Old 10-04-2016, 10:00 AM   #11

Kaulick,
Thanks for your reply. This was my first post on this forum. I'm still planning on buying either a Force or Isata 5.

I'm not surprised and I'm happy that you had a good trip, that you had room for everything. One of the reasons I have been seriously considering an Isata 5 is that I'm very familiar with the Ram 3500 and have a lot of respect for it.

I am hoping someone will post the actual OCCC number for their coach.

Before I posted, I had talked to a couple of dealers and the Isata 5's on their lots were still around occc of 1500 lbs. I also spoke to someone at the factory and they said that with whatever changes they were making, as recently as last month of September 2016, they would not get anywhere close to occc 3,000 lbs for the Isata 5, which sounds inconsistent with the representations of some of the salesmen you spoke with (why am I not surprised?).

If this sounds disrespectful to you, it isn't, but I want to actually confirm the posted occc number off one of the coaches.

Personally, I would weigh my fully loaded coach to confirm I was within the occc guidelines, should I buy an Isata 5 one and take a trip. Actually, I would do that with any coach I owned.

My assumption, that hasn't been changed at this point, is that if I were to buy an Isata 5, I'm going to have to find a way to tow some stored items behind me to stay within the occc guidelines.

Old 10-04-2016, 10:54 AM   #12

No disrespect at all. My ISATA 5 has been in the shop for a few days getting some minor warranty work done on it or I would've looked to get you the posted number. Just going off what I was told when the original prototype debut last October 15. We do flat tow behind the RV and use the car for storage as well. When we travel there is 3 of us, 2 adults and 1 child and again we leave the fresh water empty (So far since every campground we have stayed at had a fill station.)

You can't beat the Dodge chassis with the Cummings engine and the 6 speed trans. You have me thinking now and might take it to a way station the next time we are loaded up to see where we are at.

Old 10-04-2016, 11:32 AM   #13
GM

There is no way to get anywhere close to 3500lbs of CCC on a 36' unit.

The typical goal for any chassis is 10%.

If you need to get 3500lbs of CCC, your only option is the M2 chassis. (Force and up). If we build a 30' Isata 5 (which is on the table), you're probably 2500lbs...maybe a little more.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 11:45 AM   #14

Kaulick,
You probably know this, but after you verify your OCCC and your actual loaded weight on the scales, be sure you check both front and rear axle loaded weights to verify neither of the axles are overloaded. You can be within OCCC and have an overloaded axle.

Over in the Newmar forums, there was a big dust up a while back as owners of new model dp Newmar Dutch Stars discovered to their great amazement that it was easy to overload their front axles. Newmar eventually upgraded the front axles to respond to the problem and offer prospective owners an upgrade option.

Initially Newmar replied to the problem as being an owner issue from the viewpoint that it was assumed the owners would be towing storage. Because that presumption was not identified on their sales materials or contracts, it didn't wash very well with me...fitness for intended purpose/usage.
Old 10-04-2016, 11:57 AM   #15

Thanks bclemens,

Very useful information. I will focus on a Force. I want to tow an SUV behind me, but not worry about using it for storage.

Also appreciate the rule of thumb...first I've heard of this stat...I can use that info.

Possible I might tow a Ram 2500 behind me...

I have weight concerns because I will be bringing quite a few tools with me and heavy cooking utensils that will weigh up quickly.

Quality weighs up quickly.
Old 10-04-2016, 11:59 AM   #16

Brian what did the CCC go up to when you removed the back storage and all the granite dinette and other pieces that were in the demo model that was at the Pomona RV show last year?
Old 10-04-2016, 01:30 PM   #17
GM

The demo model did not have accurate weights. When FMCA asked for CCC, we gave them calculated weights for a production model, not a "one off" proto.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 07:04 PM   #18

We pulled a crew cab Ram 4x4 before with our Force, now we pull a Wrangler unlimited or a 25' enclosed trailer. Have not weighed it because I dont want to have to tell my parents they cant go with us. Lol.

2016 Dynamax Force. Just-Rite2
Old 10-04-2016, 08:23 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
We pulled a crew cab Ram 4x4 before with our Force, now we pull a Wrangler unlimited or a 25' enclosed trailer. Have not weighed it because I dont want to have to tell my parents they cant go with us. Lol.

What's ccc on the force?

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
Bring Back The Search!
Old 10-04-2016, 09:12 PM   #20

Isata 5 OCCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post

Whoops

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
Bring Back The Search!