Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2019, 09:13 AM   #21
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythplaced View Post
Brian, it might be a good idea to look at adjusting the warranty policy to "stop the warranty expiration clock" when a unit is in for warranty repairs that take over 1 month or so. When a unit spends X months unusable, that owner should get an Xmonth warranty extension. Isn't that reasonable?

We actually handle this on a case by case basis, because every situation is different.

So if someone has a minor issue and they know it needs parts, but they don't need the coach and they drop off early. How do you handle that? Then let's say they get a call and the coach is ready, but they don't pick up for another month? From a legal standpoint, many see out of service as "drop off to pick up". Even when that may not be the case.

The other thing is, we offer a 2 year warranty from the start. That way we're not trying to keep track of "well, it was done on the 1st and you didn't pick up up until the 10th, so really we should subtract 9 days from the...." How about we just double the warranty that 90% of OEM's offer and give you that much longer to work the bugs out....with no rush. Or, if there is an item that happens during the warranty period, just shoot us an email and we'll address it when its convenient, even if it is outside of the warranty period.

As long as you're willing to work with us, we're willing to work with you.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
Old 02-06-2019, 09:25 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post

This is our experience and the reason we chose Dynamax.
Old 02-06-2019, 09:47 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
We actually handle this on a case by case basis, because every situation is different.Or, if there is an item that happens during the warranty period, just shoot us an email and we'll address it when its convenient, even if it is outside of the warranty period.

That is exactly why we choose Dynamax!
Thank you, Brian.

Mike&Donna
2013 Dynaquest 390XL
On the dolly:
2012 Scion iQ (Inclement weather & grocery getter)
Old 02-06-2019, 05:16 PM   #24

What they all said!
Days camped 2021 = 25
Old 02-07-2019, 08:31 AM   #25

Adding time to the warranty would be a good gesture, as I'm sure I will need it.

Forest River has offered us up to 1000 cash for our trouble...we dont want the money, this has never been about the money.
The loaner from the dealer was a good gesture as well, but I pull a 6-7000 lb enclosed trailer now and then, so a 2wd Motorhome is no good to us on bad roads.

We have had to cancel travel plans this winter. I wish it was as easy as being patient and just waiting for FR and the dealer to work it out. When you are retired, you better make hay while the sun shines! Haha
I have 22 pages of repair orders, and have never been able to use it. None of this has been our fault.
I don't know what to do. Both Grove RV and Forest River have basically said, you own it, so live with it.
Old 02-10-2019, 08:57 AM   #26
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMIsata5 View Post
The first night we used it, the batteries went low enough that the multi function screen went blank and had to manually start the generator.
The first time using the shower, it leaked water from under the lower cover.
We cut the trip short and decided to return back to our home town. On the way home, one of the drawers flew open and broke out a piece of the wood cabinetry.........................
I know RVs have some snags, but is this normal? My wife now wants nothing to do with it and neither Forest River or the dealer wants no part of taking it back.
Quote:
I finally had Grove RV convinced that maybe we should get our money back and get in with life, but now they won't refund my 9000.00 in sales tax for a unit that we have never used.
What has this world come to that customers get run over by big business. It's just not right.
Quote:
Forest River has offered us up to 1000 cash for our trouble...we dont want the money, this has never been about the money.

The loaner from the dealer was a good gesture as well, but I pull a 6-7000 lb enclosed trailer now and then, so a 2wd Motorhome is no good to us on bad roads.

We have had to cancel travel plans this winter. I wish it was as easy as being patient and just waiting for FR and the dealer to work it out. When you are retired, you better make hay while the sun shines! Haha
I have 22 pages of repair orders, and have never been able to use it. None of this has been our fault.
I don't know what to do. Both Grove RV and Forest River have basically said, you own it, so live with it.

I am kinda confused by what seems to be contradicting statements. You stated the dealer offered you a full refund, but just not the sales tax. Was there anyway you possibly could have taken that up with your state/province sales tax office and gotten that money back from them?

You then state that it's never been about the money, but the sales tax money seems to have been the deal breaker above.

Just the fact the dealer offered you the sales price back (sans the sales tax) seems to appear to me that the dealer didn't tell you to just live with it.

I do understand your frustration, as we all want things to be exactly in working order for what we spend our money on. Hope it all works out for you in the end, but do want you to understand that your audience here may also see some contradictions.

Also to answer your question in your first post about snags, unfortunately some RV's do have them.

That is one of the main purposes of these forums, is to help one another solve (aka fix) these "snags" if possible. We are a DIY community. However when it becomes apparent there is no way the community here can solve a problem, that may be only solved by the dealer/manufacturer, you may need to be aware of this site guideline:

Customer Disputes: This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to solely vent frustrations about services, products, vendors, or sales. Please settle your differences with the seller, provider, manufacturer, or dealer through other means but not through our community

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 02-10-2019, 12:06 PM   #27

Quote:
Adding time to the warranty would be a good gesture, as I'm sure I will need it.

I am sorry that you are experiencing so many problems and I think that most people on here realize that we all have different expectations and that none of each of our problems should be minimized. I have quite a few problems with my 36 DS also. Most of us work very hard to be able to afford a “luxury” RV and any problem that isn’t easily or quickly fixed can be frustrating. You are lucky to be close enough to your purchasing dealer to have them work on it. And, for them to offer to buy it back from you is outstanding. It really seems like they care about you and the problems you are having. I have no real advice other than to say, do what is right for you and try to make decisions that you can live with. I wish I had your opportunities. My dealer offered to put it on their lot on consignment and would let me know when it sold. Not much of an option there, right?
Flat towing 2017 Buick Envision
Blue Ox tow equipment
Old 02-10-2019, 02:02 PM   #28

Are you done with RVing or you are going to another brand or Class?
Days camped 2021 = 25
Old 02-10-2019, 02:03 PM   #29

I meant to add, I've owned all but a 5ht wheel so I can offer my own experiences into different Classes and brands. We've owned 15 different rigs over the years.

Days camped 2021 = 25
Old 02-10-2019, 02:42 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
I am kinda confused by what seems to be contradicting statements. You stated the dealer offered you a full refund, but just not the sales tax. Was there anyway you possibly could have taken that up with your state/province sales tax office and gotten that money back from them?

You then state that it's never been about the money, but the sales tax money seems to have been the deal breaker above.

Just the fact the dealer offered you the sales price back (sans the sales tax) seems to appear to me that the dealer didn't tell you to just live with it.

I do understand your frustration, as we all want things to be exactly in working order for what we spend our money on. Hope it all works out for you in the end, but do want you to understand that your audience here may also see some contradictions.

Also to answer your question in your first post about snags, unfortunately some RV's do have them.

That is one of the main purposes of these forums, is to help one another solve (aka fix) these "snags" if possible. We are a DIY community. However when it becomes apparent there is no way the community here can solve a problem, that may be only solved by the dealer/manufacturer, you may need to be aware of this site guideline:

Customer Disputes: This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to solely vent frustrations about services, products, vendors, or sales. Please settle your differences with the seller, provider, manufacturer, or dealer through other means but not through our community
Businesses in Canada are tax collectors for the federal Gov. On a refund, they can simply claim the tax back from the gov. I know...I have had multiple businesses.
It's not about the money, but throwing away 10 grand when we never used it is a tough pill to swallow.
It's about doing the right thing, and if the right thing is refunding our purchase price, then follow through.

I will try to stop whining now. I would love to talk to everyone on this sight about my positive experiences, and contribute to other issues, but well....
Old 02-10-2019, 04:27 PM   #31
Site Team

Quote:
Businesses in Canada are tax collectors for the federal Gov. On a refund, they can simply claim the tax back from the gov. I know...I have had multiple businesses.
It's not about the money, but throwing away 10 grand when we never used it is a tough pill to swallow.
It's about doing the right thing, and if the right thing is refunding our purchase price, then follow through.

I will try to stop whining now. I would love to talk to everyone on this sight about my positive experiences, and contribute to other issues, but well....
Gotcha, so if I am understanding correct, then the right thing where you are concerned is for the dealer to refund the purchase price... along with the sales tax paid to the province.......and not necessarily repairing the items

If that is the answer, then there is really not a thing that the DIY community here can do to help or aid in this particular situation. It is strictly between you and the dealer/manufacturer....and thus circles back the customer/vendor dispute guideline.

It's probably going to be best to just close this thread before others perhaps pile on with things not conducive to you and the dealer finding a resolution. It's all outside the purpose or scope of these forums. Hope it all works out.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 02-10-2019, 05:05 PM   #32

Quote:
We bought our brand new 2019 I5 in Aug and before we got it home, the toilet paper holder was on the floor and one of the blinds had fallen down.
The tech that did the PDI explained to me when I picked it up that the pullout legs were too short, so he crafted up some wooden blocks in case we needed to use it.
The first night we used it, the batteries went low enough that the multi function screen went blank and had to manually start the generator.
The first time using the shower, it leaked water from under the lower cover.
We cut the trip short and decided to return back to our home town. On the way home, one of the drawers flew open and broke out a piece of the wood cabinetry.

Once we were home, I tried to open the slide and it would not work. We called the dealer, and booked it in to get the repairs done at end of September.

We were called to inform us that the harness had failed and the multi function screen should be moved to remedy the problem.

The bathroom door was also not mounted correctly, the staples used on the walls were not covered properly, and numerous screws used were stripped out.

We were also informed that one of the outside speakers did not work and was being repaired.
We still do not have it back, and have had to change our plans to so some travelling this winter.
I know RVs have some snags, but is this normal? My wife now wants nothing to do with it and neither Forest River or the dealer wants no part of taking it back.

Really not sure what to do with our new "luxury" RV that we laid almost 200k for. (Cdn pricing)
Apparently you never ran across my postings. If you do, you may feel a little better. We went on vacation and haven't even touched it in over a month since getting back since we are so disgusted and in a conundrum of to keep or not to keep. While Dynamax has reached out, with water being exposed to the floor we asked for extended coach warranty and they have not responded twice.

Pretty sad to spend a lot of money and get such pain for it. Welcome to the club, there are a lot of happy members of this club but I wonder how many out there are not on the internet that we don't hear from.
Old 02-10-2019, 05:27 PM   #33
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannko View Post
While Dynamax has reached out, with water being exposed to the floor we asked for extended coach warranty and they have not responded twice.
I ask my guys about your rig daily. The last thing I heard from them was that they thought they needed to send a certified letter. While you had been responding early on, you had gone dark and they had not heard from you in some time despite repeated calls (possible emails too, but I’m not 100% sure as I am not in the office). Is the contact information still correct?

When was the last time you spoke with anyone?

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
Old 02-15-2019, 05:17 PM   #34
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
It's probably going to be best to just close this thread before others perhaps pile on with things not conducive to you and the dealer finding a resolution. It's all outside the purpose or scope of these forums. Hope it all works out.
As per post #31, this thread is being closed for the reasons stated above.

We may move all of todays posts to their own thread somewhere.

On another note, the site guidelines have been tweaked recently and may be even more so. We may have an announcement of these changes shortly.

Closed Thread