Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2017, 12:36 PM   #1

Isata3 T4 Satellite

Has anyone had any issues with the factory installed T4 SAT system?
We have a 24FW and I have been troubleshooting and have found the 12V switch on the wall doesn't have power, don't know where it comes from,or where it goes, and no fuses are marked SAT. any clues or areas to look for would be much appreciated.
Jlole76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 05:21 PM   #2
Commercial Member

The Sat switch or the power antenna booster switch?

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 05:23 PM   #3

SAT switch, booster works fine. Sat switch has no power to it
Old 05-28-2017, 05:31 PM   #4
Commercial Member

hmmm. Well, we have run those in motion on our big truck line for some time now. When we started offering it on the Isata 3 and 4 line, I know there was some growing pains as they learned to hook them up....but I thought that was actually not installing the switch.

So my first check would be fuses. If everything else is working except for that, I'd have to figure out where it is wired to and see if they know of anything they have seen.

Old 05-28-2017, 06:00 PM   #5

All fuses are in and working, the #2 fuse says it is a spare, but is installed, not sure what source the sat comes from or where it might splice?
Old 05-30-2017, 08:57 AM   #6
Commercial Member

Cab over bed or no cab over?

It may not matter, but production says it can be jumped from the house radio or the USB port in the entertainment center area. (for non-cab over)

Old 05-30-2017, 11:32 AM   #7

No cab over, ent center above cab, I'll take a look at the radio and USB, just tugging on the wires and looking behind tv seems the wire takes off into the wall but I may have missed a splice to radio or USB. Thanks
Old 06-01-2017, 09:14 AM   #8

I have the same floor plan. 2017 24fw. Mine had no switch or power wires when I received it. Factory sent me a switch. I was able to pull the USB receptacle in the cabinet above the cab and splice there for power, then fished the wires through so they came out where they were supposed to and connected to switch. If you have a switch at least you don't have to cut the hole in your paneling. Good luck.
V8vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 06:24 PM   #9

Thanks for the info,

V8vic did you use Direct Tv or Dish? wondering if you had any luck. I am trying to use Dish with no such luck, changed to switches to accept signal from dish and it never acquires anything.
Old 06-01-2017, 06:31 PM   #10

I use Dish Network. Asked dealer two Or three times if antenna would be set up for Dish and they assured me would. Turns out the dip switches came set for Direct TV. Had to get on the roof and set the switches for Dish. Works fine now. Did you find the power for the antenna ok?
Old 06-01-2017, 06:57 PM   #11

I found the power, I did the same thing you did, took it from the USB. Turns out the factory just ran a line straight from the SAT to the switch, they never stopped to power it up. I also had to change dip switches and Now when I turn everything on it never gets a signal. I hear the unit moving around but get nothing, very frustrating.
Old 06-01-2017, 07:56 PM   #12

Probably a dumb question but are you sure you have power to the antenna? It should make kind of a whirring noise. It's relatively loud, should be no problem hearing it while inside the coach as it searches.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:04 PM   #13

yes it does make noise now that I found power for it, Dish receiver doesn't find signal though. I am in a weird place for signal, but should still work, so we will be taking it to the beach this weekend where it should find whatever it wants. I am using the Wally receiver, think I should have just gone with the 211.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:12 PM   #14

We use the 211. Wish it was smaller but it does the job. I added a external drive which basically turns it into a dvr.

Tags
24fw, isata3, satellite, t4dish