Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2018, 08:54 AM   #1

Keyless Entry

Does anyone know how to reprogram the keyless entry on a 2018 DX3?
Las Vegas, NV
johnmbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 02:00 PM   #2
Commercial Member

I have an email into the supplier. I have instructions, but it seems we're having a rash of issues lately....so something is going on. Either its bad Chinese batteries, bad fobs or the instructions I have are incorrect.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 02:13 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I have an email into the supplier. I have instructions, but it seems we're having a rash of issues lately....so something is going on. Either its bad Chinese batteries, bad fobs or the instructions I have are incorrect.
Thank you very much.
Las Vegas, NV
johnmbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 03:41 PM   #4

I know how to program my lock system, but my problem is that it will lock with the fob or keypad but won't open with either method. You can hear it click but lock doesn't move. I have the lock with the 2 door contacts to frame.
Any suggestions? Lock does move freely both ways. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Entry Door Keyless Entry HD008-HW-Instruction.pdf (1.44 MB, 122 views)
Old 06-26-2018, 02:07 PM   #5

Just like to bump this up. Any ideas on why my lock will lock either by fob or door buttons but not unlock? As stated, you can hear it try to unlock. It does seem to take the same force to lock as unlock when done manually.

Thought I'd toss a softball to BC after he comes back from his well deserved 4 Martini Executive Lunch

Thanks.
Old 06-26-2018, 02:17 PM   #6
Just as confused as you

Quote:
Originally Posted by hook47 View Post
Just like to bump this up. Any ideas on why my lock will lock either by fob or door buttons but not unlock? As stated, you can hear it try to unlock. It does seem to take the same force to lock as unlock when done manually.

Thought I'd toss a softball to BC after he comes back from his well deserved 4 Martini Executive Lunch

Thanks.

As much as BC is on the forum I would think he eats lunch at his desk. Just saying I don't think he has time for a 4 martini lunch.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 02:35 PM   #7
Commercial Member

You have no idea how fast I can drink

I just wonder if it takes more force to unlock than lock. If it was working before, I wonder if this is a lock that is about to go bad.

Old 06-26-2018, 03:25 PM   #8
Just as confused as you

bc, are you saying you don't keep a bottle in the bottom desk drawer?
I saw some pre-made margarita in a store the other day, I wonder if they have pre-made martinis.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 03:33 PM   #9
Commercial Member

In the fridge actually. Bailey's for coffee if its a rough morning and Jager if its a rough afternoon. Though its more for emotional support. I think they were gifts from suppliers a few years back.

Old 06-26-2018, 03:40 PM   #10
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hook47 View Post
I know how to program my lock system, but my problem is that it will lock with the fob or keypad but won't open with either method. You can hear it click but lock doesn't move. I have the lock with the 2 door contacts to frame.
Any suggestions? Lock does move freely both ways. Thanks.
Sorry hook...we've wandered. Let me run this past my tech. See if he has run into this.

Old 06-26-2018, 03:46 PM   #11
Commercial Member

One other thing...you say the lock moves "freely" both ways. But you are talking about the INTERIOR lock I assume? That is activated differently as I recall.

Try this.. with the door OPEN, Push the little latch (thing that looks like a can opener) closed (as if the door was closed and it is wrapped around the bolt on the jamb) and then with the door unlocked, pull on the exterior entry door handle. Does it release the latch?

What could be happening is that the door is IN FACT, unlocking. But, the mechanism that pulls the plunger that is tied to the exterior pull latch is broken. The inside (separate mechanism) could open and close the door. The outside one will not. Had this with another guy...swore we didn't fix the lock, but we couldn't replicate it as it was "going" out.

Old 06-26-2018, 06:37 PM   #12

Its 5 o'clock somewhere. 1st Martini.

What I meant by the force to open is with the door open I can move the lever for the bottom lock from lock to unlock with about the same apparent force. When using the electric function with fob or key pad it is a very forceful sounding clunk when the lock locks. Have had same lock system on my last 5er and if memory serves, seems about the same in function.

I will try your experiment tomorrow and see what is up. Thanks again for your help, and humor.
Old 07-01-2018, 09:52 PM   #13
2018 Dynaquest 38TS

I have figured how to program my key fobs. First you need to take the power away from the door this is done by opening the door and shutting it, within 5 seconds press 1 and 9 at the same time you will hear the lock make a noise. then within 5 seconds press any button on your key fob. you need to do both fobs as it will change the code on your fobs.
DR Quest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 01:02 PM   #14

OK, had a chance to go to the rig and play with the lock. I can lock the bottom lock with the red capped lever manually, by the fob or by the keypad. It will only unlock with the key or by moving the red capped lever which is the part that moves when locked/unlocked manually or electrically. I can close the "church key" looking lock manually and then open the door from outside or inside without a problem. I was able to get the electrical part to work without having to completely shut the door; the contacts closed with the door just slightly ajar. This allowed me to monitor all the possible ways to lock/unlock. To paraphrase John Cleese (Monty Python): "the unlock is dead".
Old 07-03-2018, 06:07 PM   #15

I had this same issue while at the rally. Same thing neither keypad nor fob would unlock.

Keypad would look like it was working properly but it was actually bad.

Greg replaced keypad while we visited the factory on our way home.

Now all is working great!
Old 07-03-2018, 06:08 PM   #16

It is close enough to 5 here!

Old 07-03-2018, 06:43 PM   #17

It is past 5 here. My preferred drink of late is a G&T. Tonight I am forgoing the "T". I am using Seagram's Lime Twisted Gin; makes a great Martini straight up w/o Vermouth.
Now on to the show. Thanks for the info on the keypad. Was it easy to replace?
Old 07-06-2018, 02:34 PM   #18

Bump

Any suggestions on how to make sure it is a bad keypad?

Thanks
Old 07-07-2018, 12:22 AM   #19

The instructions are on their website on how to reprogram. My dealer could make it lock but not unlock. I went to their website. Otherwise t
ake apart from the door, just two screws and unplug the wires inside and then re-plug. Make sure the contact at the bottom of the door is cleaned off as that is the power source to the keypad.
NV DX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 09:14 AM   #20

The code does work in the sense that I can hear a click and see a small movement of the lever. It has unlocked once. Good idea to reprogram. Who knows it may work.
What is pulling the key pad off and disconnecting / reconnecting the wires supposed to accomplish? Once you open the door you no longer have power which should do the same? Or is it just making sure contact in the connectors is good?