Old 05-29-2016, 12:25 PM   #1

ISATA 5 Tankless Water Heater

Is there a way to adjust the temperature on the Tankless Water Heater on the ISATA 5? Been having an issue finding a happy medium and figured if I could adjust the temp like the one in my home, I would set it at 105 degrees. Right now it is either to hot or to cold. Nothing in the middle.

Old 05-31-2016, 07:22 AM   #2
GM

Yes/No. The biggest issue is flow rate. There is a little magnetic flow sensor. it used to come on at about .5gpm, but they recently changed that to 1gpm. If there is not enough flow it does not go into "high" mode.

What they have told us, is that on single lever faucets too much cold is getting mixed in, which lowers the flow of hot. So if you can choke down the cold supply on the riser below the fixture you're talking about you will increase the amount of hot flow for better balance.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 09:39 AM   #3

Thank you! I will turn down the cold water supply and go.
Old 07-30-2016, 10:17 AM   #4
Love my Rev

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaulick View Post
Is there a way to adjust the temperature on the Tankless Water Heater on the ISATA 5? Been having an issue finding a happy medium and figured if I could adjust the temp like the one in my home, I would set it at 105 degrees. Right now it is either to hot or to cold. Nothing in the middle.
For a nice just " warm " shower I turned my modulater down to min. and only use the hot valve and it works great / but won't get any hotter for your sink dishes either ? - the drawback
Old 07-31-2016, 10:59 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve32409 View Post
For a nice just " warm " shower I turned my modulater down to min. and only use the hot valve and it works great / but won't get any hotter for your sink dishes either ? - the drawback

Is the modulater valve located on the tankless? Do I access it through the panel outside at the exhaust? Or in the cabinets in the bedroom? I am definitely going to turn mine down to min.
Old 07-31-2016, 02:16 PM   #6
Love my Rev

On my atwood model 90222

Old 07-31-2016, 02:29 PM   #7
Love my Rev

atwood water heater in Dynamax 2015 Rev 24rb

Old 07-31-2016, 08:41 PM   #8

Thank you. Going to try that out.
Old 08-17-2016, 10:36 AM   #9
Love my Rev

update on my tankless water heater

My out side hot water worked fine with what I had done and said , But ! Once we went again on small trip and used the inside shower - it was not working like the outside valve. The pump was still cycling on and off rapid fire and hot water was spotty . I just took off hose to shower and underneath the white plastic insert with very small hole ( put something small like tooth pick or tiny screwdriver into hole and pri up ) you can take this black rubber " part " out ( left picture ) and put back together and that fixed my pressure and hot water problem - again lol
Old 08-17-2016, 11:54 AM   #10

I will look into doing that. It looks as if your faucet in the shower is different than ours. Our shower is faucet is a a one piece where you switch it from hot to cold and try to find a happy medium. I did see on Atwood's website that the water heater has a recall. I have called several time, left a message and no one calls back. I guess they have poor customer service and probably why Dynamax is not longer installing them.

We are headed back out tomorrow for the weekend and will work on it then.

Tags
heater, tank, tankless, water, water heater