Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2019, 07:52 AM   #41
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLT4SPD View Post
I have one too.....and have for years, but I just rarely use it. The cordless DeWalt is sooooooo much easier. It won't break anything loose, but it'll run nuts and bolts in like nobody's business.
Agree. I own them all. I just got the light after 20 years of using a corded shop light. I have no idea why I waited for so long.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 08:06 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Agree. I own them all. I just got the light after 20 years of using a corded shop light. I have no idea why I waited for so long.
My new favorite one? The chainsaw! Only a 12" bar, but oh momma is it great for limbs! LOVE IT!
Old 07-29-2019, 07:28 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrzasa View Post
You won’t regret it, best upgrade i’ve done to the Isata 5 and the battlebot lithium’s is a close second. The 160lbs weight savings and the upgraded front suspension has got me at the 7,000 axle limit now. I feel safer and it rides much better.

I heard Pat has an appointment to get the 4 link on the rear next month. Looking forward to hearing his review.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalenss View Post
[emoji106]

You will like the ride improvement. If you have any questions just ask.

Who is doing the install?
What are you guys running for air pressure?

I know the instructions suggest that you should air them up until you have a distance of 8" in-between the top and bottom mounting plate, but I've aired them up to 80psi and they haven't budged an inch. I just don't have a good concept as to what kind of pressure these bags and the lines can handle.
Old 07-29-2019, 09:41 PM   #44

Quote:

I know the instructions suggest that you should air them up until you have a distance of 8" in-between the top and bottom mounting plate, but I've aired them up to 80psi and they haven't budged an inch. I just don't have a good concept as to what kind of pressure these bags and the lines can handle.
I run 93 psi on the right and 107 psi on the left which help correct a weight distribution lean on the coach.

The bags have internal bumps stops at 5.5 inches do you need to keep the bags inflatabled at least 7". Try 7.5-8 inches. 80 psi seems to low.
Old 07-30-2019, 03:57 AM   #45

Quote:

I’m running 100PSI in both of them on our I5.
Go Gators
Rrzasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 08:01 AM   #46

Quote:
I’m running 100PSI in both of them on our I5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalenss View Post
I run 93 psi on the right and 107 psi on the left which help correct a weight distribution lean on the coach.

The bags have internal bumps stops at 5.5 inches do you need to keep the bags inflatabled at least 7". Try 7.5-8 inches. 80 psi seems to low.
Excellent! Thanks guys.

I actually got a bit "brave" yesterday and incrementally put more and more air in until they started to come up. right around 90psi they started moving and around 93-94psi, I hit 8".

I can see the benefit to having them independently filled and being able to correct side-to-side weight distribution, but the simpleton in me REALLY wants to tie those 2 fill lines together and fill them from a common valve.
Old 07-30-2019, 06:36 PM   #47

Quote:
Excellent! Thanks guys.

I actually got a bit "brave" yesterday and incrementally put more and more air in until they started to come up. right around 90psi they started moving and around 93-94psi, I hit 8".

I can see the benefit to having them independently filled and being able to correct side-to-side weight distribution, but the simpleton in me REALLY wants to tie those 2 fill lines together and fill them from a common valve.
OCD simpleton? Never.
dannko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 08:48 PM   #48

Quote:
Excellent! Thanks guys.

That is how mine was installed - a single port for both bags. Not sure if i’m missing something but it does make it easier to fill and i’m thinking of getting an extra transmitter for my TPMS and monitoring the pressure of the bags.
Go Gators
Rrzasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 09:48 PM   #49

Quote:
That is how mine was installed - a single port for both bags. Not sure if i’m missing something but it does make it easier to fill and i’m thinking of getting an extra transmitter for my TPMS and monitoring the pressure of the bags.
Yeah, I think that's the direction I am heading. Funny, I even had the thought about installing another TPMS sensor to monitor the bags.
Old 07-30-2019, 09:49 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannko View Post
OCD simpleton? Never.
It's possible!
Old 08-02-2019, 08:28 AM   #51

First test drive was last night and it is a "wow" type of difference. It was only a 25 miles test drive in mixed conditions (secondary roads, highway, stop and go, etc) and I was completely unloaded with the airbags at 94psi on both sides. The front end smoothed out A LOT! I'm getting ready for a 1,000 mile trip and looking forward to some real seat time to see what it's like over a longer period of time.

Of course, now all I notice is how rough the rear suspension is!!! :-)
Old 08-02-2019, 10:06 AM   #52
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
First test drive was last night and it is a "wow" type of difference. It was only a 25 miles test drive in mixed conditions (secondary roads, highway, stop and go, etc) and I was completely unloaded with the airbags at 94psi on both sides. The front end smoothed out A LOT! I'm getting ready for a 1,000 mile trip and looking forward to some real seat time to see what it's like over a longer period of time.

Of course, now all I notice is how rough the rear suspension is!!! :-)
I have mixed emotions on how I feel about hearing this. I think it's going to cost me some $$$.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
500, suspension