Old 05-15-2018, 11:44 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4XGLMPR View Post
Got home from a short trip and unhooked the Toad. Unhooked the tow bar and it slipped when i was carrying it. It slid down my paint in what seemed to be slow motion. I wont unhook that close again. Dont be me. ArmorAll wont fix this Attachment 171865
The day we were taking out old Capri TT to the dealer for trade I leaned one of the weigh bars against the front while I cranked the tongue up to meet the truck.
The jack fell off the blocks, rolling the TT forward and punching the bar through the front.
Dealer was great about it, talked to his guys about the fix and didn't penalize us for the damage.

1995 GMC Yukon Sport
1986 Jayco1016PUP
Days Camped:'13-10 '14-20 '15-6 '16-9 '17-14 '18-3
XenoRev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 12:28 PM   #22

Hey, that's minor league stuff. The stories from my rookie year would preclude me from insurance coverage whatsoever. It could be MUCH worse!

IICAPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 12:49 PM   #23

Send a message via AIM to letsgorving Send a message via MSN to letsgorving Send a message via Yahoo to letsgorving
Be gentle if u use magic eraser. That brick might take your finish off
Old 05-15-2018, 12:51 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
On the bright side; it ain't yours till you scratch it!

True that. I told my wife who was backing the truck we had before this one to keep going till it sounds expensive. She did. I
Old 05-15-2018, 01:06 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdJunior View Post
I did this same thing with a utility trailer. I was going to load up a scooter to take it and get a tire repaired, and somehow I missed the step where you make sure you secure the coupler latch. When the scooter hit the back of the trailer, it popped off the ball and pushed the trailer right in to the back of my truck. DOH!!

On the good side, whenever I hook up that trailer now, that image pops right up in my head. I will not miss that step again.
X2- Rushing, I forgot hitch pin was not in or wheels chocked and my utility trailer hitch went into the back of my SUV. I had to replace the entire hatch door on it.
I learned my expensive lesson also about always checking first.
mtnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 01:12 PM   #26
Out of Order

Polishing compound

I have had incredible luck with polishing compound for small scratches like that. NOT rubbing compound...that's too abrasive.
todtc318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 01:17 PM   #27

Reminds me of my first summer with a brand new boat, backed it into a mailbox and put a nice gouge in the gel coat. I left it that way as a reminder...owned that boat for ten years and it still had that gouge when I sold it.
latner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 02:05 PM   #28

Me Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdJunior View Post
I did this same thing with a utility trailer. I was going to load up a scooter to take it and get a tire repaired, and somehow I missed the step where you make sure you secure the coupler latch. When the scooter hit the back of the trailer, it popped off the ball and pushed the trailer right in to the back of my truck. DOH!!

On the good side, whenever I hook up that trailer now, that image pops right up in my head. I will not miss that step again.

I did exactly that about 10 yrs ago, loading a powered utility cart, lesson learned and NEVER forgotten.

Cheers

amblt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 03:07 PM   #29

If your paint is clear coated and the scratch is in just the clear, it will buff out. Maybe a light 4000 wet sand in that area then a buff out. My Hot Rod got side swiped and my detailer tool most of the marks out. I know where they were but you wont see them on mine. Just a thought.
Old 05-15-2018, 06:11 PM   #30
Bene Gesserit Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4XGLMPR View Post
Just barely scratched the fiberglass. I took it to several paint shops within 30 minutes of doing it but unfortunately not many people want to work on large motorhomes. Waiting on a few phone calls as we speak. I was going to try to just put some touch-up on it until I can get it in and get it handled professionally. Not sure what touch-up to use. Guess I need to do some research.
The guys who do repairs on fridge trucks and semis are the ones to go to. They have the right paint type and are really good at matching colors. It might surprise you how cheap it can be too. Experience talking here.

Murbella7 is offline   Reply With Quote