Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2016, 12:25 PM   #1

ISATA 5 Tankless Water Heater

Is there a way to adjust the temperature on the Tankless Water Heater on the ISATA 5? Been having an issue finding a happy medium and figured if I could adjust the temp like the one in my home, I would set it at 105 degrees. Right now it is either to hot or to cold. Nothing in the middle.
kaulick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 07:22 AM   #2
Commercial Member

Yes/No. The biggest issue is flow rate. There is a little magnetic flow sensor. it used to come on at about .5gpm, but they recently changed that to 1gpm. If there is not enough flow it does not go into "high" mode.

What they have told us, is that on single lever faucets too much cold is getting mixed in, which lowers the flow of hot. So if you can choke down the cold supply on the riser below the fixture you're talking about you will increase the amount of hot flow for better balance.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 09:39 AM   #3

Thank you! I will turn down the cold water supply and go.
Old 07-30-2016, 10:17 AM   #4
Love my Rev

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaulick View Post
Is there a way to adjust the temperature on the Tankless Water Heater on the ISATA 5? Been having an issue finding a happy medium and figured if I could adjust the temp like the one in my home, I would set it at 105 degrees. Right now it is either to hot or to cold. Nothing in the middle.
For a nice just " warm " shower I turned my modulater down to min. and only use the hot valve and it works great / but won't get any hotter for your sink dishes either ? - the drawback
steve32409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 10:59 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve32409 View Post
For a nice just " warm " shower I turned my modulater down to min. and only use the hot valve and it works great / but won't get any hotter for your sink dishes either ? - the drawback

Is the modulater valve located on the tankless? Do I access it through the panel outside at the exhaust? Or in the cabinets in the bedroom? I am definitely going to turn mine down to min.
Old 07-31-2016, 02:16 PM   #6
Love my Rev

On my atwood model 90222

Old 07-31-2016, 02:29 PM   #7
Love my Rev

atwood water heater in Dynamax 2015 Rev 24rb

Old 07-31-2016, 08:41 PM   #8

Thank you. Going to try that out.
Old 08-17-2016, 10:36 AM   #9
Love my Rev

update on my tankless water heater

My out side hot water worked fine with what I had done and said , But ! Once we went again on small trip and used the inside shower - it was not working like the outside valve. The pump was still cycling on and off rapid fire and hot water was spotty . I just took off hose to shower and underneath the white plastic insert with very small hole ( put something small like tooth pick or tiny screwdriver into hole and pri up ) you can take this black rubber " part " out ( left picture ) and put back together and that fixed my pressure and hot water problem - again lol
Old 08-17-2016, 11:54 AM   #10

I will look into doing that. It looks as if your faucet in the shower is different than ours. Our shower is faucet is a a one piece where you switch it from hot to cold and try to find a happy medium. I did see on Atwood's website that the water heater has a recall. I have called several time, left a message and no one calls back. I guess they have poor customer service and probably why Dynamax is not longer installing them.

We are headed back out tomorrow for the weekend and will work on it then.
Old 08-17-2016, 03:26 PM   #11
Love my Rev

i would guess that yours also has the black rubber " water saver " in the top too - a very easy fix to take out and try - will allow more water to flow
Old 08-17-2016, 07:32 PM   #12

Aargh. Our first time out and no hot water at all
DavidMort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 08:16 PM   #13
Love my Rev

probably a little different from mine but still should work the same/ propane on , heater switch on , ect . and from another post and this happened to mine alsoNumber one problem is black vent tube gets plugged remove it carefully and make sure nothing is in it. Also take tooth pick or pipe cleaner and clean out tube connection at pressure switch.
-
Old 08-19-2016, 07:15 PM   #14

Isata 5 tankless water heater

Thanks, all, for your helpful comments. So here's what we think happened and what we did. The pressure sensor that senses whether the exhaust fan is on was not working. Tried to clean out the atmospheric sense port but that didn't work. Was able to get how heater to turn on by bypassing the sensor. Will remove sensor and see if I can clean it and check to see if that does it. If not, will have to replace the part. When showering, hot water cut out after a few minutes. ?high temp cut off relay? Will try to track down after fixing the pressure sensor.
Also, was surprised to find out that the water level sensor is not analog....only has a few set points giving levels. When it hits 1/3, that was the last warning before going empty. The sensor for "full" level fell off the tank. What should I use to glue it back onto the tank?
Any help is welcome!
DavidMort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 08:28 AM   #15
Love my Rev

Like most of us do it yourselfers - the more you think about - read about - research how something is supposed to work , we usually get it figured out . For these tankless water heaters the biggest problem I think is just getting more flow through the the hot side ( for mine it was turning down the modulater valve , taking all out of the shower head and water valve that is meant to increase water pressure ) We only use the hot water side now and it works great and just stays warm ( the high temp cut off relay is not a problem now )
Old 09-09-2016, 05:25 PM   #16

Removed the water restrictor on our last outing and seems to be working good now. Thank you for the suggestion.

Tags
heater, tank, tankless, water, water heater