #2

Have you tried the water heater on propane? I have no idea about your display

2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 11:06 AM   #3

I hope this is a link to the picture.
Old 10-02-2016, 04:18 PM   #4

Jumper the switch with hose through cover door if it's Atwood junky on demand
Old 10-03-2016, 09:26 AM   #5
Commercial Member

Rob, I have attached the Precision Plex Owner's Manual that should help with troubleshooting your system. If you need further help, shoot me a DM with your contact information and I'll get you in touch with someone who has more extensive knowledge on the system.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Precision-Plex-Owners-Manual.pdf (738.8 KB, 18 views)
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
zgipson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 10:04 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgipson View Post
Rob, I have attached the Precision Plex Owner's Manual that should help with troubleshooting your system. If you need further help, shoot me a DM with your contact information and I'll get you in touch with someone who has more extensive knowledge on the system.
Thanks, just sent you a DM with my contact info.
Old 10-03-2016, 01:23 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Rob, got your info. Your Precision Plex information panel can be reset which should make it legible again. To do so, disconnect the coach power (this is done by turning the red knob above the batteries in the battery bay behind the driver side door). Let the coach sit for a few minutes then turn it back on.

As for the water heater, if it is not already, you will need to turn it on via the Precision Plex control panel. It should be located under "Appliances" with a little fire symbol. It should be toggled on.

Let me know if that helps!
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Old 10-03-2016, 02:01 PM   #8

That solved the display issue, I can read it now. I checked and the fuse shows good for the water heater. I noticed that in the instruction you posted, it shows version 1.23X, my display shows version 1.20D. I only have four options (fuse status, input monitor, screen control and wireslees set-up)

J11-12 WtrHtr Flt shows low just like in the guide. I toggled the water heater on, on the touch panel and still no hot water out the bathroom spigot.
Old 10-03-2016, 03:20 PM   #9
Commercial Member

Alright, good. One step at a time! Is the toggle on the water heater itself on "On" or on "Eco"?
Old 10-03-2016, 03:22 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgipson View Post
Alright, good. One step at a time! Is the toggle on the water heater itself on "On" or on "Eco"?
Where is the water heater, I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find it.

Tags
hot water, water