Old 06-17-2018, 10:01 PM   #11

I feel fortunate as I posted earlier today we were out for 11 days the other week. 2018 Cherokee 304BS, 3 severe storms, all with hail and high winds. Hail came sideways on first storm. Couple small dings in trailer, but slides were dry with 50-60 mph winds hitting them. next two storms were the same, but hail was smaller, didn't last long, but winds were still 50-60 mph. Got hit on the entry door side twice and the opposite side once. The only drip of water came from the vent over the stove, as the wind was strong enough to blow the water into the outside vent cover and into the vent over the stove.

TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 09:08 AM   #12
GM

Yes, which floor plan?

Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 09:21 AM   #13

Itís a Ď17 Isata 3 bunk cab FW.

Normal steady rain, wipers werenít going too fast.

Slide retracted, it was dripping down from behind the trim that sits flush against the wall when extended.

Maybe they didnít set the stops correctly? The seals all looked properly compressed.

Everything else went fine and we had a great weekend.

2017 Isata 3
2008 Tahoe
1964 F100
slimetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 09:51 AM   #14
GM

If the seals were compressed it was likely not the case.

When the slide is coming in and out, I have seen the slide fascia flex. When it does that, I have seen the 45 degree angle cuts on the top of the outside slide fascia, open up a little. Behind that is the top slide room tube. If water gets inside that 45 degree angle cut...then it can ride the tube inside and then drop down the vertical tube on the inside edge...which would put it right about where you say. See if you can see inside that 45 degree angle and if so, add a little sealant in there. See if that helps.
Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 09:59 PM   #15

Leaked bad again yesterday when parked during a rain storm. I just put some sealer on the mitered corners. I hope that works, I donít want to go to my dealer for this - they are absolutely worthless.

2017 Isata 3
2008 Tahoe
1964 F100
Old 07-05-2018, 06:54 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimetime View Post
Leaked bad again yesterday when parked during a rain storm. I just put some sealer on the mitered corners. I hope that works, I donít want to go to my dealer for this - they are absolutely worthless.
Make an appointment at Elkhart. Greg in service will fix you up.
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 01:02 AM   #17

Going to have to do that.

Took it to my dealer 2 weeks ago ( their first available appointment) and their solution was to glob a mass of silicon below the toothed slide rail. When I asked why they did that when the leak is dripping both that point and 3 feet inboard, he said they saw daylight coming in there.

They reprogrammed my slide stops this spring and itís cinched too tight at the top when slide is in.

Oh yeah, rained on my way home from the dealer and it still leaked.

Iím very thankful for my indoor, climate controlled storage.

2017 Isata 3
2008 Tahoe
1964 F100
Old 08-23-2018, 01:28 AM   #18

I think I'll give my "no slides" trailer a hug next time I visit it.

tosh99 is offline   Reply With Quote