Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2018, 08:47 AM   #1

Just thought I'd introduce myself...

Morning, I've been a lurker for a few months and now that I have a few moments, I thought I'd sign up and say hi. Hi!

My name is Mark Mahoney and we purchased a 2018 DX3 37RB back in December. They say you should always buy your 3rd RV first. Well, I guess it's true. We started off about 3-4 years ago with a custom aluminum car hauler built to haul our Rzr side by side from Charlotte, NC to Huntsville, TN every few weeks.

It had it's share of problems and we immediately had another one built. It was great but the wife decided it was wasn't frew frew enough.

Tow 5th wheels later (second was a Voltage and was flawless), we traded that in for a Newmar Ventana diesel pusher. 43'.

Now, I'm not naive, I understand that at the end of day, all RV's are rolling turds, you can't take a mobile home 80 mph down a highway and expect everything to work constantly... I get it but that Newmar spent more time the shop than in my storage lot.

That damn thing let me down one time too many and on the way home from TN, I stopped at dealership and fell in love with a Force. After much deciding, we decided on a our present DX3 which we love.

It's had it's fair share of problems that should have been fixed correctly at the dealer and though it's taken a few months (and still not completely done), it's 99% finished and I couldn't be happier.

What made me finally sign up is I got a chuckle out of a thread that someone posted saying something about spotting another Dynamax. We've got 4K miles on it since the beginning of the new year and have yet to see one other Force, DX3 or not even a handful of Super C RV's on the road period.

About two weeks ago, I picked up a custom enclosed 24' trailer. I say custom because I had it made 12' tall to match the height of the RV and special drive over ramps over the fenders to carry my Jeep. (don't like to flat pull the Jeep. 2017 JKU with 38's and a 6.4 liter SRT engine)

In one week, it goes to get wrapped to match the RV and in 2 days, I'm dropping it of to have a rear camera mounted on the trailer and wired to the dash along with glow lights in orange under both sides of the RV and trailer.

So far we love the RV... had a few run-ins with Dynamax but at the end of the day, they made it right and for the first time in a long time, I can enjoy our RV.

As expensive as these are, I was a little disappointed with a few things. My Newmar had an electric shade that came down over the front window. Dynamax decided that stick on suction cups with a metal reflective screen would be appropriate for a $250K to block light in the front windows and side windows. We ended up installing a track that goes immediately behind the front seats and can be drawn back as needed.

A few chintzy things like that but overall, great vehicle, I don't regret getting it.

Well, that may be a little more info than necc. for an introduction but I hope I'm able to give back to the forum what I've already learned!

Thanks,

Mark

I've attached a few pics of the last RV and the current one with what we play with.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0366.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	289.4 KB
ID:	167520   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9764.JPG
Views:	128
Size:	318.0 KB
ID:	167521   Click image for larger version

Name:	RV.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	513.4 KB
ID:	167522   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0356.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	161.0 KB
ID:	167523  
Orangecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 08:50 AM   #2

Nice looking set up, make sure you post a new picture when everything is a matched up!!!
dblr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 08:53 AM   #3

I forgot to mention about the thread that "where did you spot a Dynamax". So in 4 months, we haven't seen a one, nada, zilch, nothing.

About 2-3 weeks ago we had to drive up from FL and stopped in GA to pick up our new enclosed trailer. After we got back on the road, we came to a 4 way stop sign and what was in front of us? The IDENTICAL DX3 in the same colors pulling a black enclosed trailer. As we passed each other, neither one of us could help but to wave and laugh at the same time, I felt like I drove past a mirror.
Old 04-08-2018, 08:56 AM   #4

Awesome! Can’t wait to see the trailer sometime! That’s the direction I’m headed at some point.

And in 25k I think I’ve seen 3 other dynamaxes and 1 Seneca in the wild. They’re still pretty rare.
Old 04-08-2018, 08:56 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
Nice looking set up, make sure you post a new picture when everything is a matched up!!!
Thanks, it's been difficult. I'm in the bodyshop business and my shop does a lot of high end work. The last job we did was for Rick Hendrick and Dale Earnhardt JR, we painted a '71 Chevelle for them to take to Barrett Jackson.

Needless to say I'm pretty anal about color matching and the wrap place has spent well over 1500 "tinting" their colors to match the metallics and colors on the RV. I think last week I finally settled on one that that pretty damn close. I know as a bodyshop guy, I can't duplicate the custom paint job on the RV so I'm relying on cameras, vinyl and computers to make it right.

I'll post pics when it's done.

Mark
Old 04-08-2018, 09:06 AM   #6

Welcome to the group. In 12,500 miles I have only seen about 4 or so.

2 at a campground in Delaware and 2 on I-79 south in WV. I look all the

time.
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 09:08 AM   #7

Very nice rig, thanks for joining.
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 01:03 PM   #8

Hello from Byrdstown, Tn, Just one hour from Brimstone and 30 minutes from Pickett State Park. We also ride a lot at Spearhead Trails in Pennington Gap, Va. We Tyrex the mountains and and camp in a Sunseeker MBS. Love the outdoors. The grandkids love it !! Give us a shout next time in the area.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	107_3830.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	350.6 KB
ID:	167547   Click image for larger version

Name:	107_3846.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	515.1 KB
ID:	167548  
Mtnman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 01:23 PM   #9

Welcome. We do like our toys. I am a motorcycle man myself but this last February I took my truck across some 4WD trails in Death Valley and in Moab.
Goldwing 1800GL
Wilco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 02:18 PM   #10

I priced getting our Kenworth wrapped to match our River Stone Legacy, the shop matched it up really well but after giving me the price I decided against it, it was a lot more then I expected.
Old 04-08-2018, 06:14 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnman64 View Post
Hello from Byrdstown, Tn, Just one hour from Brimstone and 30 minutes from Pickett State Park. We also ride a lot at Spearhead Trails in Pennington Gap, Va. We Tyrex the mountains and and camp in a Sunseeker MBS. Love the outdoors. The grandkids love it !! Give us a shout next time in the area.

We ride in Trails End (I like Brimstone but the owner is an a55hole) However, our two favorite places to ride are Jellico just up the road and PICKETT! You have to stop and enjoy the view while in Pickett.

I'll let you know.

Mark
Old 04-08-2018, 06:24 PM   #12

Hi and Welcome. Love the Jeep. We had a custom enclosed trailer made this past year too, it is 12' tall so our lifted jeeps will fit inside, as well as our lifted golf cart and/or our Honda Pioneer.
Old 04-08-2018, 06:29 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
Hi and Welcome. Love the Jeep. We had a custom enclosed trailer made this past year too, it is 12' tall so our lifted jeeps will fit inside, as well as our lifted golf cart and/or our Honda Pioneer.
I made the mistake of not having my trailer match the height of my last RV, it was purely aesthetics for me.

Do you have pics?

Mark
Old 04-08-2018, 06:33 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
I priced getting our Kenworth wrapped to match our River Stone Legacy, the shop matched it up really well but after giving me the price I decided against it, it was a lot more then I expected.
The trailer to get wrapped isn't too bad, it's 7K. I know I can't paint it for that much even if I was able to duplicate the artwork. (which I can't)

Mark
Old 04-09-2018, 07:15 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecrush View Post
The trailer to get wrapped isn't too bad, it's 7K. I know I can't paint it for that much even if I was able to duplicate the artwork. (which I can't)

Mark
I was quoted $8,500 so looking into other options, thanks for info.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:19 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecrush View Post
I made the mistake of not having my trailer match the height of my last RV, it was purely aesthetics for me.

Do you have pics?

Mark
I am looking but cant find any on my server. I will try and get some. The trailer is still not as tall as the Dynamax, probably a 18-24" shorter. I did add a rear camera on the back of the trailer, which is really nice. Going to add LED strip lights inside next for more light. We had the floor coated in rubber, added the built in E-track and a center storage box in the floor for the batteries etc... Used a UTV winch this time with a synthetic cable, much smaller and has a remote.