Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2018, 07:17 PM   #21

Got a call from the dealer. They confirmed the windows are a problem and recommend replacing them. I told them to wait and not re order the same windows. Thanks for your help!
vrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 10:57 AM   #22

since you tow a Ram 1500, do you think then I could tow my 2017 F250 Super Duty 4x4 with no problem? I estimate the weight loaded at 8000#, don't want any undue stress on the drivetrain or to listen to whirring noises, I hate noises. Until we get a Jeep.
dannko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 11:22 PM   #23

Should pull it no problem. I had zero issues pulling 5500 lbs. the chassis is definitely up to the task. I am still working on finding out what the noise is... has become a finger pointing contest between the dealer, Dynamax, Ram and now MORryde... I am confident it something small and easily fixed, most likely the carrier bearing. Just need someone to step up and fix it.
Old 02-21-2018, 11:35 PM   #24
Commercial Member

I’m not sure it’s finger pointing, we’re just trying to figure out the best place to start.

The drive shaft spins the same at the same speed, and some of your description of when the noise stops, points away from the drive shaft. That then leaves a potential of exhaust harmonics. MORryde is leaning that way. I am leaning drive shaft, but with an aterisk. I talked about this today with a very good source. It could be, the torque created by the tow vehicle that is tilting the rear end, changing the geometry. So we might be able to alter the drive shaft a bit to take the sound away in a certain scenario, but it could still show up at a different speed/angle. The fact that adding throttle takes it away, sort of dispels that as well. In any event my last email to MORryde was pick one. They extend the exhaust and the drive shaft. So pick a local shop to start and start ruling them out.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 12:18 AM   #25

I appreciate the response. My biggest issue overall is my coach sitting at the dealer for 3 weeks and nothing has been fixed... nor have the leaks been diagnosed. I had to stop today to get gear out of it since we won't have it back next weekend. I was at least hopeful that the smaller issues would have been repaired... nope, nothing. Then I start asking what is the game plan. Jen shared MOR rides response then proceeded to tell me that she doesn't know what to do. That was followed up with the shop manager telling me that I may be told "that's just the noise it makes". Then to top everything off they told me the windows could take 6-8 weeks, but they don't know why and other parts are 2 weeks out though I was told that " two weeks" ago too. So overall it wasn't a good day.

It seems there are plenty of people with good intentions of solving the issues, the problem is no one is taking ownership and action.

I run a flooring installation business, about 60 million dollars a year goes through my 5 departments, 40 employees and 100 plus sub contractors. Believe me problems come up be it manufacture, employee, installer, homeowner, you name it. At the end of the day we all own the problem. I may have to replace or repair a job and then battle it out with a manufacture. I want the process to be seamless for my customer. I am expecting the same here.

So witnessing what I have so far I see a lot of people working in "silos" blaming others and inaction. I told them again today, show that you care. Fix what you can, expedite the parts, follow up, don't make me chase you down, be honest. Communication is key. I really shouldn't have to tell them this...

And yes, having worked on cars/trucks for 15 years I am very confident the issue is with MOR ride, it isn't an exhaust noise. It is most likely the drive shaft geometry/carrier bearing. Yes, torque will cause the issue based on load changes and gearing. Given the noise goes away with more throttle and isn't present in the lower gears it points directly to the carrier bearing area/ drive shaft be it the mounts or bearings themselves. If I was the mechanic I would have grabbed a few guys and threw a trailer or toad on the back and took it for a ride to confirm the issue.
Old 02-22-2018, 08:19 AM   #26
Commercial Member

I'm never sure where they get their lead times, but I will have all of my people in the same room today and will have firm answers and the why's. Nothing should take us more than 2 weeks total.

Old 02-22-2018, 09:20 AM   #27

B, I'm starting to thing you might've made a good Navy Chief!
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 10:14 AM   #28
Commercial Member

I think their estimate to you was based on what they see from everyone else on windows. I hope that we are not everyone else and I did confirm that our window ETA is 2/28. I have asked them to go ahead and pull from the line so that we don't have to wait for the windows to arrive then add more delay waiting for us to ship. We will ship, then replace with what we have coming in.

Other than the shade which is due in on 3/2 (which should not prevent you from using the coach) everything else should be there next week.

Old 02-22-2018, 12:29 PM   #29

Thanks Brian! I assume you shared that with the dealer? I will call them later today as it has become obvious I will need to sit on them to get things done.

I guess I will hear back from you on the MOR ryde issue? Again, no confidence from the dealer. I did tell them I would be happy to speak to MOR ryde directly to better explain the issue.

On a separate note while standing behind the coach yesterday (it was parked next to another Isata 5) I noticed the back tail lights had silicone "gooped" around the frame of the lens where it meets the coach...not sure how I missed it before. The unit next to mine had nothing on it, there was another there in the shop, again with nothing on it. Any ideas? The mechanic had no clue other then it looked bad.
Old 02-22-2018, 01:18 PM   #30
Commercial Member

I did and asked them to reach out to me personally if there was anything on our end holding up repairs.

No ideas on the silicone as I think they are screwed in and gasket sealed...so we don't seal them.

Old 02-22-2018, 02:03 PM   #31

Ok, thanks. Is there someone in my area that deals with MOR ryde? Or are you waiting to hear from them?
Old 02-22-2018, 02:58 PM   #32
Commercial Member

a MORryde approved shop near you. I've asked them for a name.

Old 02-22-2018, 05:32 PM   #33

Awesome! Thanks!
Old 02-22-2018, 05:36 PM   #34
Commercial Member

It may not be end of today, the person I was dealing with is out sick. So might be in the morning.

Old 02-22-2018, 10:36 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrunner View Post
I appreciate the response. My biggest issue overall is my coach sitting at the dealer for 3 weeks and nothing has been fixed...
It seems there are plenty of people with good intentions of solving the issues, the problem is no one is taking ownership and action.

I run a flooring installation business, about 60 million dollars a year goes through my 5 departments, 40 employees and 100 plus sub contractors. Believe me problems come up be it manufacture, employee, installer, homeowner, you name it. At the end of the day we all own the problem. I may have to replace or repair a job and then battle it out with a manufacture. I want the process to be seamless for my customer. I am expecting the same here.

So witnessing what I have so far I see a lot of people working in "silos" blaming others and inaction. I told them again today, show that you care. Fix what you can, expedite the parts, follow up, don't make me chase you down, be honest. Communication is key. I really shouldn't have to tell them this...
When I first became a member of this site, these were all of the questions I had before I ordered a coach and I agree with you 100%. You run your business as I run mine and mine has ran pretty well with that attitude.

I was told " thats just the industry " and " I didn't need an RV " and my views are " idealistic ". Really???

Why would we think if we spend our hard earned money and our coach passes through the hands of a " Dealer ", ( and I use that term lightly ), who makes a really good profit just to deliver from the Manufacturer to us, our motorhome. Why in the world would we think they should take care of warranty issues or problems in a timely manner???

Well I will tell you why I would think that way!!! Because thats how I have earned my money and when I spend it, no matter how much or how little, I want what I paid for and it took care of. It was explained to me as the dealers are not franchised so they just can do what they want. Still cant get over that one but whatever I guess. If thats the case then why can we just not order from Dynamax and skip the " dealer "... Brians going to be the one trying to handle the problems and fix them anyway.

I could have had a motorhome 6 weeks ago but feel like I was forced to buy local and therefore had to order the thing and wait 6 months from a dealer who probably won't take care of it in the first place.

Its sad the business is what it is and the most help we can get on our Motorhomes has to come from the GM who has to take his spare time away from running the company to try and help us which he is on here multiple times daily trying to help. Its really appreciated Brian what you do my friend. None of this rant is directed at you or Dynamax but at the Industry.

Rant over...
The Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 11:30 PM   #36

Isata 5 pulling a toad and other misc questions

I guess the tough part is I have known the industry is this way but up to this point I never had any serious problems. Ironically I bought my Isata locally at the last minute vs traveling because I was convinced that having a local dealer for service would be best... honestly it is a viscous cycle, the unit leaves the factory with QC issues, the dealer doesn't spend the time needed to correct them, some issues are unknown till the unit is used, then the customer has to deal with the problems while the dealer and manufacture go back and forth... it is nice to have access to someone like Brian, but as you stated above this forum while helpful to us must be a huge distraction to someone in Brian's position. If I were Brian I would hire someone to just monitor this site along with others and be the point person to help address these issues with the dealers.
Old 02-23-2018, 09:24 AM   #37
Commercial Member

The issue is find someone who is well versed in all of the brands that we run, has been involved in the design and production of said brands so that they can answer the questions quickly in most cases (some cases needing a little investigation). It has to be someone that understands 12V, 110V, Audio/Video, Manuals, Purchasing, QC process, parts, standards and options, sales, lead times. The one guy who would probably know most of this is repairing units in the service department. We will slowly train the next guy, but frankly you have to have a sick level of curiosity to do this. I have a deep need to understand how things work. I can't explain it...but its like a puzzle. Everything has to fall in line in my head and if it does not...then its like an itch you can't scratch.

Old 02-24-2018, 10:32 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannko View Post
since you tow a Ram 1500, do you think then I could tow my 2017 F250 Super Duty 4x4 with no problem? I estimate the weight loaded at 8000#, don't want any undue stress on the drivetrain or to listen to whirring noises, I hate noises. Until we get a Jeep.
a little late on the response but, we had no trouble towing a ram 2500 which is over 7000# empty. Just make sure your supplemental brake system works. Scary going into an exit ramp with that much weight trying to push your back end off the ramp

Tags
toad